What's new
What's new

Tree UP1000 Lathes (2) for sale

TeflonDave

Aluminum
For Sale - 2 CNC TREE lathes (Cheep !)

We are getting ready to post ebay and crasigslist but we decided to post in the Practical Machinist forum first and at a discounted price This price is listed below and we will consider best offer.

We will be posting more pics of the 2 machines and computer/ power cabinet and collet closer parts.

(2) Two TREE UP1000 lathes. Made in Racine, Wisconsin USA. One is serial # 34 the other is unknown (# 70?) because the cabinetry hides nameplate or I just can not find it.

These machines both run. Both still make parts. They have been used mainly to cut precision plastic parts using in-house made billets in loop and repeat cycles. Some copper and aluminum parts also. Mostly chucking these last 10 years.

There are many spare parts and a spare motor. There is a pictorial inventory, see link below. For any specifics please PM me and I will try to answer in 24 hours or sooner. We will add more pics by Monday 10/24

Collet closer systems -3 parts (A rotating collar & an elbow & a ring) have been misplaced or possibly lost during our move to a newer location, we are searching now.

Battery back-up is added. Air blast and 120V on/off added. (Using some M codes)

Machine specs;
Swing- 10" we have done up to 12"
Spindle drive- 5 HP
Horizontal bed design w/ 13" way span
Saddle bearing surface 15"
Bed design- Unibody cast iron
Forward indexing, random
Turret- 8 station LH tools
Turret- 3/4" shank turning 1 1/4 boring
X axis travel- 4.5 inches
Z axis travel- 18 inches
Weight- 5200 lbs
Feed rate and rapid travel- 0-200 ipm
RPM- 0-4000
Bison chucks- one is a SET-TRU modified for a 1.75 thru hole, one is a basic self-centering Bison chuck on a Hardinge C25D back plate. 6" size
Coolant system, 10 gal tank and Graymill pumps

Spindle Noses:
One machine has the 2 3/16 X 10 thread with a 5C taper ID - 1.06 thru hole (No tailstock)
One machine has the A2-5 with 3J taper ID - 1.56 thru hole, This machine has a tailstock added that will need to be worked on because the original tailstock was accidentally scrapped during our move to a new location.:angry:

All systems are working but the pcb's and other electronics are giving us too much trouble. We decided to purchase a couple of new machines and eliminate the constant and cumulative maintenance time.

All schematics, dealer/service updates and drawings are on a thumb drive

Price for PM members : $2500 includes toolholders and some turning tools - OBO considered

Any questions please PM me.
Thx,
Dave

Tree UP 1's - Google Photos

Last edited:
Dave wish you where a little closer to me I would buy them in a heart beat since I have one running production in my shop now.

(Wonder what it would cost to rig them to Illinois lol )

Dave wish you where a little closer to me I would buy them in a heart beat since I have one running production in my shop now.

(Wonder what it would cost to rig them to Illinois lol )
Rent a u-haul box truck, probably just the smaller 1 ton version, one very long day and you've got them home in your shop.

Back