What's new
What's new

FS - Tatung Okuma automatic surface grinder

ewlsey

Diamond
I have a Tatung TSG-52 8"x20" automatic surface grinder for sale. This is a really nice machine. We just don't use it. I've had it 3 years and maybe used it 6 times.

Tatung is a Taiwan company that is owned by Okuma. They make the Genos series lathes. This machine is very similar to Okamoto grinders I have seen. The controls are laid out almost exactly the same.

8x20 travel. All hydraulic auto feed. This grinder has side to side travel like an auto grinder, but also has automatic cross feed in incremental and continuous with automatic reversing. It also has automatic down feed.

So, this grinder can do automatic longitudinal grinding. It can do automatic plunge grinding. You can set the depth limit and the grinder will cycle to the limit. It has up to 6 automatic sparkout passes.

I believe this grinder can do any kind of automatic grinder operation. It's not quite as good as a CNC grinder since you can't store the program. But, it's the next best thing. Works fine for general tool room grinding, which is what we do with it.

Takes 8x1 wheels. Uses the most common hubs. Has digital readout in both axes. Flood coolant and vacuum unit. Over wheel dresser. Knatsu electric chuck in perfect condition (no gouges).

We put all new Vaculine oil in it when we put it in service. It only has a few hours on it. I have about 7 gallons of extra oil that come with it. Oil was $500.

Asking $4500. Delivery possible. I will crate and ship for a reasonable price. Video available, or come see it under power in Peoria, IL. Weighs just under 4000 lbs. Contact through PM.

The only thing I know is missing is the fan shroud on the hydraulic pump. I can make one up if it's a big deal.

IMG_0426.jpgIMG_0427.jpgIMG_0428.jpgIMG_0429.jpgIMG_0432.jpg

Back