What's new
What's new

Ellis dividing head a3405 info

richard218

Plastic
Hey. Thanks for your time. I recently purchased the dividing head from eBay. It shows up damaged. I decided to keep it to repair and use. I would like to just purchase the damaged part, but I think there could be some missing parts. It seems that someone attempted to repair the damage. I could tell during disassembly that I was not the first. I think there may be a couple of shims missing but can't tell yet. I would be happy to purchase a manual if you can point me to it. Thanks

Thanks. Sorry just one tail stock center. I'll be making plates as needed and a head stock center, but it has a nice little Buck chuck! I'll look it over and see if I can tell if it's the same as yours. Maybe I can get you some good measurements and pictures of any missing pieces. Its fairly small, perfect for our needs. We have a big Kerney Trecker, too big to be useful.

I have the same dividing head. It works nicely. Mine only has one of the indexing plates (#1 15-20). I'm looking for the other two plates. I know I could make them but would rather have the originals. Anyone out there with these plates and want to dispose of them drop me a note.
Thanks,
Ron

i also have ellis dividing head google ellis div head you will find spec,s parts diagram and print out ofall plates numbers plate mine uses 5inch plates 1 1/8 bore three screws there on ebay all the time i paid 20.00 each mine is #9 brown and sharp taper spindle. they are 1 3/4-8 thread spindle Jon

cammer , you say they are on eBay all the time. I've been looking for a couple of years on eBay and have never run across these plates for my Ellis dividing head.
If you happen to see and ad for the plates again give me a heads up if you will.
Ron

they are not listed by make just size look for 5inch dia 1 1/8 bore 3 mounting holes they fit a couple different heads so go by size thats how i got four of the seven and a set for a friend of mine look under dividing plates Jon

Back