What's new
What's new

WTB Harrison 10AA or Colchester Chipmaster lathe

Mikel Levy

Aluminum
I'm looking to purchase one of the aforementioned lathes for a home shop, preferably within driving distance (say 300 miles) of Seattle, Washington, or in some scenario where shipping is not a major issue.

Mike

I'd sell you one of mine, but I'm in central Canada. Good luck in your search, they are nice lathes.

Lucky7

Looking further afield

One of the forum members here, Walter Prommer, (to whom I owe much thanks), has very kindly taken the time to provide me with some tips whereby, with the seller's cooperation, it may be possible to ship the lathe cross-country for a very reasonable rate. Therefore, I am open to the purchase of a lathe from anywhere in the continental U.S., or perhaps Canada also (although there could be additional issues involved in crossing borders). So, if anyone is looking to sell a Chipmaster or 10AA in decent condition, please email me. This machine will not be for commercial use--I just like to tinker.

Mike
email: [email protected]

Oxnard, West of LA about 50 miles.

turret with a tail, don't see any chucks, possible ways are good due to using turret who knows , could fly down for a look....Good fishing off Oxnard,,Captain Hooks of channel Islands..

Harrison M3 Engine Lathe 13" x 4" Geared Head Collet Closer Turret Nice DRO | eBay

Fishing
Channel Islands Sportfishing | Fishing | Whale Watching

See that hole in the rock...I hunted on that island Santa Rosa Island..Got a 320 0/8 elk there, great hunt.

Thanks for the heads-up, but I'm looking for a Chipmaster or Harrison 10AA in particular. A bit silly, I know, as there are many machines out there that will shave metal equally well, but we humans are (or at least I am) not entirely rational.

I was out on Anacapa Island once years ago, and getting from a dinghy in choppy water onto the ladder that constituted the landing was rather exciting.

Mike

I have one I would sell (Harrison). I have the steady and 2 follow rests as well. No chucks or post as they are on my Monarch. I can not load the machine but am able and willing to bolt it to a pallet and wrap it up. Phila,PA 19118 Feel free to PM me.

Back