2. Likes MCritchley liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wisconsin is a right-to-work state now as well....

They also have been digging up the proper sand to use for the gorilla glass near Eau Claire and other places. So infrastructure was being put into place a while ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWaltz View Post

They also have been digging up the proper sand to use for the gorilla glass near Eau Claire and other places. So infrastructure was being put into place a while ago
    Did not know that about the glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Scott Walker did a bunch of work to change around
    the state.

That's all we hear in the news, anyone have any
    negative news of Scott Walker ?
    Walker is a Brownback wannabe. Talk to the folks in Kansas about Brownback.
    See what slashing taxes does for a state. Kansas is in freefall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Walker is a Brownback wannabe. Talk to the folks in Kansas about Brownback.
    See what slashing taxes does for a state. Kansas is in freefall.
    Yes, it was.

Legislators finally overrode Brownback and put the tax back in place that he removed. Taxing LLC's.
    Now, the Koch brothers political machine is in attack mode, sending out mailers denouncing republicans who let the tax be reinstated.
    Tea party at it's finest.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our big question is where are they going to find the workers. We already have a massive skills gap/shortage in SE Wisconsin.

I was out of town but the Lt. Gov. had stopped by to discuss this situation with my brother.

Yes, we put in a bid to be a supplier, who knows, maybe they will need some industrial knives?

Greendale businesses put in bids to become Foxconn Suppliers - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I was out of town but the Lt. Gov. had stopped by to discuss this situation with my brother.

How much money do you have to dump into the republican party for the speaker of the house and Lt governor to drop by?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    How much money do you have to dump into the republican party for your senator and Lt governor to drop by?
    If you have to ask...

10. Likes SIP6A liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How much money do you have to dump into the republican party for your senator and Lt governor to drop by?
    It's more of a matter of being a large employer, based in the state, with its origin in the state, run by the members of a family for three generations, who also happen to actually care about the state and the people they employ, while being actively engaged with the school system and the trade school system.

So they are a knowledgeable resource in a position few others are.

12. Likes Mud, SND liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    It's more of a matter of being a large employer, based in the state, with its origin in the state, run by the members of a family for three generations, who also happen to actually care about the state and the people they employ, while being actively engaged with the school system and the trade school system.

So they are a knowledgeable resource in a position few others are.
    No it's how much money did they dump into the republican party. You don't have to be very sophisticated to realize the only thing republicans care about is putting money in their own pockets and the pockets of their cronies.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No it's how much money did they dump into the republican party. You don't have to be very sophisticated to realize the only thing republicans care about is putting money in their own pockets and the pockets of their cronies.

I can imagine that it is easy to cast aspersions and innuendo when one is not likely to encounter the target of it, nor have the slightest desire to put aside such biases and deal with people as individuals and not blindly lump others into neat little groups that make discriminatory thought arduous exercise for the closed minded.

I would almost wonder how much money it would take to disabuse someone of their ignorant broad stroke biases when the aforementioned are so glaringly obvious when one actually knows the people being discussed firsthand. But then I realize how ridiculous both propositions are and the fact that I honestly could not care less if someone is ignorant of the facts or not. With such a mindset as exhibited, frankly the idea of entertaining a discussion becomes boring. Combined with an actual workload to take care of, I'll leave you to continue or not.

Good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWaltz View Post

A right to work...for peanuts...state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can imagine that it is easy to cast aspersions and innuendo when one is not likely to encounter the target of it, nor have the slightest desire to put aside such biases and deal with people as individuals and not blindly lump others into neat little groups that make discriminatory thought arduous exercise for the closed minded. Good day.

I would almost wonder how much money it would take to disabuse someone of their ignorant broad stroke biases when the aforementioned are so glaringly obvious when one actually knows the people being discussed firsthand. But then I realize how ridiculous both propositions are and the fact that I honestly could not care less if someone is ignorant of the facts or not. With such a mindset as exhibited, frankly the idea of entertaining a discussion becomes boring. Combined with an actual workload to take care of, I'll leave you to continue or not.
    You have just described every republican in the country,

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    A right to work...for peanuts...state.
    Average starting wage is projected to be over $50,000. I think that's pretty good for this general area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post
    Average starting wage is projected to be over $50,000. I think that's pretty good for this general area.
    ewlsey,

You always come across as a bright person in your posts. You should do some research on Foxconn before being such a booster. In Pennsylvania in 2013 foxconn announced it was going to spend 30 million dollars and create 500 jobs. After the announcement it just faded to black. Probably the same thing is going to happen in Wisconsin. On October 8th Foxconn announced that there wouldn't be an announcement until 2018. Six years ago foxconn made the same promas to Brazil that was made to Wisconson anything has yet to happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or I should never post in this sub-forum. Ever.

No good can come of it.

20. Likes Kyle Smith liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have just described every republican in the country,
    Yaawwwwwwwwn... What a lazy, boring, small minded, elementary school level retort that is. It appears that I may have given you too much credit by way of expecting better. Bye, Felicia.

22. Likes digger doug, SND, Mud, converterking, Ziggy2 and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ewlsey,

You always come across as a bright person in your posts. You should do some research on Foxconn before being such a booster. In Pennsylvania in 2013 foxconn announced it was going to spend 30 million dollars and create 500 jobs. After the announcement it just faded to black. Probably the same thing is going to happen in Wisconsin. On October 8th Foxconn announced that there wouldn't be an announcement until 2018. Six years ago foxconn made the same promas to Brazil that was made to Wisconson anything has yet to happen.
    So if it doesn't come to fruition what are we out? If it does, what can we gain? You can't win if you don't try.

24. Likes digger doug, Zahnrad Kopf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yaawwwwwwwwn... What a lazy, boring, small minded, elementary school level retort that is. It appears that I may have given you too much credit by way of expecting better. Bye, Felicia.
    So who lit the fuse on your tampon? Cash posted to brag about some republican big wig dropping in and I ask how much money do you have to give the republican party to have the speaker of the house or the Lt. governor drop in. And you attack me, this doesn't even concern you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AARONT View Post
    So if it doesn't come to fruition what are we out? If it does, what can we gain? You can't win if you don't try.
    In a year I am going to bring this post up and ask where is foxconn.