Make America great again - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 4439
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    17,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3365
    Likes (Received)
    5319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Make America great again.

    What it means is make America once again fulfill the needs of the average person. It used to do that for decades until some people decided they no longer mattered. "Flyover states" is a perfect example of that attitude.

    When it becomes fairly common for once prosperous people to make statements like "I feel that I've been kicked out of the middle class" after a downward spiral that began with a job loss. When you lose the employment that allowed you to own a house and raise a family, and the only available replacement jobs are low wage or part time without benefits "kicked out of the middle class" exactly describes what many felt.

    Some political candidates flirted with this group over the years but it took a wealthy New York real estate developer to acknowledge them as a significant portion of the population and outline measures that he felt would reverse the trend.

    As of now many companies that were planning to move jobs overseas changed their plans, illegal immigration is down drastically and even the number of "refugees" (many of whom are actually economic migrants) coming in is about half of what it was.

    I understand that it is impossible to learn any of this from the ultra-biased "news" but the reality is that there is a high level of satisfaction among the forgotten man who largely put our current President in office. The Russian hacking narrative, with its suggestion that these people would have somehow voted for Hillary if some unpleasant news hadn't come out, is not only nonsense but typical of the insulting attitudes held by elites toward people they failed to understand.
    If nothing else I do believe you really mean that. Good luck.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    12,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1463
    Likes (Received)
    2556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Gordon, naked shit stirring (NSS) is pretty obvious. When you NSS us, don't tell us that we're bad people when we don't play your game.
    Lets make PM great again, and get rid of these troll fests.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    17,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3365
    Likes (Received)
    5319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Lets make PM great again, and get rid of these troll fests.
    Imagine if you can the OP was written by an American. Would the replies be the same?

    I asked a question and one that many of you should have asked in 2016. I believe only 2 or 3 posts have tried to give a reasonable answer.

    Trolling
    Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

    Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."
    Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."


    OTOH there is more than one definition.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2537
    Likes (Received)
    2757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I have hobbies and this is one of them. I have in fact several and from your post you obviously have no idea what I make and don't make.

    For someone always wanting polite replies to your BS you can be an insolent bastard.

    This is my website. www.f-m-s.dk Remind me again what you do.

    Surely you do a wee bit more than "Chief cook and bottle washer" as you write in your Profile Profession?

    I see you're in one of your snits today. Air pump on the bouncy castle not working?

    That this is one of your hobbies is a sad admission. No wonder you are so happy with your existence, a case of low expectations I think.

  5. Likes RogerHq liked this post
  6. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    4110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Make America great again.

    What it means is make America once again fulfill the needs of the average person. It used to do that for decades until some people decided they no longer mattered. "Flyover states" is a perfect example of that attitude.

    When it becomes fairly common for once prosperous people to make statements like "I feel that I've been kicked out of the middle class" after a downward spiral that began with a job loss. When you lose the employment that allowed you to own a house and raise a family, and the only available replacement jobs are low wage or part time without benefits "kicked out of the middle class" exactly describes what many felt.

    Some political candidates flirted with this group over the years but it took a wealthy New York real estate developer to acknowledge them as a significant portion of the population and outline measures that he felt would reverse the trend.

    As of now many companies that were planning to move jobs overseas changed their plans, illegal immigration is down drastically and even the number of "refugees" (many of whom are actually economic migrants) coming in is about half of what it was.

    I understand that it is impossible to learn any of this from the ultra-biased "news" but the reality is that there is a high level of satisfaction among the forgotten man who largely put our current President in office. The Russian hacking narrative, with its suggestion that these people would have somehow voted for Hillary if some unpleasant news hadn't come out, is not only nonsense but typical of the insulting attitudes held by elites toward people they failed to understand.
    Almost.
    It took a wealthy elitist con man to exploit those insecurities.
    Insecurities brought on by wealthy elitists.

    MAGA....
    Kill health insurance for the poor for billions in tax cuts for the 1%.

  7. Likes JoeE., RogerHq liked this post
  8. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    peterborough, ontario
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    77
    Likes (Received)
    75

    Default

    GBC'S posts brings out the good and the bad in you american's. Some of you accept that the USA has massive internal social problems and very poor foreign relation problems some of you don't. It is time that yo accept that your third in population fast approaching fourth, at least second in economy and perhaps second in military (unless you resort to nuclear). You like the UK, Germany, France, and Japan have pissed off so many bodies of nations are now suffering the payback of terrorism that its crippling your right to safety and prosperity. It is tragic that innocents are suffering, but think of all the suffering your past foreign policies have caused, without solving one damned thing. I don't think Trump is the man to bring you forward, what you need is more social justice, because you are falling apart internally.
    As a final point some of the posters on this forum are the typical world vision of Americans as a loud mouthed, poorly educated, bunch of red necks. It is time you you gave up on the anti communism rant, like Cuba is poor because of your sanctions but has a better education and healthcare system than you do despite being communist.

