What's new
What's new

Looking for a Makino CNC mill equivalent to Haas TM1p or better

stev

Cast Iron
Hello Makino fans!

I am looking for equivalently priced and featured alternatives to the Haas TM1p.
I like the Haas, except I would prefer better rigidity, a higher speed spindle and 20 piece tool changer.

I can spend about 25k on a used machine, however I am looking for a well supported low hour professional machine, not a bailing wire DIY kit.

Price as usual, is the final deciding factor, but I need to achieve a minimum feature set for this price as well.

I will be producing low volume prototypes and small batches. Working in plastic, aluminum, stainless, steel and a minimum work envelope of 12x12x12.

Here are my minimum specs/features so far:

Work Envelope: 12x12x12 or larger
HP: 7.5 hp to 15 hp
Rapids: +400 ipm
Spindle: +6000 rpm
ATC: 20 pc
Chip removal: Yes
Taper: Standard industrial taper, not R8
Electronic Probing: Yes
Upgradeable to 4th and 5th axis: Yes

So how about it, is there such a machine out there?
Thank you for your time!
Steve

Hello Makino fans!

I am looking for equivalently priced and featured alternatives to the Haas TM1p.
I like the Haas, except I would prefer better rigidity, a higher speed spindle and 20 piece tool changer.

I can spend about 25k on a used machine, however I am looking for a well supported low hour professional machine, not a bailing wire DIY kit.

Price as usual, is the final deciding factor, but I need to achieve a minimum feature set for this price as well.

I will be producing low volume prototypes and small batches. Working in plastic, aluminum, stainless, steel and a minimum work envelope of 12x12x12.

Thank you for your time!
Steve
Our shop has a A77 that they are thinking about selling

Hello Makino fans!

Thank you for your time!
Steve

Our shop has a A77 that they are thinking about selling

Get in touch with standardtool & die
Stevensville michigan ask for Peter Barsche tell him Larry Dillenbeck said he had a makino for sale

Back