What's new
What's new

WTB: 10-13" Lathe, Northern California

jwearing

Hot Rolled
I am a hobbyist trying to get started with metalworking. I bought an old South Bend but it ended up being a huge project, and in my travels of buying and selling parts for it I have met a couple guys with really nice machines. So I have decided to resell the South Bend, increase my budget and look for something newer and nicer.

I'm looking for something in the 10-13" range, larger would be ok but I have limited shop space. I would love a nice gear head Clausing or Sheldon. I don't have a fixed budget but I probably can't afford an HLV. Really only interested in American made machines in good condition.

I am located in the SF Bay Area, and can drive a couple hundred miles if necessary.

I have a very nice Rockwell variable speed 11 inch lathe, with lots of tooling, also in Seattle. I'll probably be selling it in a few months time, assuming I can get my (new-to-me and yet-to-be-brought-home) Colchester Chipmaster up and running. The Rockwell is not in the same league as a Rivett, but then, what is?

More info here >>> http://www.lathes.co.uk/delta metal/page2.html

If you have any interest, email me at [email protected].

Jwearing,

Have you checked Craigslist in the SF Bay area...there are a ton of lathes for sale..all sizes and prices. Some probably two blocks away from you...maybe!

Stuart

Thanks guys. The Rivett would be wonderful, more than I deserve, and the Rockwell would be great too. But Seattle is 800+ miles away, I think I should exhaust closer options first. I will check out Rowe machinery, and of course I am watching Craigslist closely but all the CL lathes I go look at end up being junky, I would rather buy from a forum member if possible.

I am a hobbyist trying to get started with metalworking. I bought an old South Bend but it ended up being a huge project, and in my travels of buying and selling parts for it I have met a couple guys with really nice machines. So I have decided to resell the South Bend, increase my budget and look for something newer and nicer.

I'm looking for something in the 10-13" range, larger would be ok but I have limited shop space. I would love a nice gear head Clausing or Sheldon. I don't have a fixed budget but I probably can't afford an HLV. Really only interested in American made machines in good condition.

I am located in the SF Bay Area, and can drive a couple hundred miles if necessary.

I have a Sheldon Quick Change Gear Lathe, Catalog #FMWQ with a Bed Length 44 inches. Many accessories. My old friend passed away and used it for gun smithing. It is in very good to excellent condition. It is located in his garage in San Francisco. Are you still looking for a lathe?
Call me at 415 898-0610. LouB

I will second the suggestion of Rowe Machinery here in Santa Cruz. Ask for Bob. Unless he sold it this week he had a 15" Colchester there last Friday.

Back