What's new
What's new

9" Toolroom lathe with table and tooling

mr. steelhead

Plastic
9' southbend toolroom lathe with table and tooling, collet set and collet holder for spindel, 3jaw chuck,4jaw chuck,face plate, steady rest
tail stock,hs tool holders and new Dorian tool post and tool holders.DSCF0734.jpgDSCF0735.jpgfirm 3500.
360-681-4232 ask for Bill

I don't know what the machine situation is like in the North West but assuming the lathe isn't totally worn out I would expect to see it priced at $1500 with all the accessories that you have listed. Even at that price, I think it would sell but you wouldn't have people beating your door down for a smoking deal.

For $3500, I feel you can get into a much nicer machine than a SB9.

Especially a very old,beat up one. Can you even read the threading chart? There is no paint left on the compound. That lathe has been used to death.

i just sold a really really nice 10" leblond, fully tooled up, with chucks, faceplates, aloris qc tool post, with an almost new baldor motor and tons of extra stuff for $1500.
as others have said, good luck with that.

A Good Machine needs to be Cleaned Up

Hay you boys back East can say what you like. The machine has been in storage for awhile 10 years.When it was running it ran fine. I am willing to give somebody a good deal on this machine with the tooling.All the tooling is new.Thanks for all the great in put

I too live in Sequim and have a 9" SB and as your price the machine with no tooling in Sequim $2750. you can part it out and get more than $1500. you hold your price.
John 360-808-2323 come by and see my shop

Hay you boys back East can say what you like. The machine has been in storage for awhile 10 years.When it was running it ran fine. I am willing to give somebody a good deal on this machine with the tooling.All the tooling is new.Thanks for all the great in put

Yep, stored 10 years, and run the piss out of it for 40 years. where is the tailstock? 3500.00???? Well there's a sucker born every minute.

Sorry,Mebfab. I usually say nothing about other's prices. But when something pops up that is just mind bendingly outrageous as this lathe,I slip into sin and can't help myself.:) Even Milacron has gotten into this one.

I think steel head's name is not named after the fish,but after his thick skull. I'll try to say no more.

I'd be interested in that Dorian internal threading bar for the 881 holder if it's an NL50 series.

I still think $3,500 is dreaming, but all that stuff on the blanket wasn't in the original description. Oxford's comment on the priced is correct based on what was posted.

What bothers me about it is that the paint on the cross-slide and compound is different, meaning someone restored it and painted it different colors, someone restored it and didn't paint those parts, or (more likely, I think) those parts are from another machine.

Steve

Back