What's new
What's new

The Lights Have Officially Gone Out in the US

I've said it before, I'll say it again... This green house / global warming / Co2, bull s**t... is going to be our undoing. It's an utter scam that is doing untold amounts of damage around the world. We're turning the whole world inside out over an imaginary doomsday that doesn't exist.

The whole CO2 issue is intended to give the power to the globalists (Rockefeller, Kissinger, etc.) to tax oil at the well head to fund their vision of utopia with them at the helm.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... This green house / global warming / Co2, bull s**t... is going to be our undoing. It's an utter scam that is doing untold amounts of damage around the world. We're turning the whole world inside out over an imaginary doomsday that doesn't exist.

Plus Jesus is coming back any day now so who cares about the earth anyway? It's much better to trust the buybull than stupid science. :rolleyes5:

I can't figure out why man induced global warming CAN'T be right and is absolutely, necessarily wrong. People argue that it is a bunch of lies, but without showing why it must be wrong other that to argue that it has never happened before.

Greenhouse doubts

I think that one of the driving reasons people have doubts about man caused global warming is that people don't trust the data. Also, it is very difficult to seperate climate change caused by natural cycles (around here the weather is going back to the 1970's it seems). Also it is very hard to tell if the data is really reflecting a change, or is being impacted by man induced micro-climate changes (pavement).

Also, I think people perceive that the costs of the global warming reaction unfairly places the burden on those less able to pay for it (the rich get richer)iplaces the costs of remediation in the laps of those less able to afford it. I mean who among the rich and powerful has made any outstanding effort to show how they are reducing their carbon footprint. Seriously, has anybody? Al Gore, Bill Gates? At least Warren Buffet doesn't live large in the first place.

Still, the general perception (and cashed in on by opponents of carbon reduction laws) is that there is no obvious linear solution to the problem (if there is one). Everybody says there is a problem, but we've heard that about most foods, drugs, and everything from watching television to having sex. Any wonder folks are disenchanted with the whole rigamoral?

I am not sure I understand. According to the article I should be mad at congress because GE is outsourcing a superior product.:nutter: How about instead of being upset at congress, I'll be upset at GE.

I'll respond with the same stuff that I always respond with when it comes to the GW subject. Whether or not the planet is getting hotter, is highly debatable at best. For every number that shows a part of the world is hotter on average, there's another place to show it's colder. For places where ice has melted, there's other places where it has grown. The doomsday obsessed media just like focusing on the negative examples. But all that aside...

Before all this GW nonsense got started, it was a commonly accepted fact by multiple scientists, that through ice core sampling and other methods, they pretty much all agreed that there have been prehistoric periods in the earth's history, where the Co2 average levels were in the thousands. Jurassic era.. estimated 4000 parts per million. Other eras... 5, 6, even 7000 PPM. In those same ice samples, they show no corresponding temp changes. And obviously, the planet thrived... No instant deserts or doomsday. And no people even existed back then. So #1... Obviously the planet is capable of producing ridiculous amounts of Co2 all by itself. So how can a tiny increase in Co2 now, be proof positive of our doom, and 100% for sure caused by us? #2... The PPM Co2 average today is about 390. Three hundred and ninety! How can the planet have Co2 averages in the thousands years ago and nothing happen, but it's 390 today, and that supposedly signals that we're screwed?

The 'greenhouse effect'... Many elements help to create the greenhouse effect. And yes, Co2 is one of them. Do you know which element is by far the largest contributor? Water vapor... Just regular old water evaporating from the oceans, contributes an estimated 97% or so, to the greenhouse effect. GW people conveniently leave this out, because of course... if you leave that out, that makes all the remaining elements (including Co2) jump up in percentage. But in reality... Co2 in total, accounts for an estimated 1% or so, both man made and natural. Out of that, our estimated contribution to the overall greenhouse effect, is around 1/4 of a percent in Co2. It's like one bucket of water in a swimming pool. So how can anybody seriously believe, that 97% of what creates the greenhouse effect is meaningless, but our little measly point 25 of a percent Co2, is somehow changing the whole world? It makes no sense. Why some scientists believe this, I have no idea. But just because you're a scientist, that doesn't make you sane.

A lot of the same people crying about Co2, are the same exact people that 20 years ago, we're crying about the rain forest. But now, because of the Co2 insanity, those same people are saying it's actually a GOOD thing that corporations are ripping out thousands of acres of natural forest, to plant their green fuel crops. So according to them, it's now OK to totally destroy the same thing they told us it was imperative to save, only 20 years ago. And these are the people we're supposed to take seriously? Another 20 years from now, they'll probably be saying that we need to create giant Co2 machines, because there's not enough of it.

Plus Jesus is coming back any day now so who cares about the earth anyway? It's much better to trust the buybull than stupid science. :rolleyes5:

Doesn't matter. We are all dead right now, according to "science". Died either from global cooling ( a few years ago) or the hole in the ozone layer (about the same time) or the population bomb ( probably before your time) or a dozen other plagues that all were custom designed to make us abandon technology and live like animals so Al Gore could live like a king without having to answer for it.

Sucker! If the book's cover says "science" you'd belive in unicorns. If it says "common sense" you'd burn it to keep warm....Joe

t having to answer for it.

Sucker! If the book's cover says "science" you'd belive in unicorns. If it says "common sense" you'd burn it to keep warm....Joe

The Bible is common sense?
Real science is, in it's most simple form, common sense.
You are not a sucker. (roll eyes)

Jeff

I'll respond with the same stuff that I always respond with when it comes to the GW subject. Whether or not the planet is getting hotter, is highly debatable at best. For every number that shows a part of the world is hotter on average, there's another place to show it's colder. For places where ice has melted, there's other places where it has grown. The doomsday obsessed media just like focusing on the negative examples. But all that aside...

Before all this GW nonsense got started, it was a commonly accepted fact by multiple scientists, that through ice core sampling and other methods, they pretty much all agreed that there have been prehistoric periods in the earth's history, where the Co2 average levels were in the thousands. Jurassic era.. estimated 4000 parts per million. Other eras... 5, 6, even 7000 PPM. In those same ice samples, they show no corresponding temp changes. And obviously, the planet thrived... No instant deserts or doomsday. And no people even existed back then. So #1... Obviously the planet is capable of producing ridiculous amounts of Co2 all by itself. So how can a tiny increase in Co2 now, be proof positive of our doom, and 100% for sure caused by us? #2... The PPM Co2 average today is about 390. Three hundred and ninety! How can the planet have Co2 averages in the thousands years ago and nothing happen, but it's 390 today, and that supposedly signals that we're screwed?

The 'greenhouse effect'... Many elements help to create the greenhouse effect. And yes, Co2 is one of them. Do you know which element is by far the largest contributor? Water vapor... Just regular old water evaporating from the oceans, contributes an estimated 97% or so, to the greenhouse effect. GW people conveniently leave this out, because of course... if you leave that out, that makes all the remaining elements (including Co2) jump up in percentage. But in reality... Co2 in total, accounts for an estimated 1% or so, both man made and natural. Out of that, our estimated contribution to the overall greenhouse effect, is around 1/4 of a percent in Co2. It's like one bucket of water in a swimming pool. So how can anybody seriously believe, that 97% of what creates the greenhouse effect is meaningless, but our little measly point 25 of a percent Co2, is somehow changing the whole world? It makes no sense. Why some scientists believe this, I have no idea. But just because you're a scientist, that doesn't make you sane.

A lot of the same people crying about Co2, are the same exact people that 20 years ago, we're crying about the rain forest. But now, because of the Co2 insanity, those same people are saying it's actually a GOOD thing that corporations are ripping out thousands of acres of natural forest, to plant their green fuel crops. So according to them, it's now OK to totally destroy the same thing they told us it was imperative to save, only 20 years ago. And these are the people we're supposed to take seriously? Another 20 years from now, they'll probably be saying that we need to create giant Co2 machines, because there's not enough of it.

So the earth's mean temp rises a few degrees. Note that word, "mean".
What might happen is weather patterns change; the nation's breadbasket turns into a desert, and you can eat dirt cause there's no wheat for bread.
In fact, a half percent rise in co2 and you may have some physiological issues. Your body is used to certain co2 levels, and relatively minor changes can influence blood chemistry.

The earth will survive global warming . That doesn't mean humans will.

The science is there I guess, it's just so dang frustrating trying to sort through it all. The are very well reasoned arguments that lead to some fairly divergent conclusions.
Even the individuals who devote their lives to climate research can't agree with the others who devote their lives to climate research.
Some of the statements that really make me uncomfortable are those that suggest that the research is "done" and that man made GW is a fact that can not be disputed. Particularly when accompanied by the political and professional beat down that is delt out to any that dare question the issue.

The other flashing yellow light on the control panel is under the corrective action measures gauge. They plan on turning that one off by banning the silly thing.

Incandescent bulbs are 100% efficient if you happen to be heating your house when you are using them. Plus waste wise, they are fairly benign.
BANNING friggin light bulbs,:skep: seems like a sure sign that the situation is not being handled well.

In fact, a half percent rise in co2 and you may have some physiological issues. Your body is used to certain co2 levels, and relatively minor changes can influence blood chemistry.

Have to go up a lot further than that to have any perceptible effect. A simple Google search shows 1% concentration is easily tolerable.

PDW

So the earth's mean temp rises a few degrees. Note that word, "mean".
What might happen is weather patterns change; the nation's breadbasket turns into a desert, and you can eat dirt cause there's no wheat for bread.

The earth will survive global warming . That doesn't mean humans will.

See, this is the attitude I don't understand... It just seems like some people skim right over all the information, like it's not even there... Almost like they just want all this to be true.

just a little more science to cloud the issue (yeah, I know, bad pun):

Icelandic volcano won't affect the world's climate Environment Blog (ABC Environment)

the interesting quote (bolding & italics mine):

Last year Ian Plimer asserted that the carbon dioxide coming from all the world's volcanoes was one of the major contributing factors to changes in atmospheric CO2.
"Over the past 250 years, humans have added just one part of CO2 in 10,000 to the atmosphere. One volcanic cough can do this in a day," he said

but the main reason some of us distrust all the "scientific 'proof'" about global warming, is the fact that all the research being done gets paid for by the government, and it's become pretty common for those few who question the theory get their funding cut, while the researchers who toe the line get more funding......nothing out of the ordinary, really, ya see it in industry every day: the 'yes man' gets all the raises, and the guy who disagrees with the boss gets the can (even if he's right)

The Bible is common sense?
Real science is, in it's most simple form, common sense.
You are not a sucker. (roll eyes)

Jeff

Who said anything about the Bible?

ANY book or writing that calls itself "science" is acccepted by the greenies as long as it predicts mmgw is real, while any book or writing that predicts the reverse is dismissed out of hand.

There are a wold of scientists out there that disagree with the theory, but that doesn't fit the current groupthink model, so they are dismissed. Even the fact that there has BEEN no warming since 1998 is dismissed.

It's the biggest hoax in the history of mankind, started by a guy who is not even a particularly talented huckster, and lapped up like mother's milk by a crowd who devoutly wish it to be true, because liberty just seems to damn messy for it to be allowed to continue.....Joe

Back