What's new
What's new

any suggestions on dealing with a deadbeat customer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mill hand

Aluminum
they are waiting on funding , thats the story they have been telling me for the last 5 months.

whats my recourse?

With out knowing how much they owe, small claims court may be the best route to take. Now I am not a lawyer but I ran into a non paying customer and kept getting the run around. I went to district court showing my paperwork and invoices in hand. The other guy gave a sob story with the best of intentions and the judge wrote an order that I be paid in 7 days, plus interest and court costs. The dumb SOB even had the nerve to say to me that he hopes that we can still do business.

As I said, I guess alot depends on how much is owed would depend on which route to take, but I would definetly try to take in front of a judge and get a ruling in your favor so that they can't go bankrupt and not pay you anything (but I may not even be right on that either).

Even if you have a friend who's an attorney, ask for some free legal advice!

Bill

There has already been one or two topics that deal with this situation and each has had more than a few postings. If you want, you can re post in General. It is redundant here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back