Make America great again
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 221 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Make America great again

Maybe this has been asked and answered and I’ve missed it but what does it mean?

There are several possibilities and it could be one of them, all of them, some of them or none of them.
    What did “Make America great again” mean to each of you when you first heard it?

The possibilities that come to my mind are, but certainly not limited to:

1. More jobs and thus increased prosperity.

2. More export and less import

3. Stronger military

Damn. When I started writing this I thought I had a long list but the more I think about it the less I can come up with. Truth be told I have simply no idea what “Make America great again” means.

On paper the richest country in the world. Militarily by far the most powerful. What is it that isn’t “great”?

2. Likes richardson121 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You must have better things to do than just nakedly stirring up shit. Forget MAGA, how's your health? You gave us quite a scare some time ago, things are A-OK now?

Country
    SWITZERLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, go take a nap, Gordon.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Maybe this has been asked and answered and I’ve missed it but what does it mean?

There are several possibilities and it could be one of them, all of them, some of them or none of them.
    What did “Make America great again” mean to each of you when you first heard it?

The possibilities that come to my mind are, but certainly not limited to:

1. More jobs and thus increased prosperity.

2. More export and less import

3. Stronger military

Damn. When I started writing this I thought I had a long list but the more I think about it the less I can come up with. Truth be told I have simply no idea what “Make America great again” means.

On paper the richest country in the world. Militarily by far the most powerful. What is it that isn’t “great”?
    If it wasn't for America you would be doing the Goose-Step on your way to a low paying job at a ball bearing plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Surprising and yet maybe not. To some it'd read as if I was paying the USA a compliment.

Of course if you can't answer a question then "Attack the poster" might be the best reply.

Shame on you both and any others that agree.

7. Likes JoeE., Gobo, richardson121, speedypetey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Surprising and yet maybe not. To some it'd read as if I was paying the USA a compliment.

Of course if you can't answer a question then "Attack the poster" might be the best reply.

Shame on you both and any others that agree.
    Gordon, naked shit stirring (NSS) is pretty obvious. When you NSS us, don't tell us that we're bad people when we don't play your game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Gordon, naked shit stirring (NSS) is pretty obvious. When you NSS us, don't tell us that we're bad people when we don't play your game.
    I asked a question. Now if you don't know the answer just say so. I'll try again in a more subtle way.

WHAT THE FUCK IS MEANT BY "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"?

What is it that isn't great? What I regarded as a compliment you regard as an insult. Why?

I've reread my OP and can't see what the problem is. Those words won a presidential election but what do they mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You got 'em this time Gordon.... hoisted on their own petard.... however it's spelled.... maybe it's 'retard' as it relates to trump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mainly for the hyper sensitive. I’ll give another example of what my thread is about and I’ll use Brexit as the example.

The EU (for most) was very easy to join so why is it so hard to leave? Of course the UK didn’t “join” the EU, they joined the EEC. The EU just seems to have snuck in without many realizing it.

As I see it the idea behind the EU seems to be a United Countries of Europe and people don’t seem to want that. Who’ll win? Politicians or people?

13. Likes richardson121 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE. View Post
    You got 'em this time Gordon.... hoisted on their own petard.... however it's spelled.... maybe it's 'retard' as it relates to trump.
    It seemed to be a very catchy slogan but I never could figure out what was meant by it and never heard anyone ask.

I'm asking but that seems like a BIG mistake.

15. Likes itsmeBernie, richardson121 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gordon

I think everyone has their own definition of what Make America Great Again means. Here are some thoughts.

There was a time when a man could graduate from high school, and get a job that would support a family in reasonable comfort. That is rare today, let's bring that back.

There was a time when people were not afraid to let their children ride their bike alone to the park, friend house, woods, pond, or corner store. That is rare today, let's bring it back.

There was a time when people did not lock the door to their house or car and felt safe anyway. That is rare today, let's bring it back.

There was a time when if your car broke down on the side of the road people would stop and ask if you need help. That is rare today, let's bring it back.

I'll take those 4 as a good start to MAGA.

CarlBoyd

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's just code for "we want the good old days back" and an appeal to those who feel disenfranchised.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It seemed to be a very catchy slogan but I never could figure out what was meant by it and never heard anyone ask.

I'm asking but that seems like a BIG mistake.
    Pretty certain that MAGA was meant to be a very catchy slogan with lots of wiggle room to the exact meaning so that there was no accountability after the election. It's like pi - the slogan is not rational, so the explanation can go on forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarlBoyd View Post
    Gordon

I think everyone has their own definition of what Make America Great Again means. Here are some thoughts.

There was a time when a man could graduate from high school, and get a job that would support a family in reasonable comfort. That is rare today, let's bring that back.

There was a time when people were not afraid to let their children ride their bike alone to the park, friend house, woods, pond, or corner store. That is rare today, let's bring it back.

There was a time when people did not lock the door to their house or car and felt safe anyway. That is rare today, let's bring it back.

There was a time when if your car broke down on the side of the road people would stop and ask if you need help. That is rare today, let's bring it back.

I'll take those 4 as a good start to MAGA.

CarlBoyd
    Nice thoughts Carl and I think all in all countries would want that. I'm not being anti Trump when I write "Is that something any president can do?"

The image the USA presents to the rest of the world is your president. Just like the leaders of all countries, some do a better job than others.

I'm not a big fan of our prime minister but have to admit he's better than some that would love to replace him.

May is wishing she'd never called for an election and Merkel has turned close on 180º on some issues. Be interesting to see if Macron in France sinks or swims.

20. Likes richardson121 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by neilho View Post
    It's just code for "we want the good old days back" and an appeal to those who feel disenfranchised.
    exactly. It was a brilliant slogan, nothing more.

I don't know how to make it great....but I know how to make it better - get Gordon a hobby. Anything. You haven't made a chip in decades, why are wasting your life posting rubbish on a machining forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How bout a new slogan, "Make Denmark Great Again"

The world need more butter cookies and wooden shoes.

23. Likes Scottl, richardson121 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post

I don't know how to make it great....but I know how to make it better - get Gordon a hobby. Anything. You haven't made a chip in decades, why are wasting your life posting rubbish on a machining forum?
    He has a chip on his shoulder.

25. Likes Sea Farmer, Mcgyver, Scottl, Davis In SC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post

I have hobbies and this is one of them. I have in fact several and from your post you obviously have no idea what I make and don't make.

For someone always wanting polite replies to your BS you can be an insolent bastard.

This is my website. www.f-m-s.dk Remind me again what you do.

Surely you do a wee bit more than "Chief cook and bottle washer" as you write in your Profile Profession?

27. Likes OldSquier, t.jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    How bout a new slogan, "Make Denmark Great Again"

The world need more butter cookies and wooden shoes.
    Apart from living up to your name dick man you're showing your ignorance. Denmark is great and we ar almost all content with it. As to "wooden shoes" (clogs) you've got us confused with Holland.

Denmark second | Denmark Trumps The Netherlands at being no. 2 - YouTube

BTW thanks for helping me find that Youtube video LMAO

29. Likes OldSquier liked this post