What's new
What's new

Wanted free standing milling machine

68fl

Plastic
Wanted Bridgeport type milling machine

I`m new here.Sorry this is my first post.I looked for an intro section but didn`t find one.I`m looking for my first milling machine.Free standing bridgeport knee type.DRO would be nice.It will be used for hobby type work.I`m in southern Ontario Canada.I know this is the start of a addiction,lol.Thanks for any help or direction you guys can help me with.:D...Ron

Last edited:
Welcome Ron,

Many people could be reading this title to mean that you "want the machine for free" which, we would all gladly take...;) But it could limit your response.
Maybe try the title of wanted: Bridgeport or similar vertical mill
JMHO

Yes, you will be starting an addiction.... Look at all the posts about "old iron disease" and it doesn't even have to be old....
All of us seem like we are suffering from iron deficiency.... Must have more iron:willy_nilly:

Many people could be reading this title to mean that you "want the machine for free" which, we would all gladly take...;)

I didn't read it that way but I've never heard the term "free standing" applied to a milling machine so it does sound odd. In the late 1800's there existed woodworking bandsaws where the back of the "C" column had flat spots with holes for bolting the whole deal to a building post, thus no base was needed and they were not "free standing"..... but I can't think of any mills made that way.

Punctuation, guys. It makes all the difference in the world:

Wanted: free-standing milling machine. (benchtop machine not desired)

To clear a few issues up...Bridgeport,Free standing as in non bench top types.Standard floor model type.I am not asking for a free mill.Although if one was offered....I have looked on kijjiji,(Canada version of craigs list).Just thought i`d post here,...never know.There are some funny guys here i see,lol.Great to see.

If you keep looking you might find one come up for sale. I see stuff for sale on here often. However, if it is a good deal it will likely go fast. You also need to determine how far you are willing to drive, or how you will have it shipped, freight can add BIG $$$.

kijjiji,(Canada version of craigs list).

You made that word up.

That's difficult enough to type sober. Intoxicated... never going to be able to find that website. And from my experience a large portion of Buying and selling on Craigslist happens under the influence of Alcohol. So that's probably why you can't find any mills.

Punctuation saves lives:
"Lets eat Grandma"
"Lets eat, Grandma"

Steve
I'm just home a few days from back surgery, now I think I loosened the staples. I've been chuckling about this out of the blue, since I read it. ( the wife thinks me laughing for no apparent reason is from the Vicodin ).

Back