Health issues when working with metal
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Country
    BULGARIA
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Health issues when working with metal

    Hello,

    I want to work in a manifacture factory in Europe. I will be assembling or cleaning metal safes. I don't know if I will be exposed to metal dust particles or something else. Does anybody know if there are some dangers for the health in this job?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    17,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3365
    Likes (Received)
    5316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jivkoss View Post
    Hello,

    I want to work in a manifacture factory in Europe. I will be assembling or cleaning metal safes. I don't know if I will be exposed to metal dust particles or something else. Does anybody know if there are some dangers for the health in this job?

    Thank you.
    Some countries in Europe are more concerned about worker's health than others so be more specific. Which country?
    Assembling? I can't see a problem. Cleaning? With what and how?

    Did you really mean to write "safes"?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    gloucester ma
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    43
    Likes (Received)
    877

    Default

    Some people are more sensitive than others to cleaning chemicals and to metal dusts. A modern factory is fairly safe for most people, but you do need to be more specific if you want more information

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    7,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jivkoss View Post
    Hello,

    I want to work in a manifacture factory in Europe. I will be assembling or cleaning metal safes. I don't know if I will be exposed to metal dust particles or something else. Does anybody know if there are some dangers for the health in this job?

    Thank you.
    .
    depends on the metal and the cleaning chemicals
    .
    even water is poison if too much, you drown. you can allow millions of gallons of water to dry and its toxicity increases. farm irrigation poisoning land over decades with selenium from water is common
    .
    many do not know but when talking parts per billion you inhale and drink and eat many things like asbestos, selenium, mercury many things in the air, water and food just staying in a house or hotel room. many modern plastics, rubber, plywood, insulation is giving off fumes like formaldehyde fumes.
    .
    and nature with plants growing many like poison ivy are poisonous just touching. many plants if you ate them will also poison you like mushrooms
    .
    literally sitting in a chair you can be inhaling asbestos that naturally in the air. some parts of the country parasite eggs in dried dirt go air borne in dry times and you can inhale parasite eggs that grow worms in you lungs. some countries give their kids a pill once a year so the worms or parasite come out. many people have parasites in them they do not even realize as some take years to have a big effect
    .
    mad cow disease can take decades to finally have symptoms bad enough to notice. good chance you already got some sort of problems from something
    .
    aluminum from cooking pans can take decades to effect your brain. just one example on many things not good that you are ingesting. any canned food typically the food is effected by the can and can coating. in old days people on ships would get lead poisoning from food in cans. now a days it is a can coating with a plastic that can effect you

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1214
    Likes (Received)
    1394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMF_TomB View Post
    .
    depends on the metal and the cleaning chemicals
    .
    even water is poison if too much, you drown. you can allow millions of gallons of water to dry and its toxicity increases. farm irrigation poisoning land over decades with selenium from water is common
    .
    many do not know but when talking parts per billion you inhale and drink and eat many things like asbestos, selenium, mercury many things in the air, water and food just staying in a house or hotel room. many modern plastics, rubber, plywood, insulation is giving off fumes like formaldehyde fumes.
    .
    and nature with plants growing many like poison ivy are poisonous just touching. many plants if you ate them will also poison you like mushrooms
    .
    literally sitting in a chair you can be inhaling asbestos that naturally in the air. some parts of the country parasite eggs in dried dirt go air borne in dry times and you can inhale parasite eggs that grow worms in you lungs. some countries give their kids a pill once a year so the worms or parasite come out. many people have parasite in them they do not even realize as some take years to have a big effect
    http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

    dee
    ;-D

  6. Likes Larry Dickman, Ziggy2, digger doug liked this post
  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    7,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2061

    Default

    just sitting in you house flies and mosquitoes can transfer many germs like the black death plaque and malaria and many other diseases. a dirty fly that was on shit or flea that was on a rat can land on the fruit or vegetable you are eating as well as land on you. mosquitoes can transfer parasites and diseases and effect unborn children. a lot of bad stuff can happen just sitting in a chair
    .
    hay fever and allergies is just a symptom of you breathing ingesting things your body does not like. mold and mildew common in damp areas can be very bad for you and its all natural
    .
    people have been known to swim in a pond and get flesh eating bacterial that cause them to loose their arms and legs. or a ameba up the nose starts eating their brain a and they die
    .
    small pox has been transferred to humans by blankets given to people that were not cleaned enough to kill germs. you can walk in a market and people coughing and be spewing tuberculosis 10 feet away which you can inhale
    .
    people can touch handrail or door knob or cafeteria restaurant items like big spoon and you can pick up by touch bacteria resistant staph infection which has been known to cause people to take weeks to die in a hospital and no medicine can cure it. happens every day.
    .
    no place is absolutely safe

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cinci.O
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    354
    Likes (Received)
    298

    Default

    I am highly allergic to nickel. Only known allergy. I learned at an early age not to wear any kind of jewelry, watch, necklace, etc. I have a $3k Rolex I inherited from my dad that I can't wear because the stainless back contains nickel.

    A few years ago I was helping a friend work on his car and borrowed his metal-rimmed safety glasses for some grinding. After sweating on them heavily, I had a rash on my face, right across the bridge of my nose and down onto my cheeks for several days.

    I do have a G5 Ti wedding band I wear very infrequently.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    CHINA
    Posts
    1,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    I have a $3k Rolex I inherited from my dad that I can't wear because the stainless back contains nickel.
    At least you know it's the Real Thing, not some nickel-free Chinese 'stainless'

    back on the topic, the coolant is the biggest concern. These days with everything is a machine-inna-box, that's a lot less of a problem. Unless a person is abnormally sensitive, a machine shop is a healthier environment than being a Caltrans shovel-support.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •