What's new
What's new

Closing Precision Manufacturing Facility (all things Moore) after 35 years

wildeye

Plastic
Closing down my shop and selling my stuff.

Internet sales will continue till mid-October followed by an
auction of the remaining items in November.

Pictures and details on my web site gardner-stussi
All reasonable offers responded to.

Thanks for your interest-
David

Attachments

• DSCN0137.jpg
    DSCN0137.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 749
  • DSCN0138.jpg
    DSCN0138.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 684
  • DSCN0139.jpg
    DSCN0139.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 740
  • DSCN0140.jpg
    DSCN0140.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 658
  • DSCN0141.jpg
    DSCN0141.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 775
i'm of no help to your sale but i wanted to commend you, looks like you have a lifetime built in there and that is very inspirational to me.
just spent well over an hour getting lost in the pictures of the space and machines, impressed man..very impressed.
i would live in there and never leave, no kidding.

Closing down my shop and selling my stuff.

Internet sales will continue till mid-October followed by an
auction of the remaining items in November.

Pictures and details on my web site gardner-stussi
All reasonable offers responded to.

Thanks for your interest-
David

I don't want to spoil this one for everyone else but have you thought that through and talked with an auctioneer on this one first? Looks to me that you have a first rate shop there with high end tools. Last auction I saw (Thomas auction) those guys seemed to pull in more money on used tooling than MSC could sell new stuff for!:)

For example I watched them rake in about $75 for this Fowler Digital x Tread Digital Tire Tread Depth Gauge | eBay. Don't know what the local market will currently bring for you but out here if you allow the right auctioneer to come in you can really get tons of suckers to loose their minds and way overbid on a lot of stuff.

Maybe our market is a bit different on this coast but in my mind you may have it backwards use the auction to bring in top dollar and then sell your leftovers here. The way I see it the more quality stuff you have at auction the more bait to bring in would be buyers who may loose their minds and wallets. No one wants go out of their way to attend the leftovers auction, that is one neat shop by the way..

I wish you the best, It's nice to see a guy grab the gold ring and get out what he put in and then sail off with his family. You have done well my friend god bless you and your family. Looks like those grand kids WIN !!

Make Chips Boys !!

Ron

Ha ha... yea, but then I have to buy land to build a bigger building, or buy a bigger building. Add another $100k + and so on ....

I was very badly tempted the other day, a local machinery dealer got in some VERY nice Moore tools. Jig and Grinder. I could have had my choice of excellent but not quite near new, brought home a Jig Borer and Grinder, all the tooling I'd ever need, and still have lunch money from $10k.

Company I used to work at sent about a truck load a week to a guy who had 6 Moore Jig grinders, 3rd generation family business, all he did was dowel holes, punch holes, etc. I think there is still a demand and money to be made. Our CNC Jig grinders were tied up with form & track punches. No time for simple holes.

Back