What's new
What's new

Excello 602 Ram Turret Milling Machine $2300

RC Mech

Stainless
Excello Model 602. 42" x 9" table. Variable speed 100-3800 rpm.

R8 spindle taper. QMS digital read out. Bijur oiler. Everything works.

Far more stout machine than a Bridgeport; Canadian made. 6" quill travel. Quill feeds in both directions.

Head nods 45* in either direction; tilts +30* to -90*.

600V 3ph. Can be seen under power. Can load w/forklift or overhead crane.

Comes with new never used TG collet chuck and full collet set, 3" face mill arbour, drill chuck and arbour. I have the knee crank (not pictured).

$2300 for all.

PM here or call ZZ6-339-O985.

2015_0805Cabin_Sort0314.jpg
2015_0805Cabin_Sort0315.jpg
2015_0805Cabin_Sort0320.jpg
2015_0805Cabin_Sort0317.jpg
2015_0805Cabin_Sort0321.jpg

What state are you in?

I'm doing well; healthy and relatively sane. (Brantford, Ontario, Canada)

As for the retrofit kits, I have no idea. I'm sure a Google search will bring up what you're after. All it takes is 3 stepper motors (4 if you're feeling industrious), associated timing belt drives to the screws via handwheel collars, a control and a software package like Mach 3. Would require plenty of troubleshooting.

I would kill to be able to put this in my garage. And it's a helluva deal. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks Teach :cool:

As for David's question, I'd guess the weight at 2900-3000lbs. There are readily available manuals floating around the web, but none show the weight.

We had several at a mold shop I worked in when I was 16. The heads were the cat's PJ's for drilling coolant lines in Solo cup cores, as they followed the taper of the core but all intersected at 3D angles so as to be continuous.

Yes, I suppose it would be the same as a BP with tilt & nod- save for the round-rams. Perhaps he was referring to tilt axis rotating on the ram, and thereby moving the nod axis with it, rather than a BP where the inverse is done. Or the totally enclosed nature of either.

The green First mill in the 1st photo has tilt only.

What I am noting is how far forward the pivot point is for knod. The Bridgeport style is much farther back. Not saying better or worse but as you tilt the head the spindle nose will change less in the Z axis.

Hi:

I do not know much about your voltages. Is the motor capable of running at different voltages like many U.S. motor? Since they went out of business in 1986 is there a source of parts for this machine that you know of?
Thank you!

George

I replied to George in a PM a few days ago- here's the summary:

- 600V motors are not usually capable of running on 440V. I've never seen a "600/440" designation on a motor nameplate. The motor is a face-mount (w/4 bolts), could be replaced with a 240V single phase motor for the homeshop gentlemen.
- Cincinnati-Milacron owns the Excello brand. They might have parts- the last few heads in these machines I've rebuilt used my own parts copied from the originals, so I've never actually tried to get them.
- Manuals/Partslists are available online

Back