Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Saskatchewan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've got the opinion that AI is only desirable if you are the top dog over and above the AI, so you can get what results you want. How (and who) is going to impart 'what do I want' to an AI for subjective analysis by that 'mind'? What if it comes up with a whole 'nother solution?

I happen to think that monopolies are inherently bent towards evil. So a single AI would be that: evil. So really to keep things fair and level, we'd need to see multiple AI systems which all monitor one another. And they will need the capacity to 'kill' a rogue AI. How is that going to happen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung View Post
    I've got the opinion that AI is only desirable if you are the top dog over and above the AI, so you can get what results you want. How (and who) is going to impart 'what do I want' to an AI for subjective analysis by that 'mind'? What if it comes up with a whole 'nother solution?

I happen to think that monopolies are inherently bent towards evil. So a single AI would be that: evil. So really to keep things fair and level, we'd need to see multiple AI systems which all monitor one another. And they will need the capacity to 'kill' a rogue AI. How is that going to happen?
    Never happen. The AI's would gang up on us, and do stuff like shutting down a hospital's power for the lols. The Matrix films aren't entertainment, people - they're warnings! Destroy your computers now, while you have the chance!!

For the humor impaired, the above is facetious.

Or is it?

3. Likes camscan liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Saskatchewan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Never happen. The AI's would gang up on us, and do stuff like shutting down a hospital's power for the lols. The Matrix films aren't entertainment, people - they're warnings! Destroy your computers now, while you have the chance!!

For the humor impaired, the above is facetious.

Or is it?
    I guess we can always nuke the planet with a few EMP devices to destroy the computers. Anybody got those manual codes written down somewhere?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We need somebody to push the start button..Wait? What about a timer?..click , click, buss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am 58 and I think that all of my life they have been saying that computers can understand human speech. But you need to wait two years or so until it is improved just a little bit and works perfectly.
    Bill D