Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 362
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Good planning or martial law? Obama ratchets up his power

  1. #41
    Miguels244 is offline Diamond
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    4,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dp View Post
    But did you read the bill? Did you dig into the changes it applies to previous bills and those bills or documents that are made a part of this bill. Did you do any thinking for your self or do you just like to read blogs?

    Did you not notice I also said this was all over the nutter blogs, left and right? That doesn't matter to me but seems to be important to you. I don't read those sites but I did read and study the bill. I am aware that there is support and opposition for the bill but most are the same uneducated response you have provided. Pay attention to this: It is unimportant to the bill how many nutter blogs write about it - they change nothing. The bill's own content is what matters. Free yourself to think.

    It doesn't matter how this bill compares to the Bush or Clinton versions because there are parts of this bill that don't exist in either of them. It is the parts unique to this bill that are of interest and I've mentioned several points.

    It is quite enough of a response to say you are not concerned the bill gives any sitting president authority to rebuild the infrastructure of a foreign nation for any reason the president thinks up - you don't have to pull out your inner juvenile and go straight to ad hominem jabs at me. I'm not the news - I'm just an interested tax payer looking for some reasons why we should be doing things like this and why we should accept it does not open the door for peace time martial law. It states clearly in the bill that is exactly what it allows. It does not specify a trigger - that is the most interesting part.

    I particularly don't understand why you think it makes me look bad for having read and studied this in some depth while all you have is Google searches and blogs to fall back on. You look like an idiot.
    hmmm....
    Did YOU read the Executive Order (not a bill)
    You seem to suggest you did...please regale us with a compare and contrast between this and all other EO's over the proceeding 50 years of this EO and it's antecedants' histories.
    Perhaps you might point to your original published and reviewed or at least blogged research and analysis...

    Or STFU.

  2. #42
    gmatov is offline Diamond
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    5,666

    Default

    DP,

    ELEVEN times you called it a "Bill", even though you have been CONSTANTLY told it is an Executive Order, perennially renewed since Truman. YOU insist it IS a BILL, and you SHOULD know that it could NEVER be brought into Law with the Reps in the House, and so many in the Senate. Hey, you DO know that the Senate has kept Obama from making ANY law for near 4 years, do you NOT?

    He has had ONE major victory in the last 3 years, with 2 Reps from Maine crossing the aisle, the Health Care Overhaul, and THAT is in the Supreme Court!

    Ain't NO fucking way Obama could MAKE that a BILL. Don't be a total asshole.

    I don't know who you hate more, Dems or Blacks, and Black Dems must TRULY blow your mind!

    That is MY President, just as Bush and Reagan were MY Presidents. I did not agree with much of their policies, they always cost me money, but they were MY Presidents. YOU hate MY President, and for that, I think you are a Tea Bagger Jack Off.

    You people are unbelievable! Once we have elected a President, whether he was our choice or not, we have always backed him up. "My President, right or wrong." Only since the push for Bush, has the US Political Process been so goddamned bad, and I can't help thinking that it is because we have a half Black Pres.

    Bigots HATE that! But then, I don't like Bigots.

    I am an unabashed Dem, but I have voted for nearly 50 years. I did not always pick the winner, but, WHOEVER the Winner WAS, He was MY President.

    Obama is Not YOUR President, according to you and FOX network. Clinton was not, either, Rush Limbaugh made sure that you people would never call them "My President".

    Robots! Religious people. "Rush said it, I believe it, that settles it!" You sound like real Holy Rollers, OR true blue Catholics.

    George
    Sea Farmer and John Welden like this.

  3. #43
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmatov View Post
    DP,

    ELEVEN times you called it a "Bill", even though you have been CONSTANTLY told it is an Executive Order
    I called it a bill because it had not yet been registered. I don't actually have a name for an unregistered executive order. I called it a bill to indicate it was not yet law. Perhaps it is called an executive order, registered or not.

    Edit: Problem solved. Here is the process:
    For over 100 years, the President has asked the Attorney General or another senior official in the Department of Justice to review draft executive orders and proclamations with regard to their form and legality. Since 1962, the proper form and routing of executive orders and proclamations has been governed by Executive Order 11030, which makes the Director of the Office of Management and Budget responsible for shepherding such directives through the process.

    George - it is a draft of directives. I am so freaking sorry I called a draft of directives a bill and confused you. Find it in your heart to forgive me this so that I may be at peace with my creator.

    Not that I was off by much: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legislative_bill
    Last edited by dp; 03-28-2012 at 10:38 PM.

  4. #44
    Sea Farmer is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dp View Post
    I called it a bill because it had not yet been registered. I don't actually have a name for an unregistered executive order. I called it a bill to indicate it was not yet law. Perhaps it is called an executive order, registered or not.
    What is your definition of "registered?"

    A "bill" is a document that has been introduced into a legislative body (Congress, consisting of the House of Representatives and the Senate), by a member of that body, with the hope that it will be voted into a law by members of both those bodies.

    A "bill" is sort of like a sperm cell swimming upstream, in search of an egg. If it finds the egg (meaning majority votes in both houses of Congress), the bill may become a law -- or the sponsor's kid.

    The "sponsor" is the Congressperson who issues the "bill."

    An Executive Order that has not yet been published in the Federal register is not "unregistered," it is unpublished. The only reason for a delay in publishing is that the various arms of government spew out orders and publications faster than the federal register can enumerate and publish them--but only by a few days.

    This EO has probably already been published and numbered, but I don't care enough about it to do other people's homework and look it up, cuz I don't think it's a very important topic.

    IMHO you called it a "bill" because you don't understand how government works, maybe you were not paying attention in Civics class.

    I'm more upset that Earl Scruggs died today than that another piece of red tape rolled out of Washington.
    gmatov likes this.

  5. #45
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Farmer View Post
    What is your definition of "registered?"
    More ad homs from the middle school members of the board.

    The president's EO was not yet registered at the time the story was making the rounds. The fact that it had no number was raised by several nutter blogs as yet another bit of evil. I called it a bill because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look it up. I still don't and I really don't care as the entire "bill" is just another juvenile distraction.

    There is clearly no interest in discussing this on its merits pro or con so screw it, I'll continue the conversation elsewhere.

  6. #46
    gmatov is offline Diamond
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    5,666

    Default

    Sea Farmer,
    Edited because of a "senior moment
    WAY OT, but you struck a nerve. My grandsons, 6 and 8, LOVE Johnny Cash. I did SOMETHING right with my youngest daughter. SHE even likes Country, and she didn't when she was growing up.

    "IMHO you called it a "bill" because you don't understand how government works, maybe you were not paying attention in Civics class."

    That was my reason for a like. It is unfortunate for so MANY people to NOT know HOW a Bill is propagated. Grade School has a cartoonish explanation to teach 3r'd graders HOW Bills are made. "I Am a Bill", I think, is the title of it.

    We DO have an ignorant Electorate, and I am sorry that it is so. We do not get the best Government we can have when it is a "Popularity Contest", and he who can spend the most of "other people's money" to GET that Office most likely gets to at least VIE for that Office. Romney looks to be the anointed, this fall, barring something fatal to his campaign.

    I was amused, a while ago, watching MSNBC, when Romney, campaigning in Wisconsin, told a story about His Dad campaigning for re-election in Michigan, and the band knew only the Wisconsin fight song. As President of AMC, he had moved all production OF AMC OUT of Michigan TO Wisconsin. He HATED that they played THAT song when he was running for re-election IN Michigan. Rub your nose in it. BEST is that nobody asked Romney to tell that story. That was off the top of his head, one of the funniest things he could come up with.

    We want HIM for Pres, the guy who buys, rips apart, and sells, for great profit, Companies that have hundreds, if not thousands of Employees, rape the Pension Plan.

    Some of the people on this site are goddamned WEIRD. YOU think that YOU will come out ahead? You're PEONS. The entire "Class Warfare" thing is a Rep thing. FOUR percentage points difference in the BUSH LAW, of 2001 and 2003. I am at "War" with YOU? You probably make less than I do, retired.

