Foxcon building manufacturing facility in Racine county. - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 88
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3881
    Likes (Received)
    2869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    So who lit the fuse on your tampon? Cash posted to brag about some republican big wig dropping in and I ask how much money do you have to give the republican party to have the speaker of the house or the Lt. governor drop in. And you attack me, this doesn't even concern you.
    A. So, no tampons here to light. Hate to disappoint, but we don't share in common the need for feminine hygiene products. I've decidedly "outie" plumbing.

    B. You know much less than I had previously given you credit for. Cash did not "brag" as you so basely phrased it. He's an incredibly humble person, not prone to bragging. Along with some 35 to 40 other people from this list that I know, I know him in real life. And, I count him as a friend. His post was a statement of happenstance. Not a brag. Fact is that due to their involvement with the schools and workforce development, along with their standing as a large business and employer in Wisconsin, they are asked for input from time to time.

    C. Referencing "B", ( above ) it very much does concern me. I was participating in this thread since its inception, I'm a Wisconsinite that this will affect, and you've decided to take blatant pot shots and cast innuendo at a personal friend of mine. I have responded in a most restrained manner, I should think.

    Fact of the matter is that Cash has done more for the area and others than I would imagine you've done in your lifetime. He employs a large number of people, gives back to the community frequently, participates in the educational system ( both the academic and trades ) a goodly amount, and genuinely cares about the welfare of the people in his employ as well as those of the state and region.

    So, when you feel like sauntering over and shitting all over the place with your mealy mouthed bullshit you can expect some honest objection and resistance to it.

    "Bye, Felicia."

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lambertville, MI USA
    Posts
    2,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    859
    Likes (Received)
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    A. So, no tampons here to light. Hate to disappoint, but we don't share in common the need for feminine hygiene products. I've decidedly "outie"plumbing.
    It's a figure of speech that you use with people that are acting like a CUNT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    B. You know much less than I had previously given you credit for. Cash did not "brag" as you so basely phrased it. He's an incredibly humble person, not prone to bragging. Along with some 35 to 40 other people from this list that I know, I know him in real life. And, I count him as a friend. His post was a statement of happenstance. Not a brag. Fact is that due to their involvement with the schools and workforce development, along with their standing as a large business and employer in Wisconsin, they are asked for input from time to time.
    Oh I know all about Cash he's a typical spoiled rich kid. He inherited everything he's got and then has to make sure everybody knows how rich he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    . C Referencing "B", ( above ) it very much does concern me. I was participating in this thread since its inception, I'm a Wisconsinite that this will affect, and you've decided to take blatant pot shots and cast innuendo at a personal friend of mine. I have responded in a most restrained manner, I should think.
    I also have participated since the beginning

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    Fact of the matter is that Cash has done more for the area and others than I would imagine you've done in your lifetime. He employs a large number of people, gives back to the community frequently, participates in the educational system ( both the academic and trades ) a goodly amount, and genuinely cares about the welfare of the people in his employ as well as those of the state and region.
    Not having inherited a business I can't throw money around like your hero cash. I do what I can. every Christmas there are a few families that I help out I could be a hamper of groceries or some cash to buy toys for the kids. The difference I have no need to have my name and photo plastered all over the internet. and have everybody tell me how great I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    So, when you feel like sauntering over and shitting all over the place with your mealy mouthed bullshit you can expect some honest objection and resistance to it.
    I don't need your permission to post.

    cash not defending himself says more about him than he should probably want people to know. I assume your one of his lackeys that talks for him.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    796
    Likes (Received)
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    In a year I am going to bring this post up and ask where is foxconn.
    Feel free. If they do back out, what have we lost? Maybe some time our legislatures would have spent drafting up some bullshit bill?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    2,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    995
    Likes (Received)
    1068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post
    Average starting wage is projected to be over $50,000. I think that's pretty good for this general area.
    That is on 60+ hours a week probably...

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lambertville, MI USA
    Posts
    2,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    859
    Likes (Received)
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AARONT View Post
    Feel free. If they do back out, what have we lost? Maybe some time our legislatures would have spent drafting up some bullshit bill?
    Well in a year it will prove that the people of Wisconsin have been conned by a co. that has no interest in building plants in the US. It will show that the Wisconsin legislature is more interested in doing things for rich republican donors than doing anything for the people that work for a living. We have been hearing this nonsense since the days of pruneface reagan how the rich shoulden't have to pay taxes because someday they're going to create a job.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    10,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    33
    Likes (Received)
    7783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    That is on 60+ hours a week probably...
    I don't know. That's what was reported be Wisconsin public radio. I still regard that as a good wage for the area for production work.

    I'm not trying to be a fanboy or anything, but we haven't had much to look forward to here in the Midwest. Chronically low commodity prices have about killed off mining and crop farming. There isn't much actual mining here, but we make a lot of the equipment.

    13,000 good paying jobs would surely be a boost. I guess it depends on how you read the tea leaves, but I'd like to stay optimistic.

    The article linked previously said the first thing they will be building is a tool and die shop to build the manufacturing equipment they need.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pillager, MN
    Posts
    5,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1627
    Likes (Received)
    4419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    It's a figure of speech that you use with people that are acting like a CUNT.



    Oh I know all about Cash he's a typical spoiled rich kid. He inherited everything he's got and then has to make sure everybody knows how rich he is.



    I also have participated since the beginning



    Not having inherited a business I can't throw money around like your hero cash. I do what I can. every Christmas there are a few families that I help out I could be a hamper of groceries or some cash to buy toys for the kids. The difference I have no need to have my name and photo plastered all over the internet. and have everybody tell me how great I am.



    I don't need your permission to post.

    cash not defending himself says more about him than he should probably want people to know. I assume your one of his lackeys that talks for him.

    1-17-.jpg

    ..................................................

  8. Likes Mud, SND liked this post
  9. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    moscow,ohio
    Posts
    4,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    422
    Likes (Received)
    1197

    Default

    well, I know who's not gonna get the members discount for grinding services.

  10. Likes Mcgyver liked this post
  11. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    231
    Likes (Received)
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    It's a figure of speech that you use with people that are acting like a CUNT.



    Oh I know all about Cash he's a typical spoiled rich kid. He inherited everything he's got and then has to make sure everybody knows how rich he is.



    I also have participated since the beginning



    Not having inherited a business I can't throw money around like your hero cash. I do what I can. every Christmas there are a few families that I help out I could be a hamper of groceries or some cash to buy toys for the kids. The difference I have no need to have my name and photo plastered all over the internet. and have everybody tell me how great I am.



    I don't need your permission to post.

    cash not defending himself says more about him than he should probably want people to know. I assume your one of his lackeys that talks for him.

    That was not a kind post, it is apparent you are rude. Perhaps you might keep your posts related to machining and manufacturing.

    Thank you, Matt

  12. Likes digger doug liked this post
  13. #50
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lambertville, MI USA
    Posts
    2,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    859
    Likes (Received)
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    well, I know who's not gonna get the members discount for grinding services.
    What makes you think I would send any grinding work to him?

  14. #51
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lambertville, MI USA
    Posts
    2,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    859
    Likes (Received)
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MCritchley View Post
    That was not a kind post, it is apparent you are rude. Perhaps you might keep your posts related to machining and manufacturing.

    Thank you, Matt
    And just who are you? and why should I listen to you?

  15. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3881
    Likes (Received)
    2869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    It's a figure of speech that you use with people that are acting like a CUNT.

    Oh I know all about Cash he's a typical spoiled rich kid. He inherited everything he's got and then has to make sure everybody knows how rich he is.

    I also have participated since the beginning

    Not having inherited a business I can't throw money around like your hero cash. I do what I can. every Christmas there are a few families that I help out I could be a hamper of groceries or some cash to buy toys for the kids. The difference I have no need to have my name and photo plastered all over the internet. and have everybody tell me how great I am.

    I don't need your permission to post.

    cash not defending himself says more about him than he should probably want people to know. I assume your one of his lackeys that talks for him.
    Wow. Classy... Verrrrrrry classyyyyyyyyyy...

    It is fairly apparent that you have clearly displayed your true colors just then. And we thank you for that. Obviously, you have not the slightest clue about what you speak of.

    You've very obviously got a chip on your shoulder and seem a bit triggered at the moment, unable to hold rational conversation without epithets and ad hominem, so I'll simply leave you to take your tampon, go find a safe space where you can commiserate with others like you, while I simply drop you into the ignore list and go on about my business, happy, and all the better for it.

    It's not that you have to listen to anybody. It's that you won't listen to anyone.

    Bye Felicia.

  16. Likes Mud, digger doug, SND liked this post
  17. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    4110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post

    Fact of the matter is that Cash has done more for the area and others than I would imagine you've done in your lifetime. He employs a large number of people, gives back to the community frequently, participates in the educational system ( both the academic and trades ) a goodly amount, and genuinely cares about the welfare of the people in his employ as well as those of the state and region.
    So glad at least one feudal lord understands his responsibilities to the serfs.
    Noblesse oblige - Wikipedia

  18. #54
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lambertville, MI USA
    Posts
    2,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    859
    Likes (Received)
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    Wow. Classy... Verrrrrrry classyyyyyyyyyy...
    Yet more attacking of me. You do realize that this is your fault. I posted a question to cash and he didn't respond, that's fine it should have ended there but oh no you had to stick your nose in and defended somebody that wouldn't even defend himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    It is fairly apparent that you have clearly displayed your true colors just then. And we thank you for that. Obviously, you have not the slightest clue about what you speak of.
    I know exactly what I speak of I have worked for several family owned business over the years. They didn't pay anything, The owner and his wife were always driving the latest Cadillac. And whenever a good job appeared they didn't place any of the employees they went off and found some half wit cousins kid to give the job to (at $70,000.00 + a year)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    You've very obviously got a chip on your shoulder and seem a bit triggered at the moment, unable to hold rational conversation without epithets and ad hominem, so I'll simply leave you to take your tampon, go find a safe space where you can commiserate with others like you, while I simply drop you into the ignore list and go on about my business, happy, and all the better for it.
    Well as long as you insist on attacking me I will continue to post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
    It's not that you have to listen to anybody. It's that you won't listen to anyone.
    Does that even mean anything?

    Oh and why am I singled out for you attacks. Read post 53

  19. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee,WI
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    327
    Likes (Received)
    380

    Default

    SIP6A, don't be so hateful. Wisconsin has something for you. Hillary Clinton Live | The Riverside Theater | Nov 9

  20. Likes digger doug liked this post
  21. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California, Ventura county
    Posts
    1,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    175
    Likes (Received)
    501

    Default

    you know those are some pretty harsh assumptions
    not every business feels the need to make political campaign contributions.


    given the trend in education an employer who gets involved in vocational education
    is just a good business practice.

    Costco is one example of an employer who does well and in turn treats the employees well

    it would appear that some one has a hard on for foxcon
    and well just coming off as an ass

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    CHINA
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post
    13,000 good paying jobs would surely be a boost. I guess it depends on how you read the tea leaves, but I'd like to stay optimistic.
    Is Milwaukee in Wisconsin ? Look up Falk.

    I will never ever for the rest of my life purchase or recommend another Rexnord product, and I would recommend that others do the same.

  23. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Midwestern MN/Wi USA
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    69
    Likes (Received)
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    $764M incentives package from Racine County
    Up to $3B in incentives from the state of Wisconsin
    HAHAHA I love government they are con artists to the core. Think of it this way. We will give you public land and not charge you taxes for a while. That's like us giving you 764 million and oh the state of Wisconsin will also not take any tax for 5 years. That is us giving you 3 billion. So now that you have 3 BILLION, 764 MILLION dollars...err no wait that is just us NOT taking your money and giving away the peoples land to you for free....aren't we grand

  24. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Midwestern MN/Wi USA
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    69
    Likes (Received)
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    Well in a year it will prove that the people of Wisconsin have been conned by a co. that has no interest in building plants in the US. It will show that the Wisconsin legislature is more interested in doing things for rich republican donors than doing anything for the people that work for a living. We have been hearing this nonsense since the days of pruneface reagan how the rich shoulden't have to pay taxes because someday they're going to create a job.
    Got a better plan?

  25. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    10,493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    33
    Likes (Received)
    7783

    Default

    Yes, Falk is in Milwaukee. I remember the explosion there when I was in college in Wisconsin.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •