What's new
What's new

Makino Data Server Help!

static99899

Plastic
I have a 1997 Makino V55 with the data server. It has the manual and I have followed it. I can't get the PC and DS to communicate. I'm running windows 7. Currently, I've got one of the Calmotion DS on a Fadal in our shop and I can access it using the "new network location" and set up the "FTP" there and now I just drag and drop files. I was hoping to do the same with this Fanuc DS. Does anyone have experience with this? I called Makino and they helped some but I don't have the $2500.00 to give them for the yearly tech support subscription that is needed to keep calling. They've had pity on us so far but it can't last. Any help would be appreciated.

What version of fanuc is it? You don't need a specific program to communicate with the internal dataserver of the fanuc controller. Just set up the ftp-server on fanuc controller with a specific ip. Transfer your programs from pc with ftp-software to your fanuc dataserver.
Then "Get" you file from the datacenter to the controller. This is done on the machinecontrol.

What version of fanuc is it? You don't need a specific program to communicate with the internal dataserver of the fanuc controller. Just set up the ftp-server on fanuc controller with a specific ip. Transfer your programs from pc with ftp-software to your fanuc dataserver.
Then "Get" you file from the datacenter to the controller. This is done on the machinecontrol.

I meant to post an update but I finally got it figured out. Thanks for the reply though

Back