    I see frustration, you got laid off, you had a few machines, you do what you have to, and can do, and that is try to make a LITTLE bit of money machining. What else CAN you do? Do you feel RICH, sine you are NOW a "Bidnessman"? Lots of people have disappeared in the past few years. Gone bust, and ashamed to post?

    This Site is probably 90% what COULD be Home Shop Machinists who make a little money on the side, GOOD Machinists, but out of a full time job, one that more or less pays the bills. NONE of them truly do.

    This Site is ALSO supposed to be for PROFESSIONAL Machinists. I beg your pardon. Any job I took, I was a Professional. That was how I made my living. That WAS my Profession. You do not need a white coat, as per Doctor or "Injuneer", to be a "professional person". You make your living putting roofs on, or running CNC's, it is all one. You are no better than the guy who comes around once a week to haul your garbage off. You could PROBABLY live better WITH the garbageman coming on schedule, than UPS making THEIR on time.

    Ah, well.

    George

    Edit: Mixed him up with Homer and Jethro, whose songs I quoted from. Best banjo picker in the World. I was surprised to hear that he did not play, or else it was not mentioned, in "Deliverance", the "Dueling Banjos" scene.

    I LIKE banjo, but I love fiddle and violin.

    Sorry, Senior moment, and I have not, YET, read past this post to see how bad I got my ass scalded. Hope nobody copied it to rub my nose in a stupid reply. Mea culpa.

    George
    Last edited by gmatov; 03-29-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: "Senior moment. I thought Homer and Jethro, instead of Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs. Best banjo picker in the World.

  7. #47
    Sea Farmer is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,548

    Default

    "There is clearly no interest in discussing this on its merits pro or con so screw it, I'll continue the conversation elsewhere."

    Hey, ya got 47 responses. If I was trolling for fish I'd be happy with that bait.

    Sorry if you didn't like the responses, but maybe that's because the subject had no merits. And maybe that's why it got no media coverage either. Reporters tend to know their subjects. They also know the difference between a bill, a law, and an Executive Order. They probably don't know what you meant by "registered" though.

    I don't want to think about what "ad homs from the middle school members of the board" means, so I won't )

  8. #48
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Farmer View Post
    "There is clearly no interest in discussing this on its merits pro or con so screw it, I'll continue the conversation elsewhere."

    Hey, ya got 47 responses. If I was trolling for fish I'd be happy with that bait.

    Sorry if you didn't like the responses, but maybe that's because the subject had no merits. And maybe that's why it got no media coverage either. Reporters tend to know their subjects. They also know the difference between a bill, a law, and an Executive Order. They probably don't know what you meant by "registered" though.

    I don't want to think about what "ad homs from the middle school members of the board" means, so I won't )
    Those were responses? I know very well the differences between a bill and law and all stages between but could not find the equivalent term for an EO that had not yet been registered. The entire process is extra-constitutional but is apparently an evil they understand inside the beltway and so live with it. For a very long time they were not even called executive orders.

    What is so sad is that such a stinking fuss has been made of my inaccurate but well intended attempt to differentiate between a fully processed EO and one that is not. I am at least aware they have different legal meanings (there is a difference, slim, between a presidential order and a president talking in his sleep) which generally is a good indication they have proper labels as they pass through processing. I certainly don't want to do your homework so if you are curious and based on your closing statement there is no indication you are, look it up.

  9. #49
    gmatov is offline Diamond
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    5,666

    Default

    DP,

    "The fact that it had no number was raised by several nutter blogs as yet another bit of evil. I called it a bill because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look it up. I still don't and I really don't care as the entire "bill" is just another juvenile distraction.

    There is clearly no interest in discussing this on its merits pro or con so screw it, I'll continue the conversation elsewhere."

    Please feel free to go to one of the nutter blogs and continue your discussion.

    You called it a "BILL" ELEVEN TIMES in ONE post. That makes ME think you are trying to tie Obama to your Title. Usurpation of Power. The very FIRST thing you say is Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

    " I called it a bill because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look it up." You were too much in a HURRY to read that it said "Executive Order". You just jump to anti-Obama.

    YOU called it a BILL, ELEVEN times in ONE paragraph, and you tell us that you didn't " have time to look it up. I still don't and I really don't care as the entire "bill" is just another juvenile distraction."

    Jesus Christ, JUVENILES Hear what the HELL a BILL is, in 3r'd grade. YOU have gotten into your 20s and DON'T know how in the HELL our Congress WORKS>

    I fear for our country with such as you in our future. I hope I can teach my grands to be better Citizens than YOU are. They are pretty sharp. You seem to be the dullest pencil in the box. Idjit! Tea Party! Whatever other pejorative you like. Does asshole fit you?

    NO cheers, to you,

    George

  10. #50
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmatov View Post
    DP,

    "The fact that it had no number was raised by several nutter blogs as yet another bit of evil. I called it a bill because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look it up. I still don't and I really don't care as the entire "bill" is just another juvenile distraction.

    There is clearly no interest in discussing this on its merits pro or con so screw it, I'll continue the conversation elsewhere."

    Please feel free to go to one of the nutter blogs and continue your discussion.
    George - the point of the conversation was to avoid the nutters. Turns out there is a hotbed of them here.

    " I called it a bill because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look it up." You were too much in a HURRY to read that it said "Executive Order". You just jump to anti-Obama.
    It is not an executive order until it is registered. It is not law until it is registered. It also becomes numbered at that time. This is how we keep the executive branch from jotting off extra-constitutional law on a napkin in a Burger King.


    YOU called it a BILL, ELEVEN times in ONE paragraph, and you tell us that you didn't " have time to look it up. I still don't and I really don't care as the entire "bill" is just another juvenile distraction."
    You are becoming tedious - I suppose if I had spent less time writing and more time looking for the correct term it would have achieved the best result in your mind. No post. It never occurred to me and would not in a million years that a simple error in word choice could lead to all this. You are working awfully hard to avoid actually discussing the EO.

    Jesus Christ, JUVENILES Hear what the HELL a BILL is, in 3r'd grade. YOU have gotten into your 20s and DON'T know how in the HELL our Congress WORKS>
    I certainly do - you are expanding exponentially into uncharted territory here. I did not know what an unregistered EO was called. It cannot be called an Executive Order because it is not yet law. It becomes both law and an executive order once it is registered. At the time it was initially discussed it was not yet an executive order and it was improper to refer to it as such. That is the distinction I was trying to uphold but simply could not find the appropriate word. And it made you apoplectic. I might just do it again to watch you vent. BTW, I'm 66 and retiring next month. I'd rather not be 66 but I'm in no hurry to be 20 again.


    I fear for our country with such as you in our future. I hope I can teach my grands to be better Citizens than YOU are. They are pretty sharp. You seem to be the dullest pencil in the box. Idjit! Tea Party! Whatever other pejorative you like. Does asshole fit you?
    As a matter of fact Asshole (tm) does fit me. I am a member of the Assholes, a world wide group of bikers. I wear it proudly.

    NO cheers, to you,

    George
    It is amazing to watch you be you. Cheers.

  11. #51
    gmatov is offline Diamond
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    5,666

    Default

    Sea Farmer,

    Now you know quite well what this means: I don't want to think about what "ad homs from the middle school members of the board" means, so I won't ) .

    We are attacking him, unmercifully, and HE is a HIGHLY EDUCATED member of the Board. We are attacking him, JUST BECAUSE we can.

    So, DP has gotten out his 3r'd grade books, and read them, then posts this: I know very well the differences between a bill and law and all stages between but could not find the equivalent term for an EO that had not yet been registered.

    You lie like a rug. You are an ignoramus who STILL gets to VOTE. You cover your ass with "AYE knew THAT!" AFTER it has been driven into your skull, by such as Sea Farmer, who has some knowledge OF that shit.

    I just get on your ass about lies, and, sometimes, I can show that you lie. Sea Farmer, having been there, has more in depth information than I do. He is a gentleman, however, and he will gently chastise you. I will call you a liar to your face, and I do mean if you want to accost me.

    "What is so sad is that such a stinking fuss has been made of my inaccurate but well intended attempt to differentiate between a fully processed EO and one that is not. I am at least aware they have different legal meanings (there is a difference, slim, between a presidential order and a president talking in his sleep) which generally is a good indication they have proper labels as they pass through processing. I certainly don't want to do your homework so if you are curious and based on your closing statement there is no indication you are, look it up. "

    Jaysus Christ, you ARE glib, are you NOT?

    "I am at least aware". I am not sure you are aware enough to BREATHE on your own, from all the OTHER stupid reasons that you have posted for WHY you are right.

    "I certainly don't want to do your homework so if you are curious and based on your closing statement there is no indication you are, look it up. "

    YOU need to bone up on the stuff you harp on, you assume that you can play upon what you TELL us, and there is not ONE person ON this Site who KNOWS you, personally.

    I have met only ONE poster. Happy meeting, I liked him. I don't know YOU. I know that you and I are diametrically opposed, Politically. You MAY be rich as Croesus, but I bet you are just making do, BUT, you are diehard REP. Why, I will never fathom. Genetic? IS there such a thing as a "self destructive gene and that is what STUPID POOR PEOPLE exhibit, when they work for 8 bucks an hour, AND, VOTE REPUBLICAN. I have heard it from my best friend and neighbor who drives school bus part time. HE has a pretty good retirement income, wife, retired teacher, not hurting, he wants to feel needed(I don't, I have been retired 7 years, I vegetate) his co-drivers, most of them SS age, BUT, without Pensions, HAVE to get another after retirement job to put food on the table.

    Same with the old people at Wally-mart as Greeters, and go to most Mc'Ds, and you will find OLD people working there. NOT because KIDS won't TAKE the job, Granny got there first.

    Some of you guys LIKE the way the US is headed? You got a big pool of employees, cause so many cannot find work?

    One MILLION Vets from Iraq have no job. YOU got problems? What a bunch of Narcisists. ME, ME, ME. GREED? Of course. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

    Greed rules, here, as everywhere else.

    George

  12. #52
    thruthefence's Avatar
    thruthefence is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    People's Democratic Republic of Louisiana
    Posts
    2,557

    Default

    "You are becoming tedious"

    George becoming "tedious"?

    Gordon the Dane is tedious.

    (Well, to call him "tedious" is like calling the Pope Catholic, or the ocean "wet".)

    George is an outspoken curmudgeon, who worked hard & earned his retirement and right to insult anyone on any subject, and beat any dead horse he pleases, and I welcome his postings; and even agree with him maybe 25% of the time.
    lazlo likes this.

  13. #53
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thruthefence View Post
    "You are becoming tedious"

    George becoming "tedious"?

    Gordon the Dane is tedious.

    (Well, to call him "tedious" is like calling the Pope Catholic, or the ocean "wet".)

    George is an outspoken curmudgeon, who worked hard & earned his retirement and right to insult anyone on any subject, and beat any dead horse he pleases, and I welcome his postings; and even agree with him maybe 25% of the time.
    Time to tally the score:

    dp
    Number of wrong words used in a post: 1
    Worked hard and earned his retirement: TRUE

    gmatov:
    "We are attacking him, unmercifully, and HE is a HIGHLY EDUCATED member of the Board. We are attacking him, JUST BECAUSE we can." TRUE

    "So, DP has gotten out his 3r'd grade books, and read them, then posts this: I know very well the differences between a bill and law and all stages between but could not find the equivalent term for an EO that had not yet been registered. " Half Truth (I don't have 3rd grade books)

    "You lie like a rug. You are an ignoramus who STILL gets to VOTE. You cover your ass with "AYE knew THAT!" AFTER it has been driven into your skull, by such as Sea Farmer, who has some knowledge OF that shit." Fabrication, fantasies, ravings

    "I just get on your ass about lies, and, sometimes, I can show that you lie. Sea Farmer, having been there, has more in depth information than I do. He is a gentleman, however, and he will gently chastise you. I will call you a liar to your face, and I do mean if you want to accost me." False accusations, threats, saves some face by praising fellow poster


    "Jaysus Christ, you ARE glib, are you NOT?" In the middle of long-winded rant indicates he doesn't understand the pot-kettle thing or what "glib" means.

    "I am not sure you are aware enough to BREATHE on your own, from all the OTHER stupid reasons that you have posted for WHY you are right." Indication of limited debating skills, poor communicator, subject to fantasies.

    "YOU need to bone up on the stuff you harp on, you assume that you can play upon what you TELL us, and there is not ONE person ON this Site who KNOWS you, personally." More fantasy and an outright lie. I've met people from this and other boards. Two as recently as a couple weeks ago

    "I have met only ONE poster. Happy meeting, I liked him. I don't know YOU. I know that you and I are diametrically opposed, Politically. You MAY be rich as Croesus, but I bet you are just making do, BUT, you are diehard REP. " More ranting fantasies (pruned) and an outright lie. I'm not a "REP", I'm a conservative.

    So let us see who has won the coveted thruthefence "Curmudgeon" award..... The envelope please.

    Our winner is GMATOV! Step up an take a well deserved bow, George.
    Gewehr 98 likes this.

  14. #54
    gmatov is offline Diamond
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    5,666

    Default

    IN rebuttal, there is NO such thing as a "Conservative", they are all ashamed Reps who lost the last election. WORSE than "Conservatives" are "Independents", who will not choose, THEN bitch that they cannot vote in the Primaries. YOU don't wanna be identified as one or the other, why should YOU get to vote in Dem-Rep votes?

    Couple of my kids are that way.

    "what "glib" means." YOU are "glib". Glib means that you can bend YOUR discussion any way you want. Evey time you get slapped down, you turn to another point.

    "BILL"!!! You called it that so GODDAMNED many times. "You don't know 3rd Grade Civics." I do SO know 3rd grade Civics, I just didn't know that a "bill" had to be "registered."

    "Why doesn't IT have a Number?" You have had that explained to you, and you STILL call it a "LAW". It AIN'T. It is an Executive Order, allowed by the Law of our Land.

    False accusations, threats, saves some face by praising fellow poster.

    I do give Sea Farmer some credit for his knowledge. I have given some others kudos, too, I don't know you. I know what I have read OF Sea Farmer, and no doubt he is embarresed to be focused upon. Is he actually as erudite as he says he is? I do not know. He DOES sound smarter than YOU.

    Should Thru agree with me, MAYBE 25% of the time( I find that hard to believe), maybe. Some of the stuff I write is factual, based upon my own life. I HAVE been there, and done LOTS of that. I am also, like most of you, not YOU, you would NEVER go to WIKI to learn anything, YOU will sooner go to Limbaugh, anxious to learn, and I am too old to go for MUCH learning, though I simply can't help it.

    NOTHING is too esoteric to read about.

    Consider this a "bow". Thank you.

    George

  15. #55
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmatov View Post
    IN rebuttal, there is NO such thing as a "Conservative", they are all ashamed Reps who lost the last election. WORSE than "Conservatives" are "Independents", who will not choose, THEN bitch that they cannot vote in the Primaries. YOU don't wanna be identified as one or the other, why should YOU get to vote in Dem-Rep votes?
    Go back to your civics lessons. Calling a conservative a republican is like calling a libertarian a conservative, or worse, a democrat.

    "what "glib" means." YOU are "glib". Glib means that you can bend YOUR discussion any way you want. Evey time you get slapped down, you turn to another point.
    You better go look up glib. I'll wait...

    "BILL"!!! You called it that so GODDAMNED many times. "You don't know 3rd Grade Civics." I do SO know 3rd grade Civics, I just didn't know that a "bill" had to be "registered."
    I did know it had to be registered and that it is not law until it is. It is registered now and is the law of the land. What do you suppose triggers it? The order itself does not say. Your 3rd grade civics class was an epic fail.

    "Why doesn't IT have a Number?" You have had that explained to you, and you STILL call it a "LAW". It AIN'T. It is an Executive Order, allowed by the Law of our Land.
    I know why it didn't have a number and why it could not yet be called an Executive Order. Nobody had to explain it to me. It was still in the process of becoming law. What I didn't know was the correct name for it prior to registration. I knew "bill" wasn't accurate but it also wasn't far off. You and others have never identified the correct term for the unregistered paper that was destined to become Executive Order 13603. I did finally discover what they are called prior to registration. Regardless, nobody failed to understand what I was talking about and all this crap about my calling it a bill is a distraction to keep you from commenting on the Executive Order itself. It is now legal and law. It will take an act of congress to reverse it or another president to reverse it or remove it.

    Can you recall from your civics class how long they exist before they expire? Yes, it is a trick question.

    I do give Sea Farmer some credit for his knowledge. I have given some others kudos, too, I don't know you. I know what I have read OF Sea Farmer, and no doubt he is embarresed to be focused upon. Is he actually as erudite as he says he is? I do not know. He DOES sound smarter than YOU.
    Thank you for the complement. The last thing I need in the world is for you to tell me I'm smart by your estimate. I'd feel the need to go back to school. My condolences to Sea Farmer and my apologies to him for not catching his post where he said he was erudite.

  16. #56
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 67Cuda View Post
    Maybe, but why doesn't this latest one from the White House have an Executive Order Number?


    Tom
    It was not registered until March 22.

    2012 Executive Orders Signed by Barack Obama

    Federal Register page and date: 77 FR 16651, March 22, 2012

  17. #57
    iwananew10K is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    moscow,ohio
    Posts
    2,424

  18. #58
    thruthefence's Avatar
    thruthefence is offline Titanium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    People's Democratic Republic of Louisiana
    Posts
    2,557

    Default

    "NOTHING is too esoteric to read about."

    I'm right in the middle of this one, George.

    Amazon.com: Hero: The Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia (9780061712623): Michael Korda: Books

    Lots of insight how the shit storm in the Mideast came to be.

    And he, at one point in his life was an Aircraft Mechanic! So that appeals to me.

    on the topic of reading, one of my formerly commie children ( a story for another time, I don't want to spoil your day) bought me a color nook for Christmas. I was a little leery, at first, but I warmed to it quickly, reading giant Tom Clancy novel in record time! It's just so easy! As you know as a working man, the old hands are often troubled by carpel tunnel & arthritis, and a five pound book in your hands quickly becomes tiresome.

  19. #59
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thruthefence View Post
    on the topic of reading, one of my formerly commie children ( a story for another time, I don't want to spoil your day) bought me a color nook for Christmas. I was a little leery, at first, but I warmed to it quickly, reading giant Tom Clancy novel in record time! It's just so easy! As you know as a working man, the old hands are often troubled by carpel tunnel & arthritis, and a five pound book in your hands quickly becomes tiresome.
    My color Nook is the best digital gadget I've purchased in a long time. Only thing I miss about real books is being able to write in the margins and make hard copy scans of useful technical content. I'm going to try photography this weekend.

    I agree on the worn out hands problem - too many miles on a motorcycle in my case.

  20. #60
    dp
    dp is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Puget Sound, Washington
    Posts
    3,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thruthefence View Post
    "You are becoming tedious"

    George becoming "tedious"?

    Gordon the Dane is tedious.

    (Well, to call him "tedious" is like calling the Pope Catholic, or the ocean "wet".)

    George is an outspoken curmudgeon, who worked hard & earned his retirement and right to insult anyone on any subject, and beat any dead horse he pleases, and I welcome his postings; and even agree with him maybe 25% of the time.
    George is an odd duck and I go out of my way to be civil with him during his ravings. But to be fair to him I will say that when I run into him on other fora (he's into cars and guns) he is always well behaved and rational, and his posts are well received. In this particular forum he is his own Mr. Hyde.

    Gordon is an expat Brit living in Denmark. He is another I enjoy reading except when he begins characterizing me. It is difficult enough to be a conservative in a leftist group like this and one does have to draw the line somewhere.
    thruthefence likes this.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •