What's new
What's new

Starrett Rapid Check II CMM Coordinate Measuring Machine For Sale

evilroot

Plastic
I have available for sale a Starrett Rapid Check II CMM. This is a complete package and includes everything you need to run and operate the system!

The unit is equipped with a Renishaw MIP manually indexable probe and ruby tipped point. Control is though a Dell Optiplex GX110 computer running Apogee. The computer has the card that connects the various control and sensor lines. A teaching pendant is included as well.

There are full operating and user manuals for both the machine itself and the Apogee software, as well as the parallel license dongle and physical license key. I do not have the actual software media but it should be available through Starrett if you wish to use a different computer. The machine could also be retrofitted to use a different software package.

A bit about the history of this machine:

It was originally used at a machine shop, until being sold in 2004 to a university where it was then used for training. It was last professionally calibrated then in 2004. For the past few years it has been in storage.

I have cleaned and lubricated the linear movement system but it will definitely need professional service and calibration before any serious use! It is VERY LARGE and VERY HEAVY and will require a truck to move. I have a forklift on site to assist in loading.

I don't have a great deal of experience with these machines, so if you have any particular questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask. I will be taking pictures tomorrow when I have better light.

Price wise I was thinking $12,000, but feel free to make offers. Again, this is not my main area of expertise so I'm going off similar machines I've seen listed.

I can be reached by e-mail at [email protected]

Back