What's new
What's new

Looking for machine shop in Champagne , Chigaco.

AthenryEng

Plastic
Hi Guys ,
I have a small machine shop in Ireland , one of my customers has a weeks work in Champagne , Chigaco . He does video data gathering on road surfaces . I have been modifying some of his tools so he can get them on a plane . But he might need the use of a machine shop to modify brackets etc so he can mount his cameras on whatever vehicle he use in the States . So im looking for any contact info for anyone who might be able to help him out when he arrives . They are a good customer and good to pay on time , the only thing they will need is a quick ( immediately !! ) turnaround as they are only there for a week . Thanks in advance . Andy

Are you talking about the city of Champaign in Illinois? Which would be about 2.5 hours south of Chicago?

There may be some members in that area. I'm about 1.5 hours away.

Also, the Chicago area has a mature video and film production community, and there will be folks experienced in camera mount equipment in the area. Likely rentable by the day or the week. I have no personal contacts, but if you make contact with the Chicago Film Bureau, it's likely they'll have contacts. Look for stuff like "Camera Car".

Chip

Back