What's new
What's new

Delta/Rockwell lathe in SC

you might want to add the swing, distance between centers and hp. What's going on with all the plaskit extension cords on the wall?

Was it just me or did anyone else get a pop up asking me to upgrade a media viewer as soon as the OPs link was clicked?

Looked fairly close to an Adobe update notice but was from someone else.

I guess since the converter is pictured it comes with it? I think I would put my extension cord and aerosol cans anywhere but behind a lathe that can fling chips that are possibly hot and large.

Pristine ?? Methinks you should look up that word in the dictionary....also "dust" while you're at it ....

I think the extension cords on the wall are just doing their on thing. Since they had nothing to do with the lathe I did not ask. I will certainly check on your questions . I have no interest in this machine other than the owner is a friend. He purchased this lathe 15 or more years ago and told me it had been used once to turn a gear pulley.

I have no idea about this, this was the first time I had used photobucket or posted photos any where except to send them via cellphone.

This lathe has according to the owner not flung many chips in the 15 or more years he has had it Yes it comes with it.

Pristine ?? Methinks you should look up that word in the dictionary....also "dust" while you're at it ....

This reply bothered me most. Since you listed yourself as being in SC, I would guess you have moved here from somewhere else? Most born in this state are not as rude, are you a former literature professor who really liked Shakespeare, or did you read one line and the Old English Word for I think, just stick with you?

you might want to add the swing, distance between centers and hp. What's going on with all the plaskit extension cords on the wall?

In an attempt to answer your question, The Delta/Rockwell 25-700 is described as, a 10in by 36 in Horizontal Engine lathe with a 3/4 HP three phase motor. This is I think the more accurate description of this machine. The serial number is 1330382. Hope this is helpful.

This reply bothered me most. Since you listed yourself as being in SC, I would guess you have moved here from somewhere else? Most born in this state are not as rude, are you a former literature professor who really liked Shakespeare, or did you read one line and the Old English Word for I think, just stick with you?

He is the owner of the PracticalMachinist forum and a machinery dealer in SC. He knows pristine when he sees it.

Moved here from NC about 21 years ago. I tend to sell a few pristine machines and frankly it annoys me when some yahoo starts to make the word meaningless. Below is a pristine lathe of mine...what you have is not even remotely in that category.

schab30.jpg

Moved here from NC about 21 years ago. I tend to sell a few pristine machines and frankly it annoys me when some yahoo starts to make the word meaningless. Below is a pristine lathe of mine...what you have is not even remotely in that category.

schab30.jpg
Sorry you are annoyed, are you going to get over it or is it going to take you down! And you still have no clue. My ad will be taken down today. I had been for warned that this site was loaded with ill-mannered people I can see that this begins at the top.

Gentlemen and Mr. Diamond in particular this has gone far enough, in fact it has gone too far. My purpose in posting this ad was to help a friend sell what I think is a machine that is in, at least excellent condition. A favorite lawyer expression is that, "no good deed goes unpunished". This I think is a prime example. I have absolutely no monetary interest in the sale or lack of for this machine.
With regards this site I knew when I joined it that I was entirely out of my league. I am at best a novice hobbyist . I wish the site well and Mr Diamonds machinery sales well.
The fact is that this is not a place for me!
The one thing in this life that I cannot purchase more of is time. I have no intention of wasting what I have left arguing about trivialities.

Last edited:

Back