What's new
What's new

WTB South Bend Lathe, Possibly another brand

steelsponge

Aluminum
Greetings to all on the P M site. I am new to the forum. I have a collection of vintage machinery, mostly woodworking. My latest acquisition is a sibley 24 inch sliding head drill press. Industrial sculptor for sure. I live in N. central Minn. and am willing to travel a bit to find what I am looking for.
I am on the lookout for a Southbend or similar metal lathe. 14- 42 or thereabouts. 1 1/4 inch thruhole. Minimum, a 3jaw chuck or more. Threading capabilities, follow and steady rests. And at least a complete tailstock. I dont mind older, even flatbelt. If it needs a lot of elbow grease that is fine with me, so long as it is complete. Some basic tooling would be nice. Hope i am not asking for too much. Something with a little life left in it that needs a good home.
I go by steelsponge on the site, my real name is Clyde. I am a retired heavy equipment and machinery hauler. I have the capability of moving roughly up to a 10,000 lb machine. I sold my semi tractor and lowboy trailer, but kept all of my equipment. I am available for suggestions or help in any way when it comes to loading or moving machinery. Maybe even hauling if the circumstances are right. I would even be willing to trade hauling for an older lathe. Enough said, thank you all for reading, Steelsponge, (Clyde)

Greetings to all on the P M site. I am new to the forum. I have a collection of vintage machinery, mostly woodworking. My latest acquisition is a sibley 24 inch sliding head drill press. Industrial sculptor for sure. I live in N. central Minn. and am willing to travel a bit to find what I am looking for.
I am on the lookout for a Southbend or similar metal lathe. 14- 42 or thereabouts. 1 1/4 inch thruhole. Minimum, a 3jaw chuck or more. Threading capabilities, follow and steady rests. And at least a complete tailstock. I dont mind older, even flatbelt. If it needs a lot of elbow grease that is fine with me, so long as it is complete. Some basic tooling would be nice. Hope i am not asking for too much. Something with a little life left in it that needs a good home.
I go by steelsponge on the site, my real name is Clyde. I am a retired heavy equipment and machinery hauler. I have the capability of moving roughly up to a 10,000 lb machine. I sold my semi tractor and lowboy trailer, but kept all of my equipment. I am available for suggestions or help in any way when it comes to loading or moving machinery. Maybe even hauling if the circumstances are right. I would even be willing to trade hauling for an older lathe. Enough said, thank you all for reading, Steelsponge, (Clyde)

I have a real nice Monarch that would fit the bill........what is your budget?
PM me if you like for my contact info.

Kevin

My friend has a 16" South Bend turret lathe. It is running on 110 volts. He is asking $850 with the 110 volt motors, or he will take $500 OBO without them. There are 3-phase motors that will go with it. It is in Wooster, OH. He will not ship...it must be picked up. Message me if you would like pictures or have questions. Thanks, Richard

I have a Southbend 9A lathe with horizontal mount drive w/12 speed and 3 1/2' bed. Threaded spindle nose for sale. It is in impeccable condition. I am located in southeastern Michigan, about 30 miles west of Detroit.

PM me if interested.

Thank you,
Adam

Back