Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 361 to 374 of 374
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: The Baffling Reaction to OWS

  1. #361
    <jbc>'s Avatar
    <jbc> is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oberaargau Switzerland
    Posts
    2,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Below what?
    Below the social class and privilege you enjoy. Most in the lower castes would prefer your position, and statistics dictates that many would be better suited to it.

  2. #362
    PeteM is online now Diamond
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    5,041

    Default

    Which brings us full circle to the George Carlin video someone linked a day or two ago. The real purpose of the poor, according to Carlin:

    George Carlin - Divide and Conquer - YouTube

  3. #363
    Miguels244 is online now Diamond
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    4,482

  4. #364
    PeteM is online now Diamond
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    5,041

    Default

    Interesting site, Miguel. This caught my eye:

    Keystone

    According to the story Boehner was the political leader most in favor of the Keystone XL pipeline, bring all sorts of pressure to bear to see it approved. Meanwhile, Boehner got large poltical donations from interested parties AND personally invested in companies that would benefit from the pipeline.

    Obama's address last night said we needed a law to prevent insider trader by members of Congress. Ya think? It's actually now legal and high profile leaders on both sides have done this.
    aerodark, smalltime and lazlo like this.

  5. #365
    smalltime's Avatar
    smalltime is offline Stainless
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Interesting site, Miguel. This caught my eye:

    Keystone

    According to the story Boehner was the political leader most in favor of the Keystone XL pipeline, bring all sorts of pressure to bear to see it approved. Meanwhile, Boehner got large poltical donations from interested parties AND personally invested in companies that would benefit from the pipeline.

    Obama's address last night said we needed a law to prevent insider trader by members of Congress. Ya think? It's actually now legal and high profile leaders on both sides have done this.
    Not that I'm gonna be switching teams anytime soon, but this is the FIRST reason I wrote my conressman to NOT vote for Boner as speaker, IF we get the knod for 2012 in the house.( which is now in play, thanks to Mr. speaker)

    He's good at one thing, painting himself into corners. He needs to go.

    Although, it would be interesting to see the trades Mr. Obama, his wife and hid staff made in the last six years.

    We'll find those papers right next to the transscripts for his college tenure.

  6. #366
    <jbc>'s Avatar
    <jbc> is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oberaargau Switzerland
    Posts
    2,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Obama's address last night said we needed a law to prevent insider trader by members of Congress. Ya think? It's actually now legal and high profile leaders on both sides have done this.
    Perfectly Legal. Martha Stewart did a show about it. Any other kind of trading is for suckers.

  7. #367
    Miguels244 is online now Diamond
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    4,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltime View Post
    Not that I'm gonna be switching teams anytime soon, but this is the FIRST reason I wrote my conressman to NOT vote for Boner as speaker, IF we get the knod for 2012 in the house.( which is now in play, thanks to Mr. speaker)

    He's good at one thing, painting himself into corners. He needs to go.

    Although, it would be interesting to see the trades Mr. Obama, his wife and hid staff made in the last six years.

    We'll find those papers right next to the transscripts for his college tenure.
    Same place Romney's Dad keeps his naturalization papers.

  8. #368
    John Welden's Avatar
    John Welden is online now Diamond
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    5,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltime View Post
    Not that I'm gonna be switching teams anytime soon, but this is the FIRST reason I wrote my conressman to NOT vote for Boner as speaker, IF we get the knod for 2012 in the house.( which is now in play, thanks to Mr. speaker)

    He's good at one thing, painting himself into corners. He needs to go.

    Although, it would be interesting to see the trades Mr. Obama, his wife and hid staff made in the last six years.

    We'll find those papers right next to the transscripts for his college tenure.
    Bonner is a bonner, but it's not all his fault the house has been a cluster. All the Tea Party, racist as fuck, dumb shits have been screwing up the works. They ain't going to let no black man get away with anything, period. And don't try and tell me it isn't about race. They quivering they want to call him a nigger so bad.

  9. #369
    Gewehr 98's Avatar
    Gewehr 98 is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cinci.O
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Funny, the only person I see or hear calling him a 'nigger' is you....

    Are you trying to get this thread closed as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    Bonner is a bonner, but it's not all his fault the house has been a cluster. All the Tea Party, racist as fuck, dumb shits have been screwing up the works. They ain't going to let no black man get away with anything, period. And don't try and tell me it isn't about race. They quivering they want to call him a nigger so bad.

  10. #370
    stephen thomas is offline Diamond
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    downhill from Twain\'s study outside Elmira, NY
    Posts
    7,793

    Default

    Funny, the only person I see or hear calling him a 'nigger' is you....

    Are you trying to get this thread closed as well?
    Here ya go, guys. Get it outta your system, sure to enrage, something for everyone.

    Patti Smith - "Rock &#39;N&#39; Roll Nigger" - YouTube

    smt

  11. #371
    John Welden's Avatar
    John Welden is online now Diamond
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    5,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    Funny, the only person I see or hear calling him a 'nigger' is you....

    Are you trying to get this thread closed as well?
    I can use that word when I'm describing what Republicans want to call Obama. I'm surprised one of them hasn't slipped up yet and let it out.

  12. #372
    Gewehr 98's Avatar
    Gewehr 98 is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cinci.O
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Do you have a citation for "what Republicans want to call Obama", or are you just making stuff up? And one can use any language when one is trying to play the race card and do some race-baiting?

    I know many people who oppose Obama for his policies, but I don't know a single one who opposes him because he is half black.

    As I said, you are the only person who has brought up race in this thread...



    Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    I can use that word when I'm describing what Republicans want to call Obama. I'm surprised one of them hasn't slipped up yet and let it out.

  13. #373
    metron9 is offline Aluminum
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Minnesota U.S.A.
    Posts
    137

    Default

    I am going to support the occupy movement in the area of separation of sports and state.

    I posted a clip that shows how sick and brash and cocky these big shots are. Screw the people too many hoops to jump through he said in another clip, I am paraphrasing. Anyway, I have no problem with football and people watching and having fun but when it comes to secret meetings to get around the taxpayers right to confront their legislators spending their money, I get a bit upset.


    mobboss.avi - YouTube

  14. #374
    smalltime's Avatar
    smalltime is offline Stainless
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    Bonner is a bonner, but it's not all his fault the house has been a cluster. All the Tea Party, racist as fuck, dumb shits have been screwing up the works. They ain't going to let no black man get away with anything, period. And don't try and tell me it isn't about race. They quivering they want to call him a nigger so bad.
    Congratulations!

    You've officially crossed the line. I didn't think you had it in you, but I was wrong.


    If there's a retraction tonight, I may come back. If not.....I'm done here.
    Gewehr 98 likes this.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •