What's new
What's new

WTB Arbor Presses

J.L.M.

Aluminum
Hello all.. I am new here and had to join..

I am looking for some arbor presses.. I like Famco and Atlas best but all considered..

I need a floor model arbor press #4 or bigger and a #3.5 style size bench top..

On the bench top a ratchet model is preferred and on floor model a compound model is preferred but any considered..

I am open to any condition or size or brand but no china junk.. If its broke in half I could still be interested.. I am not afraid of the press setting half sunk in the dirt in the weeds for the last 20 years behind the shop..

Also I have a #3 Greenerd and a #3 Famco that is missing the slotted table plates.. If anyone has these presses also and can send me all the measurements of the factory table plates so I can cut me a factory size plate it would be greatly appreciated..

Let me know what you guys got..

Please no PM's

Text pictures and price and location to 765 499 1875.. leave message if no answer..

Thanks
Jeremy

I have a Famco 6C that needs a new home. Compound but missing the plate. Pictures coming. Location Denver Co

Not going to text you.
But here's exactly what you're looking for, in Lima, Ohio, on CL, for a kilobuck. Not mine, no relation, etc.

Arbor Press - tools - by owner - sale

Have at it. Or not, if you don't bother to come back and check... Whateves.

Chip

I called about that press the 1st day it came out and everyday since until he called me back..that press sold before the guy called me back.. and its now 15 min from my house and i have been trying to work a deal on it but ant made it happen yet..

Please dont price it where I can afford it .... a Denver road trip is only 1650 miles... :)

He is only 1100 mile from me and I am trying to work a deal on press and some other things he has.. hope it all works out but as of now I am still looking.. really I am looking for more then 1 so ill prob be looking for awhile..

Industrial Machinery here in Columbus is closing, and auctioning everything off 10/4 I believe. Don't know if they have one, but somewhere online is the listing sheet, etc. They're out by the airport.

Chip

Industrial Machinery here in Columbus is closing, and auctioning everything off 10/4 I believe.
Don't know if they have one, but somewhere online is the listing sheet, etc. They're out by the airpor
Chip

I have already checked out there stuff. I would love to have the Atlas #6 they got. A Atlas or Famco #4 and #6 would be perfect. I like the #6 atlas tables better.. This is in a perfect world. I'm open to about any of them..

Industrial Machinery here in Columbus is closing, and auctioning everything off 10/4 I believe. Don't know if they have one, but somewhere online is the listing sheet, etc. They're out by the airport.

Chip

You know who is having the auction? I cant find anything about it anywhere.. They dont answer there phone anymore..

Come on guys ant there any presses out there anymore?

It can take awhile to find a big arbor press. You either need to rely on luck, or hear of some company closing, or frequent auctions. Very few homeowner Home Depot types would have a no. 4 or bigger.

I found mine at the online version of Boeing Surplus. They haven't surplused another since. Mine's a Famco 3 1/2C with factory stand.

I certainly wouldn't pass up on a big arbor press in good shape but with a bent handle or missing bolster plate. Those are trivial to replace, even if they aren't original parts. But if the thing binds up, well, it might be hard to fix.

metalmagpie

Did the walk-thru yesterday at Industrial Machinery. Yikes.
They do have a floor-standing arbor press or two, along with several more larger bench-style on stands. They also have a few more buildings of things.
Happy bidding.

Chip

Back