  9. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, JoeE., itsmeBernie liked this post
  10. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2537
    Likes (Received)
    2757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by art.h View Post
    GBC'S posts brings out the good and the bad in you american's. Some of you accept that the USA has massive internal social problems and very poor foreign relation problems some of you don't. It is time that yo accept that your third in population fast approaching fourth, at least second in economy and perhaps second in military (unless you resort to nuclear). You like the UK, Germany, France, and Japan have pissed off so many bodies of nations are now suffering the payback of terrorism that its crippling your right to safety and prosperity. It is tragic that innocents are suffering, but think of all the suffering your past foreign policies have caused, without solving one damned thing. I don't think Trump is the man to bring you forward, what you need is more social justice, because you are falling apart internally.
    As a final point some of the posters on this forum are the typical world vision of Americans as a loud mouthed, poorly educated, bunch of red necks. It is time you you gave up on the anti communism rant, like Cuba is poor because of your sanctions but has a better education and healthcare system than you do despite being communist.
    were you in the diplomatic core?


  11. Likes Dave D liked this post
  12. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    4110

  13. Likes itsmeBernie liked this post
  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Country
    CHINA
    Posts
    1,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Almost.
    It took a wealthy elitist con man to exploit those insecurities.
    Insecurities brought on by wealthy elitists.

    MAGA....
    Kill health insurance for the poor for billions in tax cuts for the 1%.
    Yup. So what was the brilliant alternative offered by the champions of the Common Man ? Us 'deplorables' if you remember correctly ?

    More imperialism disguised as "trade" ? Another job siphoning off Treasury for the banksters ? Another few thousand bureaus, tax-supported foundations and regulations to give well-paid work to the children of the 2%, while those of us who are actually Americans get shafted again and again ?

    Thanks so much, Democratic Party. With friends like you, who needs enemies ?

    At least Trump was smart enough to recognize the problem, even if he only used it to further his own ambitions. That's one step farther than the Whore of Arkansas ever managed.

    @Scott : no, communism doesn't suck. That's too simple an answer. Communism in Chia is fine, considering there's a billion and a quarter people here. And it was actually a better country/place to live before Deng Xiao Ping fucked it up. Don't believe that garbage you read in the US, it's still "communist" in the sense of a controlled economy. It's just buried behind one layer of whitewash to give the writers at Forbes a reason to say it's okay to deal with them red devils now. Which conveniently coincides with the cheap cheap costs ...

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    4110

    Default

    Complaining about Cubas human heights violations while simultaneously running water boarding at Gitmo is the absolute height of hubris.

  16. Likes TheOldCar, JoeE., itsmeBernie liked this post
  17. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    SWITZERLAND
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I asked a question.
    We’re aware of that. Obviously it takes a European to tell a European that the question is a bore. Gordon wants to start another 80-page discussion. You could ask about something Lars Løkke Rasmussen said, nobody wants to know.

    I fed the Troll, stupid me.

  18. Likes Scottl, Oldwrench, camscan, Newman109 liked this post
  19. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    4110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post
    Yup. So what was the brilliant alternative offered by the champions of the Common Man ? Us 'deplorables' if you remember correctly ?

    More imperialism disguised as "trade" ? Another job siphoning off Treasury for the banksters ? Another few thousand bureaus, tax-supported foundations and regulations to give well-paid work to the children of the 2%, while those of us who are actually Americans get shafted again and again ?

    Thanks so much, Democratic Party. With friends like you, who needs enemies ?

    At least Trump was smart enough to recognize the problem, even if he only used it to further his own ambitions. That's one step farther than the Whore of Arkansas ever managed ...
    The failure of the Democrat party to put forth credible candidates and policy positions has little to do with people willingly following a known con man and liar.
    For the most part it was the usual affluent old white men that voted for turnip.
    A few tens of thousands of people in a dozen counties swung the electoral college.
    If democrats had actually listened to their field staff those counties would not have fallen for the dumpster fire ruining the nation.

    The republicans are exceptional electioneering...they need it because their policies are unpopular...as are there politicians.

    I will give them credit for that.
    But they aren't control because their policies are good for the nation or its citizen or supported by its citizens.

  20. Likes JoeE., itsmeBernie liked this post
  21. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Temecula, Ca
    Posts
    1,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    726
    Likes (Received)
    2270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Apart from living up to your name dick man you're showing your ignorance. Denmark is great and we ar almost all content with it. As to "wooden shoes" (clogs) you've got us confused with Holland.

    Denmark second | Denmark Trumps The Netherlands at being no. 2 - YouTube

    BTW thanks for helping me find that Youtube video LMAO
    I started watching this, but then said, hey, if I wanted to sit a listen to some jack asses rambling on in a foreign language, I'd have gone to Costco.

    I have no doubt that Denmark is a great place to live, but I get a little sick and tired of people from other European countries bad mouthing America. Hey, fuck all of you. As said in an earlier post, if it wasn't for America, you'd all be working in some Nazi ball bearing factory.

  22. Likes Newman109, Modelman, morsetaper2, BillDe liked this post
  23. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    peterborough, ontario
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    77
    Likes (Received)
    75

    Default

    My god your are blind dumb, read international news, it reflects the trials of the USA. The conspiracy about biased news coverage is just in yours and Trump's head. I've had 6 months stays in Cuba lived in Havana twice twice on a farm well off the tourist circuit, as for the medical the few times I needed it, it was better than what I saw in Texas and Arizona where the locals were going accross the border to Mexico for both medical and dental. Matter of interest a person I know in South Carolina prefers going to Mexico.

  24. Likes JoeE., itsmeBernie, bucktruck liked this post
  25. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    4110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    It's obvious that neither you nor the author of that piece understand what working class means. It does not mean earning below some income level. What it means is being in an occupation that generally does not require college, at least at the four year level and above. Skilled tradesmen are definitely working class and one earning much less than $50k a year wouldn't be that common, at least around here. A plumber or electrician making $100k a year or more is not at all unusual, and if you look at some of the "how much do you make" threads on PM you'll see that many skilled machinists are above that $50k line on their own, without including spousal earnings.

    I have to be blunt here. So much of what I see posted in these political threads seems to reflect a lack of life experience caused either by youth or not getting out much. In their heyday many factory workers, who absolutely WERE working class, earned enough to buy their own homes and have a decent life. It is only fairly recently that average wages nationwide are so low, a symptom of wage loss due to combined outsourcing and insourcing and the switch to the vaunted "service economy" which the liars promised could replace manufacturing without lowering our standard of living.
    In their hay day there weren't robots.
    Those jobs didn't leave...they are GONE.
    Like hand braiding buggy whips.

    There is no use for moderately skilled workers any more.
    Not here...and even places that used to get those jobs are automating.

    People liked what turnip said but he was flat lying to them.

    There is no working class any more.
    The reason is structural.
    The GDP increased, but people that worked for a living saw none of the growth.
    The bankers and robot owners got it all.

    In any case, the majority ov voters didn't vote for him...by an historic margin.
    And the reliably republican old white guy did.
    A few tens of thousands of people in a few dozen counties flipped the electoral map.
    Not some land slide of disaffected 35 year old machinists.

  26. Likes JoeE., itsmeBernie liked this post
  27. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    10,470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    34
    Likes (Received)
    4110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    MY God YOU are blind dumb!

    I LIVE HERE, unlike you "furriners" who think what you see and read reflects the situation for the entire country.

    News Flash: A slogan that dates from the newspaper era was "IF it bleeds, it leads", which means that the sensational stuff is what gets attention. If the TV news started showing houses that didn't burn, neighborhoods that didn't flood, people who didn't get shot, and cars that didn't crash no one would watch.
    I watch and read a lot of things tharent blood.
    Seems that the people that need blood are just in it for the entertainment and fear.

    What's on now is not the news I remember from when I was younger.

  28. Likes itsmeBernie liked this post
  29. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    8,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5772
    Likes (Received)
    10122

    Default

    It's just marketing. No different than Obama's slogans.

  30. Likes Sea Farmer, adh2000, awander, Alloy Mcgraw liked this post
  31. #38
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    17,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3365
    Likes (Received)
    5319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    More "social justice", which more correctly ought to be described as Socialist Injustice, as the prescription for America?
    No but many of us have views we like to express. So do you.

  32. Likes art.h liked this post
  33. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    17,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3365
    Likes (Received)
    5319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    MY God YOU are blind dumb!

    I LIVE HERE, unlike you "furriners" who think what you see and read reflects the situation for the entire country.

    News Flash: A slogan that dates from the newspaper era was "IF it bleeds, it leads", which means that the sensational stuff is what gets attention. If the TV news started showing houses that didn't burn, neighborhoods that didn't flood, people who didn't get shot, and cars that didn't crash no one would watch.

    FUCK THE INTERNATIONAL NEWS! They're getting their stories from the same people who feed the U.S. outlets their homogenized, canned "news". The only thing I watch the international ones for is the perspective on Europe and Asia that we don't get here in the USA. Their coverage of the U.S. looks like it was copied off the network screens and other than a different set of talking heads introducing it is so identical as to be boring.
    The rest of the world hears and listens to what the "USA" says. Be nice once in a while if the USA did the same.

    Not saying one is right and the other wrong but opinions differ for many reasons. Like you my environment has probably affected and had influence on my thinking.

    Looking back then to most I've probaby been handed vey much on a silver spoon. Didn't always feel like that at the time but when I read some of the posts in here I've been luckier than most.

  34. Likes itsmeBernie liked this post
  35. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    17,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3365
    Likes (Received)
    5319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    I started watching this, but then said, hey, if I wanted to sit a listen to some jack asses rambling on in a foreign language, I'd have gone to Costco.

    I have no doubt that Denmark is a great place to live, but I get a little sick and tired of people from other European countries bad mouthing America. Hey, fuck all of you. As said in an earlier post, if it wasn't for America, you'd all be working in some Nazi ball bearing factory.
    Let's forget the "others" whoever they are. When have I ever bad mouthed the USA? One quote to show me what you mean.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •