Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: The Baffling Reaction to OWS

<jbc> is offline Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Below what?
    Below the social class and privilege you enjoy. Most in the lower castes would prefer your position, and statistics dictates that many would be better suited to it.

PeteM is online now Diamond

Which brings us full circle to the George Carlin video someone linked a day or two ago. The real purpose of the poor, according to Carlin:

George Carlin - Divide and Conquer - YouTube

Miguels244 is online now Diamond

PeteM is online now Diamond

Interesting site, Miguel. This caught my eye:

Keystone

According to the story Boehner was the political leader most in favor of the Keystone XL pipeline, bring all sorts of pressure to bear to see it approved. Meanwhile, Boehner got large poltical donations from interested parties AND personally invested in companies that would benefit from the pipeline.

Obama's address last night said we needed a law to prevent insider trader by members of Congress. Ya think? It's actually now legal and high profile leaders on both sides have done this.
    aerodark, smalltime and lazlo like this.

smalltime is offline Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Interesting site, Miguel. This caught my eye:

Keystone

According to the story Boehner was the political leader most in favor of the Keystone XL pipeline, bring all sorts of pressure to bear to see it approved. Meanwhile, Boehner got large poltical donations from interested parties AND personally invested in companies that would benefit from the pipeline.

Obama's address last night said we needed a law to prevent insider trader by members of Congress. Ya think? It's actually now legal and high profile leaders on both sides have done this.
    Not that I'm gonna be switching teams anytime soon, but this is the FIRST reason I wrote my conressman to NOT vote for Boner as speaker, IF we get the knod for 2012 in the house.( which is now in play, thanks to Mr. speaker)

He's good at one thing, painting himself into corners. He needs to go.

Although, it would be interesting to see the trades Mr. Obama, his wife and hid staff made in the last six years.

We'll find those papers right next to the transscripts for his college tenure.

<jbc> is offline Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Perfectly Legal. Martha Stewart did a show about it. Any other kind of trading is for suckers.

Miguels244 is online now Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by smalltime View Post
    Not that I'm gonna be switching teams anytime soon, but this is the FIRST reason I wrote my conressman to NOT vote for Boner as speaker, IF we get the knod for 2012 in the house.( which is now in play, thanks to Mr. speaker)

Although, it would be interesting to see the trades Mr. Obama, his wife and hid staff made in the last six years.

Same place Romney's Dad keeps his naturalization papers.

John Welden is online now Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by smalltime View Post

Bonner is a bonner, but it's not all his fault the house has been a cluster. All the Tea Party, racist as fuck, dumb shits have been screwing up the works. They ain't going to let no black man get away with anything, period. And don't try and tell me it isn't about race. They quivering they want to call him a nigger so bad.

Gewehr 98 is offline Aluminum

Funny, the only person I see or hear calling him a 'nigger' is you....

Are you trying to get this thread closed as well?

Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    Bonner is a bonner, but it's not all his fault the house has been a cluster. All the Tea Party, racist as fuck, dumb shits have been screwing up the works. They ain't going to let no black man get away with anything, period. And don't try and tell me it isn't about race. They quivering they want to call him a nigger so bad.

stephen thomas is offline Diamond
    downhill from Twain\'s study outside Elmira, NY

Here ya go, guys. Get it outta your system, sure to enrage, something for everyone.

Patti Smith - "Rock &#39;N&#39; Roll Nigger" - YouTube

smt

John Welden is online now Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post

I can use that word when I'm describing what Republicans want to call Obama. I'm surprised one of them hasn't slipped up yet and let it out.

Gewehr 98 is offline Aluminum

Do you have a citation for "what Republicans want to call Obama", or are you just making stuff up? And one can use any language when one is trying to play the race card and do some race-baiting?

I know many people who oppose Obama for his policies, but I don't know a single one who opposes him because he is half black.

As I said, you are the only person who has brought up race in this thread...

I can use that word when I'm describing what Republicans want to call Obama. I'm surprised one of them hasn't slipped up yet and let it out.

metron9 is offline Aluminum

I am going to support the occupy movement in the area of separation of sports and state.

I posted a clip that shows how sick and brash and cocky these big shots are. Screw the people too many hoops to jump through he said in another clip, I am paraphrasing. Anyway, I have no problem with football and people watching and having fun but when it comes to secret meetings to get around the taxpayers right to confront their legislators spending their money, I get a bit upset.

mobboss.avi - YouTube

smalltime is offline Stainless

Congratulations!

You've officially crossed the line. I didn't think you had it in you, but I was wrong.

If there's a retraction tonight, I may come back. If not.....I'm done here.
    Gewehr 98 likes this.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819