What's new
What's new

Wanted: Bridgeport mill

btm

Hot Rolled
I'm looking for a decent condition Bridgeport mill for my employer. It doesn't need to be mint, but not a beater either. I would prefer a variable speed head, power feed on X, 9 x 42 or 9 x 48 table and standard R8 spindle.
We're located near Clearfield, PA, so I'm looking for a machine somewhere around central PA, eastern OH, Maryland, southern NY, and maybe NJ.
Let me know what you have.

btm

Go over to HGR in Cleveland and have a look. I was looking at there web sight last night and there must have been twenty Bridgeport mills. You should be able to find at least one good one.

Just out of curiosity, what's a mint one cost? And for that matter, what's a clapped out one worth?

In this area, Bridgeports seem to bottom out around $2,000 for a variable speed. Step pulley machines go down to $1,500. Round rams even less.

Lots of machines seem to be in the $3,500 to 4,500 range. Some seem to go up to $8,000+.

Just out of curiosity, what's a mint one cost? And for that matter, what's a clapped out one worth?

In this area, Bridgeports seem to bottom out around $2,000 for a variable speed. Step pulley machines go down to $1,500. Round rams even less.

Lots of machines seem to be in the $3,500 to 4,500 range. Some seem to go up to $8,000+.

Depending on year and accessories from $10,000 to $12,500......nobody seems to like the new Bridgeports, the very nice used machines are commanding a premium!

These are not dealers asking prices but what the machines actually sold for!

Kevin

Back