What's new
What's new

Wells bandsaw model 8M

Sam Salvati

Plastic
A solid built Wells Model 8M bandsaw, American made in Michigan by Wells. Wells is still in business, and still carry parts for they're saws and tools back to models made 1939. Saw runs fine, 110v motor, drive gears, drive and idler/tracking/tension wheel bearings and everything is in great shape, will need new blade guide bearings though but that's it, everything else is mint. I bought it out of a fabrication shop, got it home to my little shop and WOW it's big, and I found a smaller Wells portable, so I am selling Big Brother. This saw is a beast, a real professional machine made to last. Brand new blade and one that's got good life left on it come with it. I will help load, but the saw weighs atleast 500-600 pounds, so not a one man operation. 2000$ OBO. Pick up at my shop in Yulan NY, 12792.

285621_4154751358049_1300146068_n.jpg

I had that same model saw in a shop I worked in for 15 years. Worked great, and got used a lot every day. Certainly a workhorse that is well built, and all of the spare parts for one are readily available from Wellsaw. Can't comment on how one values a used saw, but I passed one up south of Indy a year ago for $375. Could kick myself for not getting it.

Back