What's new
What's new

WANTED: Guilloche/Engine Turning Machines

javan.dempsey

Aluminum
Hey guys, I know it's a bit of a long shot, but I've always wanted to get a Guilloche or Decorative Engine Turning machines. Straight line or otherwise.

I know they're pretty rare, but they're also pretty limited in use, so I'm hoping someone here may have one sitting around or in storage they'd be willing to part with, for a reasonable sum of money. Looking for mostly complete, and hopefully with accessories, but open to it being a bit of a project.

Seems like "Gold Machinery" has a strange-hold on these, and rolling mills, on Ebay, with some pretty outrageous price tags, so if you think your machine is worth $20k,
please don't waste my time. In fairness, the same machines they've had listed have been on there for years, so I don't think anybody is falling for it.

Anyway, let me know what you've got!

Cheers, and thanks all!

I have a kenloc straightline and a newieler straight line. I got both from gold machine. I am building a rose engine. I have not seen a good deal on any of this sort of equipment in 20 years. I got a brocading machine that is in rough shape for a good deal but I need to cut new gears for it. Gold has straightlines for around 5 grand, they are not on the website but if you are ever in pawtuckett its well worth a visit.

I have a kenloc straightline and a newieler straight line. I got both from gold machine. I am building a rose engine. I have not seen a good deal on any of this sort of equipment in 20 years. I got a brocading machine that is in rough shape for a good deal but I need to cut new gears for it. Gold has straightlines for around 5 grand, they are not on the website but if you are ever in pawtuckett its well worth a visit.

Thanks kpotter, yeah, I've also known some people to buy rolling mills from them and supposedly, they'll "deal" for cash quite well, so I may end up going that route eventually, when I can't take it anymore.

I'm just totally enamored with this kind of machinery.

I work with these machines everyday, I have never seen one sell for cheap, even 18 years ago when I got my first one they were around 4 grand for a working one. There was never a huge supply of these machines they were mostly built in providence rhode island. The swiss and german ones as well as the british ones are not to common on this side of the atlantic.

Back