How should the us deal with mexico ? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 519
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    With all the satellites in space they can locate all the drug fields in Mexico. I like the smart-bomb approach used in Clear and Present Danger (boomb).
    That was one GUY, not a thousand acres! Ever PRICE one of those warshots? And the infrastructure to target and deliver it?

    Cheaper for a concerned Latino parent to de-nut a drug dealer wth a paring knife, ain't it?

    Put a two-dollar bounty on the paired ears of drug USERS sent off to the crematory, and see how much faster yet the problem vanishes.

    Want "recreational" drugs legalized? Fine.

    This week the "recreation" is crossbow, and the drug users role is to provide moving targets. Next week, we get to see if our grenade throwing skills are still up to par. Have to wait 'til next quarter to see if I'm still a dab hand, ambidextrous, with .45's.

    Or might the flow of volunteers sorta start drying up by end of week one?



    Think of all the money we could save on drug testing by year two!

    Neck of a bottle is at the top. Source of this problem is in the consumption.

    Supply sorta self-arranges - even self-heals. But ONLY so long as there is a market.
    Last edited by Monarchist; 02-03-2018 at 12:36 AM.

  2. Likes digger doug liked this post
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edison Washington USA
    Posts
    10,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    824
    Likes (Received)
    4578

    Default

    the mexicans dont grow that much pot any more- we do that, in California, Tennessee, and Kentucky, the top 3 states for marijuana growing.
    They do grow some poppies, as they make a lot heroin- but they are smaller, and, more distributed.
    They make Fentenal and Meth, but those are hard to spot from space.

    But I bet you can see the Dodge Ram factory easily from space...

  4. Likes Bobw, JoeE. liked this post
  5. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    5,719
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    160
    Likes (Received)
    2262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    Why do I think none of you guys have ever been to Mexico?
    I have probably visited between Tijuana and Rosarito a hundred times. I have an aunt and an uncle Jorge who run a manufacturing business and have lived in Playa de Tijuana for 40 years. Does that count as being to Mexico? They constantly tell me how bad it has gotten down there and they were victims of a home invasion robbery a half dozen years ago they believe was set-up by the local police. They said a lot of places in their area that were once prosperous, catering to younger USA tourists who came to drink, eat and gamble became violent drug corridors and are now boarded up and deserted. They told being a policeman there is a coveted job and you pretty much have to have connections to get to be the Policia. The monthly pay stinks but just shaking down the tourists for money pays well. I know that first hand driving down there, I got pulled over and hit up a few times for $10 or $20 and I did nothing wrong

  6. Likes dalmatiangirl61, JoeE. liked this post
  7. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    38
    Likes (Received)
    4459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    the mexicans dont grow that much pot any more- we do that, in California, Tennessee, and Kentucky, the top 3 states for marijuana growing.
    They do grow some poppies, as they make a lot heroin- but they are smaller, and, more distributed.
    They make Fentenal and Meth, but those are hard to spot from space.

    But I bet you can see the Dodge Ram factory easily from space...
    The meth comes in from the south along with the heroine form the Middle East...fentonyl comes from china.
    Along with a shit load of other analogs.
    We grow our own pot here as well...doesn't seem to have caused reefer madness.

  8. Likes tdmidget liked this post
  9. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    38
    Likes (Received)
    4459

    Default

    Last time I had to work down there I had a two man escort to and from the plant.
    I won't be going back.

  10. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    3,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    72
    Likes (Received)
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    Ever PRICE one of those warshots? And the infrastructure to target and deliver it?

    Cheaper for a concerned Latino parent to de-nut a drug dealer wth a paring knife, ain't it?

    Put a two-dollar bounty on the paired ears of drug USERS sent off to the crematory, and see how much faster yet the problem vanishes.

    Want "recreational" drugs legalized? Fine.

    This week the "recreation" is crossbow, and the drug users role is to provide moving targets. Next week, we get to see if our grenade throwing skills are still up to par. Have to wait 'til next quarter to see if I'm still a dab hand, ambidextrous, with .45's.

    Or might the flow of volunteers sorta start drying up by end of week one?



    Think of all the money we could save on drug testing by year two!

    Neck of a bottle is at the top. Source of this problem is in the consumption.

    Supply sorta self-arranges - even self-heals. But ONLY so long as there is a market.
    Better to take out a whole drug operation in Mexico than 5 Afgans in a four-wheel drive. Next time think!

  11. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    The meth comes in from the south along with the heroine form the Middle East...fentonyl comes from china.
    Along with a shit load of other analogs.
    We grow our own pot here as well...doesn't seem to have caused reefer madness.
    Whom still has enough unimpaired functionality to even make an accurate assessment?

    There's the rub.

    Bringing live seafood from cold water to the boil comes to mind. By the time they notice something bad is happening to them? It already has.

  12. Likes Scottl liked this post
  13. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    38
    Likes (Received)
    4459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    Whom still has enough unimpaired functionality to even make an accurate assessment?

    There's the rub.

    Bringing live seafood from cold water to the boil comes to mind. By the time they notice something bad is happening to them? It already has.
    Plenty of folks don't smoke.
    Probably about the same as it's always been
    Colorado is the birthplace of the Libertarian party, most of the state never did care about cannibis.

  14. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Plenty of folks don't smoke.
    Probably about the same as it's always been
    Colorado is the birthplace of the Libertarian party, most of the state never did care about cannibis.
    Probably true, given some can't even spell it...

  15. Likes Gobo liked this post
  16. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    38
    Likes (Received)
    4459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    Probably true, given some can't even spell it...
    It was always dope...but now dope is something else.

    No way I'd get near what they are growing now.
    used to be you could get a little high...not so much any more.

  17. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    It was always dope...but now dope is something else.

    No way I'd get near what they are growing now.
    used to be you could get a little high...not so much any more.
    Coming up 73 years young. Have arrested six users. Tried and convicted more than six (different ones - can't do both under UCMJ), had to be investigating officer on death and serious accidents due to it, burned 25 acres of it, never once smoked even a single drag.

    Saw too much tragedy of it in 'nam, don't even care to be around folk who are oblivious to those dangers. "Zero Tolerance" IOW. Workplace or any other place. Not a moral issue with me. Safety and efficiency one, rather.

    Besides that, I find irresponsible people useless and boring, even IF not also dangerous.

    WTH I never hired, retained, nor chose to work for, anyone who was but "average" in any other way, either. Nothing but the best, downline OR upline, Military or Civilian.

    I ALWAYS had that luxury. I ALWAYS put it to good use.

    Consider that "elitist?" Damned straight it is. Worked really well, too.

    So why would I care about opinions of those who didn't make the cut?

  18. Likes Modelman, camscan liked this post
  19. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    3,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3546
    Likes (Received)
    3368

    Default

    Back to the subject.

    How should the U.S. deal with Mexico?

    FAIRLY!

    That doesn't mean we need to let half the population move here or not enforce our laws. For legitimate purposes such as agriculture and other jobs that go wanting we can issue temporary work permits as we have done since before most were born. Instead of paying high fees to human smugglers with the risk of being caught at the border and deported the workers can pay a modest fee for the permits along with a small tax on remittances. We have a right to collect some money to defray costs in exchange for the service we provide to Mexico. Remittances from the U.S. are a significant portion of their economy and act as a social safety net for them. Workers who comply with requirements and return home when the permit expires would be welcomed back whenever new work was available and such a system would be better for both countries than the current trend toward illegal migration.

  20. Likes digger doug, Monarchist, Modelman liked this post
  21. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    38
    Likes (Received)
    4459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    Coming up 73 years young. Have arrested six users. Tried and convicted more than six (different ones - cant do both under UCMJ), had to be investigating officer on death and serious accidents due to it, burned 25 acres of it, never once smoked even a single drag.

    Saw too much tragedy of it in 'nam, don't even care to be around folk who are oblivious to those dangers. "Zero Tolerance" IOW. Workplace or any other place. Not a moral issue with me. Safety and efficiency one, rather.

    Besides that, I find irresponsible people useless and boring, even IF not also dangerous.

