What's new
What's new

In search of flat bed cnc lathe.

alonzo83

Stainless
Hey fellas, I posted this once before, I think we have lowered our standards a bit since I was last asked to find a lathe.

We need a flatbed cnc lathe with a 3" through hole and at least 48" worth of bed.

I would prefer it be less than 20 years old,

If you have anything for sale in these lines please send me any information you have.

Thank You,

Alonzo

The only brand I know of with a spindle hole of that size would be a Colchester... They had a 17-20in swing machine with a 60in bed and a large spindle hole. Most brands in that size will have a smaller hole. The Haas toolroom lathe TL2 is listed as 3in but I am told it is actually closer to 75mm or 2.95in.

Charles

I stumbled upon a royal with a big hole,

Only problem in all of my searching I could not find any information about the lathe or its quality. :willy_nilly:

It was mentioned we could go to a 2.5 hole, but it would take a common job we do back to a manual machine. Not above my standards but would like to keep a big hole.

Try looking for Milltronics. I had a Milltronics ML20, it had a 3" bore and D1-8 spindle, had 60" c-c. Was a decent machine. Toolmex has some like that too.

From what I have found milltronics is a five year machine. They make machines to stand to five years of assult and are designed to be a tax right off.

If you dis agree please let me know, I took them out of the running a while ago.

I have a 1997 Chevalier 2460 flatbed lathe. Anilam 1200T control. 24x60. 3+inch spindle hole. 45 - 1800 rpm(3 speed). Chip/coolant pans. Improved coolant system. 16 inch manual 3 jaw. 22 inch faceplate. 2 steady rests. Tailstock. Some custom shielding. Aloris style tool post, 10 or more toolblocks.

[email protected]

Back