What's new
What's new

WTB - Your extra Van Norman #12

cpberry1

Plastic
Good evening all,

I realize it's a long shot, but if anyone has a Van Norman #12 sitting around that they are willing to part with, I am in the market for one. I am a total novice on a milling machine, but it appears that this might be a nice mill to begin on. I have no desire to advance beyond the hobby machinist stage. I love the old iron, hence not considering new imports. I am near Charlotte, NC and would like to stay within a few hours drive, but will consider whatever is offered.

Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? What other mills in this capability range would you recommend that I consider?

Thanks for your time!
Patrick

Patrick, not trying to go off topic here, but I got your PM regarding a Cincinnati mill I have for sale on here, but for some reason the forum is having glitches and won't let me reply to your PM. Email also sent to you.
Thanks

Thanks Scott

Patrick, not trying to go off topic here, but I got your PM regarding a Cincinnati mill I have for sale on here, but for some reason the forum is having glitches and won't let me reply to your PM. Email also sent to you.
Thanks
I received and replied to you regarding the Cincinnati. I didn't realize it was such a heavy machine. I don't think that I can manage an 8,000 pound load, if that is indeed what it weighs. I maxed out my skills and capabilities moving my Rivett lathe, which weighs only half that much!
Thanks again

Sorry JB,
I just purchased a 22LU loaded with tooling and with a BP M-head on it and got it in the shop this morning.
Moderator,
You can pull the thread.
Thanks,
Patrick

Back