What's new
What's new

FS - Gorton 2-30 on eBay

Walter A

Titanium
Gorton Mill 2 30 | eBay

I ran across this on eBay this morning. Although I have no connection to the buyer I do have an almost identical machine. This is a Variable speed model and presumably the low speed type (for machining steel).

It appears to have the 40 taper spindle. It does have the quill feed and maybe the power table elevation.

If someone is looking for a knee mill with a decent sized table and some good power these Gorton mills are a good purchase. Like this one they can be had pretty cheap.

Finding a 2-30 with a 40 taper and without the tracer option is pretty rare.

They are not nearly as versatile as a Bridgeport Style knee mill but with the all direction feeds and higher HP I find ours in use quite often.

The usual downside in buying a machine 30-45 years old is the electrics they may of may not last.

Walter

People talk about not being able to find machinery at a good price should look at this. A Gorton is a lot more mill than a Bridgport. $500.00 that's almoust free.

Gorton always made good quality mills, never cheaply though, I had a 1-22 Mastermill for a while that was great. Makes you wonder how many people really want a machine? I bought two lathes at different times off ebay in Florida and got a great deal on both, still have one of them.
May be they're holding out for that rare barn find, an un-used Deckel FP2 with the cabinet full of tooling for 100 dollars?
Dan

Back