What's new
What's new

WANTED machine scraping tools (carbide tip scrapers)(located in el cajon, CA)

1967marti

Aluminum
I'm located in el, cajon California and i'm looking for a hand scraper (replaceable carbite tip type) hand-made or not. I've been looking around and i can't find any used ones.
thanks,

-marti​

For Pete's sake. Can we take pity on the OP however he's misplaced his query?

I don't have any scrapers I'm ready to part with, but might mention the the Home Shop Machinist magazine (sorry) has had a series of articles on scraping and making the tools to scrape and sharpen the scrapers. They're not that hard and it's good experience. Carbide blanks can be had from most of the industrial suppliers. Forrest Addy has made them for his classes I understand so he'd be another resource for advice on rolling your own.

Sandvik used to have them in their catalog, with replaceable carbide blades. A guy who did this for a living would want to make his own but for light use, they work fine.

Sandvik used to have them in their catalog, with replaceable carbide blades. A guy who did this for a living would want to make his own but for light use, they work fine.

Five year wait?

All he had to do was read King Richard's hard-edged attacks, he could be shitting carbide scrapers in gross lots by this late date...

:)

Back