Milacron is offline Diamond

Default Can year old eBay listings be retrived somehow ?

Need to relist a couple of items that went unsold over a year ago now. I usually have ad copy in email files just for such situations but can't find them this time. eBay copy vanishes after 90 days but I wonder if there is special request possibilities for them exuming old copy from the dust bin if I can supply actual auction number ?

Alchymist is offline Cast Iron

I doubt it. They may keep backup tapes of past auctions, but I don't imagine they would go back too far. With the number of auctions they have in a month's time I am surprised they keep them listed for 90 days. Course when you make money like they do..........

Wyoming is offline Cast Iron

Try this link and see if it will help. You'll have to get lucky and have the "snapshot" of the entire Internet fall during the time of the auction you are looking for. Use the advanced search on the WayBack Machine

http://www.archive.org/index.php

Wyoming is offline Cast Iron

Walter A is offline Titanium

I tried this once before for a listing and I couldn't drill down to the individual item. But, the Wayback machine does have quite an inventory of information so it might be possible.

It used to be you could go to your feedback but I think that's gone now also.

The last time I needed some information on a sold Item I wound up using my PayPal account to at least get the selling info.

Wonder if ebay would help?

Walter A.

Mel in WA is offline Hot Rolled

Quote Originally Posted by Walter A View Post

Wonder if ebay would help?

Walter A.
    Using Ebay and help in the same sentence is a real oxymoron.......

Mel

Mud
    Mud is offline Diamond

Seems like Ebay clamped down on access to old listings when they started selling access to them as "Market Research". If you know someone with that access, perhaps they could get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Seems like Ebay clamped down on access to old listings when they started selling access to them as "Market Research". If you know someone with that access, perhaps they could get it for you.
    I might be willing to pay to have that feature anyway for other reasons... any ideas on how much it cost and how to get onboard ?

Mud
    Mud is offline Diamond

http://pages.ebay.com/marketplace_research/index.html

http://pages.terapeak.com/us/learn_more/

I can't find any pricing without clicking yes to their terms, so let me know what you find?
    There's a reference to a discontinued eBay Marketplace Research which is what I was looking for. I only see a reference to 90 days of completed listings on this page, a year may be more cost or beyond their reach - dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    I can't find any pricing without clicking yes to their terms, so let me know what you find?
    Terapeak only goes back 90 days and costs $198 a year to subscribe

I emailed ebay this afternoon with the question and received an answer tonight. It was basically what we already know. Since I am emailing from the address I use for buying they are looking at it from that viewpoint.

1. If over 60 days old use the feedback section to view the item.
    2. If over 90 days old use PayPal (If PayPal was involved) to view some of the information.

I replied back with another question for over 90 days and paid by Money Order or Check was there any way possible. I'm not sure what response I will get but based on this and past times I emailed with a question eBay does answer quickly.

I for one have never had a problem that was left unanswered for over a day or two. The answer may not have been what I wished for but they do answer.

Walter A.

Also found a link to http://www.goofbay.com

No help in this regard but interesting anyway.

Walter A.