    WTH I never hired, retained, nor chose to work for, anyone who was but "average" in any other way, either. Nothing but the best, downline OR upline, Military or Civilian.

    I ALWAYS had that luxury. I ALWAYS put it to good use.

    Consider that "elitist?" Damned straight it is. Worked really well, too.

    So why would I care about opinions of those who didn't make the cut?
    Ever have a beer after work?

  22. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Milwaukee,WI
    Posts
    760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2726
    Likes (Received)
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    Coming up 73 years young. Have arrested six users. Tried and convicted more than six (different ones - cant do both under UCMJ), had to be investigating officer on death and serious accidents due to it, burned 25 acres of it, never once smoked even a single drag.

    Saw too much tragedy of it in 'nam, don't even care to be around folk who are oblivious to those dangers. "Zero Tolerance" IOW. Workplace or any other place. Not a moral issue with me. Safety and efficiency one, rather.

    Besides that, I find irresponsible people useless and boring, even IF not also dangerous.

    WTH I never hired, retained, nor chose to work for, anyone who was but "average" in any other way, either. Nothing but the best, downline OR upline, Military or Civilian.

    I ALWAYS had that luxury. I ALWAYS put it to good use.

    Consider that "elitist?" Damned straight it is. Worked really well, too.

    So why would I care about opinions of those who didn't make the cut?
    What if someone didn't inhale, like Bill Clinton.

  23. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    What if someone didn't inhale, like Bill Clinton.
    What if someone didn't care to make a distinction between truth or fiction, like Bill Clinton?

    For my money, the only thing I trust him to NOT have lied about was his response when Gennifer Flowers asked him if there was any truth to rumours Hillary was bi.
    Page 118 of her book, was it? "..She's eaten more pussy than I have" he said.


  24. Likes converterking liked this post
  25. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    erie,pa
    Posts
    8,977
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    16021
    Likes (Received)
    4551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Ever have a beer after work?
    Pot 'aint alcohol.

    "Eight hours bottle to throttle" mean anything to you ?

  26. Likes Larry Dickman, Monarchist liked this post
  27. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    318
    Likes (Received)
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Pot 'aint alcohol.
    Agreed. Alcohol is way worse.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    38
    Likes (Received)
    4459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Pot 'aint alcohol.

    "Eight hours bottle to throttle" mean anything to you ?
    Yeah, it means you don't understand how EtOH metabolizes.
    People get DUI on the way to work after sleeping.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Abingdon, VA
    Posts
    3,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3872
    Likes (Received)
    2377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post

    But I bet you can see the Dodge Ram factory easily from space...
    Not for much longer, Ram is moving truck production back to the U.S.

  30. Likes Monarchist liked this post
  31. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hatch, NM Chile capital of the WORLD
    Posts
    8,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    11101
    Likes (Received)
    9114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Yeah, it means you don't understand how EtOH metabolizes.
    People get DUI on the way to work after sleeping.
    Its actually pretty damn difficult to get over a .08. Its pretty damn easy to get close to it,
    it not that easy to get over it.. You need to be putting in a damn good effort, or weight 60 lbs.

    There were probably quite a few times that I went to work drunk.. But I put in my time at the bar,
    got home at 3am, and left for work at 5am. Those were my younger and dumber days..

    When somebody comes to work drunk, you can smell it.. And its not their liver processing alcohol
    that you are smelling, its alcohol trying to get the fuck out of their body any which way it can.

    If you are still drunk eight hours after having your last beer, you weren't just drinking beer, and
    if you were just drinking beer, you weren't drinking it like a human.

    I'd rather be on the road with a pot head than a drunk anyday. And I say that as a beer drinker that
    doesn't care all that much for the green stuff.

    And for the record, I did get a DUI. 19 years ago this month. It was a pain in the ass, and I knew the
    Sargent on duty, he even let me smoke in the cell, and drove me home, and then gave me advice on how to deal
    with the court thing a few days later. Loss of license, bullshit of court.. 17 weeks of drunk driving school,
    which of course was right around the corner from the bar. Not something I would do again.

  32. Likes Monarchist liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •