Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since social security is a "commie" program, and none of us pay any money into it (as if) all the repubs can do their part to make America fiscally responsible and tell the government to keep THEIR SS checks. I think old Joe D. has already agreed to this in the past.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thruthefence View Post
    Joe, this just may be O's "October surprise". What ever he is, he is not stupid. He will of course, reverse direction AFTER the elections if the Dems prevail, (or even if they don't).
    If that's the case, we'll have to read the speech from the teleprompter ourselves, via the TV screen. He could never get the words past his lips.

I really doubt he would even come close to doing it. As it stands now, the only folks who don't hold him in contempt are the liberals. Such a speech would make it universal...Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ANother commie program we NEED to get rid of: The FDIC. That big fat commie FDR
    is to blame for that one.

Banks need to know that if they go under, they go under. Bank customers need to
    know that if they put money in banks, they could lose it all. So folks, take all your
    money out of the bank RIGHT NOW and we'll tell the commies we don't need their
    FDIC.

Line to withdraw your money, starts here.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How funny is it that the country actually went to shit under Bush and now that Obama is in office, all we hear is how he is ruining everything. Such a joke.

Economy was in free fall when Obama took office and now it's rising again.

Republicans screwed up everything, Obama fixed it, so let's put republicans/teaparty back in office?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    How funny is it that the country actually went to shit under Bush and now that Obama is in office, all we hear is how he is ruining everything. Such a joke.

Economy was in free fall when Obama took office and now it's rising again.

Republicans screwed up everything, Obama fixed it, so let's put republicans/teaparty back in office?

What's even worse is that any amount of improvement in practically any area of the economy is denied to the death by them. They will even go so far as to mention that (in so many words, if not directly) that the business they own or work at is/has been doing better as of late, then turn around and tell you how terrible it is for them and everyone else.

Jeff

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Nevada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We are screwed. With alot of larger shops auctioning off equipment and alot of this equipment going overseas we are loosing our capability. It will take decades to get this back IMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by IAMATT View Post
    We are screwed. With alot of larger shops auctioning off equipment and alot of this equipment going overseas we are loosing our capability. It will take decades to get this back IMHO

Unfortunately, that sure looks to be the case.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Guys, lest we forget, O'bama swore he could fix it pronto......until he got into office. "unless we pass this bill RIGHT NOW unemployment could reach 8%!" Now, nobody predicts it will fall much below 10% in the measurable future under these policies. Like the lady said..."new reality".

You guys have owned congress for about 4 years now, and the whole government for two. Nothing is fixed re jobs. Nothing is GETTING fixed re jobs. No sane learned person I know, including one hell of a lot of democrats, think raising taxes during a severe recession is a good idea. Does it matter? of course not! "If you can't raise taxes, what the hell is the point in governing?"

You have heard from a couple of people who have basically said, and I'm NOT quoting the words, just the implication, "I don't want to invest, because I have no idea what the wacky son of a bitch is going to do next. He seems to want to kill everyting in the private sector, and he's doing a hell of a job so far."

This is the general attitude out there. It fits the evidence. Nothing about this administration acts like it wants to do anythiing but destroy and replace the private sector with government.

You can say it's right or wrong, but that's the perception. You can say it's a stupid perception, but lest we forget, the guys who have it are mostly millionares, and until you join that club, you have to admit that they just might know something you don't. Most people don't get to be millionares ONCE. If they blow it by betting on O'bama and the democrats suddenly actually wanting to HELP business, there is a good chance they will blow it forever.

It's easy to blow a fortune on a bad bet, but only if you don't HAVE a fortune. It's easy when it's imaginary. Real money is harder to spend when it looks shakey.

And soooo....The more squeeze you put on the "hiring class", the less hiring they are likely to do. Simple, really. Except, I guess, to certain segments of the population......Joe

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Joe,

You've really got things figured out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe D Grinder View Post
    Guys, lest we forget, O'bama swore he could fix it pronto......until he got into office..

.Joe

Swore? Said he could yeah. JUST LIKE EVERY POLITICIAN EVER!!!!
    What is a politician going to say? "I don't know, maybe I can help a little, maybe."?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Joe,

You got Obama making the entire Republican platform as his concession speech. Everything you espouse is what the REPUBLICANS have [preached since the day after he was elected.

Now, you don't REALLY think the guy is so dumb he will go along with everything that you and the REPUBLICANS want, do you?

How dumb are YOU, to think that more of the same that got us into this DEPRESSION, and I don't think you can call it anything else, will get us OUT of it.

Bush AND REPUBLICAN tax cuts got us into more than 4 TRILLION bucks of National Debt. Bush AND REPUBLICANS paid for 2 Wars off the budget, never got Congressional Budget Committee OK on those costs, DID get "Emergency Auxiliary Funds" passed, before Jan 2007, when the Democrats took the majority.

Today, YOU have a PLEDGE to AMERICA, that says NOTHING, and Boner has been questioned interminably, "What in the hell does it MEAN?", "We have to let the people know what the problem is, and how big it is."

Jaysus Christ, we KNOW how big the problem is, we have been staring it in the face for 3 years, and the problem seems to be that REPUBLICANS are going to hold the country hostage till they resume power, and then it will be business as usual.

I am immensely pissed off with the Dems. Pelosi probably has the biggest set of balls in the entire House. ALL the rest of them are nutless wonders, eunuchs.

As mentioned, Norquist called "bipartisasism" "daterape". The Dems SHOULD make law, NOW, and if it requires the "nuclear option", that was invoked all through the Bush and Rep years.

Joe doesn't like the Health Care Bill, yet he has no idea what is in it. All he knows is that a DEM passed it. It will never affect HIM, unless he gets cancer or something and decides he really should go get some insurance. He would have been laughed out of the office, "You got CANCER and you wanna buy INSURANCE? Ha, ha, ha, have you ever auditioned for SNL? You'd be a natural." Probably gonna have to jump the border again, somebody over there must know something about cancer.

But then, Joe doesn't like ANYTHING that is Dem proposed or passed. Joe LOVED everything that BUSH proposed and, of course, with total control of both houses, got passed.

And, of course, Joe is rich as Croesus, and he got MILLIONS in tax breaks with the Bush tax cuts. NOT, as he himself says. BUT he still wants them to remain in effect for those who have hundreds of times what HE has. WHY?

Airplane guy,

Yeah, you might be one of them I was asking to speak up.

"In 2009 I reduced to 20 employees at the beginning of the year and my gross went down to $2.5m, not because I wanted to eliminate jobs but because my work went away. I still paid taxes on a little over $250k and I have a 50% partner. "

That is remarkable! You and your partner took 20% of the gross as personal income. You make more than I would guess 95% of the other owners here get.

How about you tell us just HOW much more it cost you when you topped 250K? 50, 60 70, or just 35% of all the money OVER 250 K? 50 years ago, under Republican Ike, you would have paid 91% of that excess, and you would have bitched but made even MORE money the next year.

You are spoiled rotten. You're worse than little kids. At least they know no better, you do. You know that you are approaching rich, but you want more. It is called "greed". When do you say "I have enough?" Probably never.

I really don't care how much money you make. Make millions, it is no skin off my nose. But don't use your fuckin' millions to influence tax policy to give YOU even MORE favorable treatment when many millions can't even put food on the table.

THAT makes you a no good son of a bitch. ALL for ME.

Cheers,

George

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thruthefence View Post
    "I would hazard a guess that the majority of people soon to retire will rely on SS as their main source of income."

Not to worry, we will either borrow (or print) more money to pay for it.

Here's the answer!

"Every man a King!!

Huey Long's Programs - Share Our Wealth, Share the Wealth

and here:

"Share the Wealth": Huey Long Talks to the Nation

There's even a song on youtube!! (written by Huey, of course)

YouTube - EVERY MAN IS A KING-Huey P. Long The Kingfish Legend

Huey was a Democrat, of course. We need another guy like him, these days.................

wait a minute! We got one!!!!!
    Since we are looking at history how bout this guy...

"Having thus in a few words, opened the merits of the case, I shall now proceed to the plan I have to propose, which is,
    To create a national fund, out of which there shall be paid to every person, when arrived at the age of twenty-one years, the sum of fifteen pounds sterling, as a compensation in part, for the loss of his or her natural inheritance, by the introduction of the system of landed property:
    And also, the sum of ten pounds per annum, during life, to every person now living, of the age of fifty years, and to all others as they shall arrive at that age."

Thomas Paine..Agrian Justice.

People's Democratic Republic of Louisiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

An interesting man, for sure; We already have put Paine's ideas to work. It is called the "earned income tax credit".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gmatov View Post
    We KNOW how big the problem is, we have been staring it in the face for 3 years, and the problem seems to be that REPUBLICANS are going to hold the country hostage till they resume power, and then it will be business as usual.....George
    Bold by me.

This is my thoughts exactly! Financially as well as politically.

How that is accomplished? By doing what they have been doing since the election= Vote no on everything and drag their feet on what they can't vote on, then have their spin machine (you know what that is- Fox) in high gear spreading disinformation- "Obama isn't a citizen", "Obama starting death panels" et al~ . Make mountains out of molehills, start another political party~ ala Tea Party ~ supposedly a wholly different party but actually a republican in sheeps clothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Obama isn't a citizen", "Obama starting death panels" et al~ . Make mountains out of molehills, start another political party~ ala Tea Party ~ supposedly a wholly different party but actually a republican in sheeps clothing."

Aparently, you, like a lot of others, don't listen to fox. Just believe everyting you hear from folks who also don't listen to fox, but claim they do. For every fox news there are three Chris Mathews out there....Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From George;
    "THAT makes you a no good son of a bitch. ALL for ME."

George, educate youself. Why do you think people start companies in the first place? I can't think of a conpany that succeeded that was started to provide jobs. I know some of the small ones in the midwest started out in communities stricly for that purpose, but they floundered along, working a few months per year and finally died or were bought out.

This attitude is EXACTLY what I'm talking about when I say that we have an anti-business attitude running rampant. Would YOU invest in a business right now? Your'e damned if you fail, because you are broke, and damned if you do quite well because you are a no good SOB.

That's exactly the right way to get business to expand, wouldn't you say? Fact is, you need the wealthy more than they need you if you intend to foster jobs. That's not really the goal here, though, is it? The goal here is to punish the wealthy and further empower government.

That's counter-productive, stupid and petty......But then what should I expect?....Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default I don't listen to Fox. Why should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe D Grinder View Post
    Aparently, you, like a lot of others, don't listen to fox. Just believe everyting you hear from folks who also don't listen to fox, but claim they do. For every fox news there are three Chris Mathews out there....Joe
    I only watch NBC News, because I get all my TV off the air with an antenna, no cable or dish. I want news, not opinions.

When I worked out on the road a lot, I put in plenty of time watching CNN and Fox on the motel TV. It is all I could do not to throw a chair thru the screen after listening to Fox for about an hour. Blatantly opinionated blowhards- the whole lot of them. How they can set there and proclaim themselves fair and balanced, I couldn't fathom. In fairness, I would like to choke Chris Matthews half the time because he constantly interupts his guests. Drives me crazy when he does that. Let them finish for christs' sake- I wanna hear their answers!

Watching fox tv is like driving by a fatality car wreck- you can't help but stop and stare. But, soon enough the horn honking brings you back to reality and you need to get a move on. For me, that meant watch NBC news. Regular news men/women instead of opinionated party hacks.

As far as getting my info from others who don't watch Fox, I have a good friend whose aged parents still live out on the farm. Her dad- 89 year old retired farmer and WW2 vet doesn't give a shit one way or another, but her mom (nearly blind because of diabetes) sets in the house and has the TV on Fox most of the time while she goes about her day. She is a nice enough lady, but she is so brainwashed by listening to that hogwash that you can't have a conversation with her on any politically connected subject. She is one of the "Obama not citizen" and "Obama death panel" believers, among other red herring issues, and it is all because of what she hears on Fox TV. No denying that. Just goes to show that if your repeat something long and often enough, someone will believe it no matter how off the wall it seems.

Republican strategists probably setting there anticipating a great voter turnout from folks like this that they have cultivated over the last few years by spreading their, um, "fertilizer'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Also from George;

"I am immensely pissed off with the Dems. Pelosi probably has the biggest set of balls in the entire House. ALL the rest of them are nutless wonders, eunuchs."

And somehow, THAT'S the fault of the republicans? You guys picked 'em. You promoted them. You swore by them. The fact that they somehow came to their senses and decided that raising taxes during a reccession might be a bad idea is my fault?

You guys have owned the government for two years, now. If you didn't get what you wanted, chances are it's because you don't want what the American people want, because, believe me, those dems in the house are more scared of the people than they are of pelosi. She casn make ther lives miserable, but the people can and will fire them.

On a lighter note, last week I heard somebody say;

"If you think that your life is a living hell, hardly worth living, you still have something to be thankfull for. Somewhere out there, is a MR. PELOSI, and it ain't you.....Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am a fox news listener, and they have never reported that O'bama was not a citizen. Period. There are some out there saying that, but there are also some on your side who say Bush planned 9-11.

Both sides have their loonies and both mainstream media report on the loonies from both sides. Does not mean they embrace them. Most of the eco-loonies belong to the left, but most of the left are not the unibomber.

On the other hand, one can claim if one wants that he only watches "unbiased" NBC news, but there is more clear bias there than on Fox, unless one listens with the left ear only.

1. NBC Denies Liberal Bias As It Elevates Olbermann to Nightly News

NBC News on Thursday announced that the network has extended its contract with Keith Olbermann, host of MSNBC's Countdown, for four years. As part of the deal with the vitriolic journalist who, the AP's David Bauder reported, "has become a liberal hero" and who "has seen his ratings increase since launching a series of anti-President Bush commentaries late last summer," he will be elevated to the broadcast network which will air two Countdown specials a year and he will contribute "occasional essays" on NBC Nightly News. In announcing the deal on his program, Olbermann said the frequency of the "essays" will be "periodic" and during an afternoon interview on MSNBC he suggested he'd do about a dozen a year. Reciting a February 15 conference call held by NBC News President Steve Capus to make the announcement, Bauder relayed how "the news chief also said he saw no problem giving a more prominent role on NBC News to someone with clearly stated political opinions." Capus asserted: "I think the viewers are sophisticated enough to welcome all viewpoints." But only one kind of viewpoint, that of the far-left, conservative-hating Olbermann is getting two hours in NBC prime time and monthly commentaries on the NBC Nightly News.

For more;

NBC Denies Liberal Bias As It Elevates Olbermann to Nighty News --2/16/2007-- Media Research Center

The percentage of the mainstram media who reside on the left is extremely high. Always has been. That's why their listeners are staying away in droves....Joe

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Nevada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Political suckers always like to argue. I remember when most of my buddies were positive and successful and werent political wackos. Now the ones that are so concerned about things they cannot do anything about are political nut jobs and are broke. The only thing I can say is keep your standard and you chin up and keep forging ahead. Dont be a sucker.