What's new
What's new

FS Logan 14x40 Lathe in Southern CA

Rick427

Plastic
Logan 14x40 lathe from machinist's estate. Model 6560-H with hardened ways, taper attachment, and threading dial. Quick change with pedestal cabinet base, 220 single phase. Tooling includes three-jaw chuck with two sets of jaws for inner and outer diameter work, four-jaw chuck, faceplate, lantern tool post, live center and various dead centers, instruction manual, parts manual, and miscellaneous bits and boring bars. Lathe is dirty and rusty from being stored for many years, but looks complete and in good shape mechanically. When tested it powered up and as far we know, was an operational lathe when taken out of service. See this thread for background information:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/antique-machinery-history/old-machine-shop-saga-283191/

$2,500 OBO. Located in Arcadia, CA and available for inspection by appointment only.

- Richard

Logan01E.jpgLogan02E.jpgLogan03E.jpgLogan04E.jpgLogan05E.jpg

I realize this is a long long shot - but I'd be interested in parts from this Lathe if it is still around. Specifically I'm in search of a 14" Logan tailstock, saddle, cross-slide and compound. Taper attachment would be a nice bonus!

Thanks!

I realize this is a long long shot - but I'd be interested in parts from this Lathe if it is still around. Specifically I'm in search of a 14" Logan tailstock, saddle, cross-slide and compound. Taper attachment would be a nice bonus!

Thanks!

Sorry, lathe was sold long ago.

Richard

Back