What's new
What's new

Thinking of selling my 1991 Haas VF-1

STJ7780

Cast Iron
Well its time to sell my 1991 Haas VF-1. I have almost completely been through the machine and used it quite a bit making production brackets. Well my main customer just found a source overseas so I do not use the mill much any more because it is a side business for me. I know what I have in it but I was wondering what you all think it is worth? It has a new Mitsubishi spindle drive, new X cable, all new cover wipers and much more. Here is the thread from my rebuild. http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/haas/1991-vf1-tear-down-clean-repair-237431/

Here is the thread from the new spindle drive install. http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/haas/vf-1-almost-caught-fire-247173/

Thanks

Steve

I see that the 1993 with a 4th axis included only sold for 6000.00

Nice deal, even if it is a Haas.

I have a similar machine travel, I need one with more X and Y

I see an opening bid of $6,000, a price of $12,000, and no bids, so it was a no sale at $12,000.

Mick, you read it wrong. OPENING BID was $6000 and he got NO BIDS.
Rob
(In ebay anyway opening/starting bid is the price listed by seller to start bidding, NOT what someone offers)

I know people like to bash the Haas machines because the japanese machines are bigger, better, stronger, faster, etc. I just bought a used brother- just set it in the shop this weekend. It sure seems to me both based on my own preliminary experience and what I have seen that Haas does an awesome job of supporting older machines- better than the Japanese mfr's. And, because to that, buying an older Haas is lower risk than buying an older japanese machine.

Pete,

I was not bashing the Haas, I was poking fun of the people who say "its just a Haas" . Yet, I see very many profitable shops buying them.

Congrats on the Brother, Pete!

I am glad I was not losing my mind, Mr. Weeks made me question myself .... On my phone, I got the message and could not respond. Anyway, If I needed a machine of that size.... I would be kicking myself for not buying it.

Who ever got it

and MMtz... Thanks for bailing me out....

CONGRATS!

MM

Hey Mick I did not notice that you had posted on this tread! I was actually planning on buying a Haas but found what seemed like a steal of a deal on this Brother first. I was talking with our Haas rep and he made the statement that there are 16,000 Haas spindles in his territory. That is OH, KY, and WV I think- amazing!

Back