What's new
What's new

Zgoo, Dan Lewis Machinery, Oregon

Kiwi_007

Aluminum
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know the above machinery dealer in Oregon?
The reason I ask is that I agreed to purchase a grinding attachment he listed on theis site, he said he would ship it to Ca. I have paid him and the cheques has cleared yet he hasn't shipped it and won't answer emails.......I would appreciate it if anyone can help in this matter.

Thanks
Kiwi

Thanks I will try that, is that a business number and do you know his hours of trade?

I'm only hopeing it's an oversite by Dan as the cheque cleared in September last year and despite the several emails I have sent he hasn't replied.

Kiwi

Last edited:
It is the one he uses for business but it may also be a personel number. Don't know for sure. His hours of trade seem to be 8-5 Pacific time. Good luckl!

From my dealing with Dan he is hard to get a hold of and not good about returning messages this is something that I here from a lot of pople and a lot tell me that the one dealing is it no more. as for hours I would call any time from 8am -8pm I am sure that you will get your grinder Ken

I purchased a couple machines from Dan when I was starting out. These purchases were when he was claiming to be a private party. Both were misrepresented and the extra parts and manuals for the second machine I purchased he promised to mail to me never showed showed up. Most I have met locally who purchased from Lewis Machinery have been disappointed with their stuff. Most of his stuff is worn out or broken low end industrial or high buck hobby stuff.

I've seen honest, cheap ads for worn mills and lathes pop up on craigslist, then go away quickly only to be back up again with a much better sounding description and higher price the next week with Dan's number.

My experience with Dan is that his prices are on the high side of tolerable yet everything I have bought from him has been in good condition and delivered as promised. If you have a job for a machine that you don't have . . . you can justify the purchase compared to buying new or waiting to take your chances at an auction.

I and/or my employees have been through his shop a number of times - he has some really nice stuff and some mediocre stuff, I haven't seen much of anything that would be deemed clapped out.

I believe the number posted above is his cell phone - and like stated above, I wouldn't hesitate to call him from 8am to 8pm pacific time - I called him this morning and got him on the phone on the 3rd ring about a forklift I just bought from him.

Perhaps you folks who he actually answers the phone for could call him back and find out why he'd being such a jerk with the Kiwi customer ?

Thanks to Ken Brown, I found out about this thread,,,,I did a search and found the emails from Ian in the spam folder. I have his grinder in a box in our shop. I emailed him when I just got home from the shop at 10:30 tonite. I simply drop this one, my bad!!! And I have be too busy to follow up on some things and we are trying to slow down, we just can't keep up and do a good job.

A little history, I did sell machines as a private party for a while, but a finally started Lewis Machinery and it expanded a lot, bought a 20,000 building moved out of 5 shop spaces in to one shop. We stock a lot of machines, a few new, some near new, and few well used. Just the kind of machines you see in a lot of shops. We sometimes buy off CL and we will rig them, completely clean them and resell for more money, and rig them for way less then any body around here. I always try to find the best machine for the money, and there is a buyer for all kinds and thats what we sell. I always buy machine and I rarely ever low ball a seller, they tell me what they want and if it makes since I will do it, as a machine seller I've been taken more times then I can could from sellers so I know that feeling. But in the above case it's my fault and will do whatever will make him happy. I know you can't please every one but we try!

Thanks Dan
503-572-3845

Hey Don, I truly was not trying to be I jerk to Ian, just me be being a dumb ass for dropping the ball!!

Dan, Thank you for the email. Since my emails get directed to your spam folder I will outline my reply here as well.
Please send the grinding attachment to the address in Ca which I put in my email, and please ensure it has proof of delivery, that way I know it's arrived.
I can understand getting busy and forgetting things but when it comes to important things I always write them down.......I learnt that one the hard way also........Look forward to getting the grinding attachment......Kiwi

Ian, Sorry again, we were using a small private driving and he got out of the delivery service so Byron my partner was going drop it off in late Nov when in the Bay area for two month of work there and he forgot to take it and I didn't see in the box, probably won't have missed it if it wasn't in a box, how could you miss a new baby blue grinding attachment in a sea of gray, but we did!!! LOL. Dan

Ian, Sorry again, we were using a small private driving and he got out of the delivery service so Byron my partner was going drop it off in late Nov when in the Bay area for two month of work there and he forgot to take it and I didn't see in the box, probably won't have missed it if it wasn't in a box, how could you miss a new baby blue grinding attachment in a sea of gray, but we did!!! LOL. Dan

Sounds like you owe this guy a discount for all of his time you have wasted.

Dan can you please advise when the grinding attachment will be delivered to the freight company in Ca as it has been 6 months since you received payment so I expect some urgency in this matter........Kiwi

Ian,

I have a driver that will hand deliver it by next Fri, they are waiting for their truck to return from back east. They said wed to fri at the lastest. I will email the contact info to them and have them give me a call when they deliver it. Thanks Dan

Jimmy thanks for asking, I had an email from Dan last week to say that it should be delivered on Thursday the 5th or Friday the 6th at the latest, he said he would email me when it was delivered........I'm still waiting for the email.
I will email the freighter in Ca to see if it has arrived there yet...........Kiwi

Ian,

Any luck yet? I recently saw an advertisement on the local Craigslist for a machinery auction in town that he is located in. I wonder if he's out of business and selling everything...?

Good luck to you,
JG

Back