What's new
What's new

Unknown Machine

PatK

Plastic
G`Day All,
Was hoping someone will be able to tell me what this small hand operated machine is.
This machine came from a Technical College in an Australian country town & is now held in a private collection.
Link to photos Unknown Machine - Google Photos
Regards PatK

Hi Pat,

No idea, yet. A couple more pictures from different angles would be helpful. The current two are basically the same.
One from the end with the big handwheel, and a few more looking at the clamp-ish thing in the middle from various angles would help.
It'd also be useful to know what happens when you crank the handwheel. The handwheel looks more like it was designed to power it, rather than adjust it, so it'd be nice to know what happens when it's cranked.

Regards,
Brian

As said above more info would help but I think it looks like a hacksaw /bandsaw blade sharpening or perhaps setting machine or something like that.

G`Day Brian,
Thank you for your interest.Cannot get any more pics at this point as the machine is located about 300km away from me.
Your observation is correct, the machine is powered by the hand wheel & when turned the 2 arms either side of center vice reciprocate to left & right from memory cannot recall what center arm above vice does.
I am a toolmaker by trade (58 yrs exp) & have worked as such all my life but have never came across this before.
This machine is owned by a friend.
Regards Pat Kelly

That is absolutely a hand crank band saw blade tooth setter. Since it seems to have a modern plate that says "made in England", it's likely a Disston copy and more modern than you'd think.

I had one of those years ago. It was a Disston and also green. The cam mounted underneath was a sight to behold. It controlled the timing and setter. Pretty cool.

I had one of those years ago. It was a Disston and also green. The cam mounted underneath was a sight to behold. It controlled the timing and setter. Pretty cool.[/QUOTE)
Thank you Ray for clearing this up your help is much appreciated.
Regards Pat Kelly

That is absolutely a hand crank band saw blade tooth setter. Since it seems to have a modern plate that says "made in England", it's likely a Disston copy and more modern than you'd think.

Thank you for your interest & reply, also thank you to all who showed interest in this post.
Regards Pat Kelly

Back