What's new
What's new

WTB: Mill and/or lathe to get my shop off the ground

npolanosky

Cast Iron
Hi all,

I'm looking for some equipment to get my shop started. I've got a decent space lined up to put things in, so it's time to start shopping around.

I'm currently using more or less "borrowed" equipment- An early 90's HAAS VF-1, a bridgeport clone, and a small 10x24 import lathe. It's time to get m own place and equipment.

I need a solid VMC to get me started, and a small-medium size turning center would be great too. Manual equipment, while not necessary immediately, is nice to have, so basically if you have equipment PM me with what you've got and a price and I'll let you know if I'm interested.

On the mill side, I've been eyeing Fadal 4020's and older HAAS VF3's, but I'm open to suggestions and offers for both bigger and smaller machines.
On the lathe side I don't know what to look for, but a HAAS S*10/20 would be great or other machines around that size.

I'd like to not go much older than 1995 or so just so I know I can at least hook up my PC over serial and dripfeed gcode if need be. Newer machines are of course welcome but keep in mind I have a limited budget for right this moment.

I'm in the Orlando, FL area but I'm not above having the right machine shipped.

Let me know what you've got and what you would want for it.

Thank,
Nick

Edit: Missed the sticky about including an email.
You can email me at [email protected] and if you really must you can call me at 540-661-8850.

Hello, friend,
I, Lorentz, am an amateur designer who previously owned a machine shop with EDM sinkers, VMC's, CNC lathes but too long ago. If you were in L.A. I would just hire you instead of starting cold, but since you are in Fla., that would be problematic. My son, a PhD candidate in Physical Chemistry invented a Chemical reaction motor that needs lathing up to 14" dia with additional operations with VM -CVD film epitaxy. I will farm out some aluminum oxide coating and lapping, and Chem Oxide Deposition, and also some laser vac sputtering / additive after my part of the work is done. So I have immediate need for VMC / Lathe combo but must fit in a 18'x10' space, one car space in my 2 car garage that has only single phase power. If any one offers you small size equipment that you reject, would you turn the contact to me? Email is [email protected] and tel 805-265-7916. I would be so grateful, and I would find a way to make it up to you.

Lorentz

Back