Make America great again - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 221 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    I started watching this, but then said, hey, if I wanted to sit a listen to some jack asses rambling on in a foreign language, I'd have gone to Costco.
    No patience? It changes to English after less than 30 seconds.

Hmmm if English isn't your native tongue you're a jackass? You think like Trump

Denmark second | Denmark Trumps The Netherlands at being no. 2 - YouTube

2. Likes art.h liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Four posts in a row?

That may be a new record even for Gordon.
    I have many round, black, shiny, vinyl discs at home. Are these records?

4. Likes itsmeBernie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's Branding "Make America Great Again" ....kind of like the democrats "Resistance" or "Resist", but if you ask one for the facts, they have no idea what they're resisting......

The Branding "Swamp" represents the bureaucracy and every perceived lawless act either real or fictional.

I'm going to sound like I'm preaching.......

This Nation has lost it's morals, We no-longer do things for the right reasons it's all about the money......

One man can't change the direction of a country, The leaders are a direct representation of the morality of a nation. We are responsible for this as a whole. We chained ourselves to the idea that government fixes everything and We have gotten everything that goes with it.: A bureaucracy, the social ills, the rioting, the poor, the working poor, the lawlessness, the multiple levels of taxation, and of course the list is endless. We are responsible because We have turned a blind eye and told ourselves the next politician will fix it, never wanting to accept the truth. We are at fault for letting the swamp get filled to the brim, but We don't realize that "The Swamp" is the whole country.

We need to be adults and fix the problems that our representatives have created over the last 70 odd some years......

A question to ponder....

If, I own my labor and My labor pays for property and a bureaucrat says, I can't do things to my property without permission. Do I truly own my labor? Or am I a slave to a collective?

6. Likes tdmidget liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mayberry never really existed.

8. Likes Mcgyver, art.h, OldSquier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    This Nation has lost it's morals, We no-longer do things for the right reasons it's all about the money......
    Skating on thin ice here but hasn't the USA always been about "the money"?

One of the few nationalities I can think of that emigrated to the USA as they had no other option were the Irish.

Irish immigration to America: how and where Irish immigrants to America arrived 1846 to the early 2th century

Irish Americans - Wikipedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Politics aside and with common sense prevailing, the only thing that will improve the living sandard (I'm not going with "great again") of Americans is that the USA produces and exports more products that the rest of the world wants to buy. Cheap rubbish and low wages just aren't genuine Made In The USA products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, it was primarily for religious liberty.

My statement about the money refers to: back door deals, confiscation of private property for profit, or the amount of influence people wield. Criminalizing of Natural Rights or making criminals by passing laws that create crimes out of things that have been legal for years. Expost Facto laws.

One of my favorites for buying votes: a famous football coach turned politician somewhere along the line got an interstate exit for his farmland even though there was nothing for miles........

12. Likes birdlegs liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hesitate to post given that every thread seems to have been hi-jacked by a right-wing zealot squad who act like a pack of feral dogs to harass and maul anyone having a competing point of view. One inevitably asks, "What's the point?" I'm thinking there is no point, but I'll put forward my two-cents just for the hell of it.

What does the slogan "Make America Great Again" mean to me?

My answer is that America has never been great. So becoming great "again" can't really happen.

From its beginnings, America has been a country by and for the wealthy. It functions for the benefit of oligarchs who corrupt our political institutions and take massive profits at the expense of the poor and working classes. This has given rise to staggering income inequality and a "them vs. us" standoff.

America is a great bully. We stick our noses into every international conflict and throw our weight around at every opportunity. When other countries act in a way we don't like we assassinate their leaders, use our Intellegence services to undermine and bring down their governments, or use our massive armed forces to achieve the desired result.

America did help Europe to survive two world wars, but we were never liked.

Today, Donald Trump, has burned-up most of the political capital and goodwill abroad earned by the previous administration. Many Europeans view Trump's ham fisted approach to foreign policy with amusement or not a little anger. Ours is a President who shoves foreign dignitaries aside at public gatherings.

America, unlike most every large industrialised nation on earth, does not provide healthcare for its citizens. Not very great at all. Instead, it promotes a cruel system that inures to the benefit of gigantic insurance companies and their wealthy owners/investors, greedy doctors and Big Pharma.

Americans suffer from the delusion that they live in the best place on earth. They dont. It's not even close. Our standard of living and quality of life are laughably poor compared to many other places like Norway and Denmark.

Americans also suffer from the delusion that there was a mystical period of time in the US that they call "The Good Ol Days". Well, the truth is, they weren't all that good, or maybe good for some, but not so good for the poor, ethnic minorities and others ad infinitum.

With all this said, America is my country. I was born here and I love my country. While America has never been a great country, I still nourish the hope that it may become one someday. I love America's people and I find comfort living in the rural area that's home to me.

America has certainly shown flashes of greatness. The generation of men that fought World War II returned home and achieved astonishing successes. America's industrial prowess was second to none in the world. Unfortunately those men were the victims of the Great Compromise. When they turned around they found that their way of life was disappearing and all that they worked for had come to naught. They were betrayed by their employers and their government.

Again I do believe that we have the potential to become a great nation. Perhaps the greatest nation. But that seems very very far away at the moment. And I am pained to say that we have never been great up to now.

Squire

Sent Using Tapatalk - Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Tahlequah OK
    Last edited by OldSquier; 06-24-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Gordon,
    The answer to your initial question on what will make America Great Again will not be known for many years, but at least most Americans realize that we need to change our ways to get back above 4% growth. Relying on "free markets" will not get us there. It is very clear that our industrial sector benefited greatly due to the "Space Race". The moon shot created DEMAND like no other call to action except for WWII. In the end, it wasn't our aircraft knowledge that got us there, but instead, it was the relentless development of SEMICONDUCTORS that got us to Tranquility Base.

we can do it again.
    otrlt

15. Likes itsmeBernie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    It's just marketing. No different than Obama's slogans.
    Perfect, John, "Yes, we can..."

I'm struck by how strongly both sides really believe what they are saying. I have lots of friends on both sides, and one thing that really gets me is how they all believe that their "opponents" are insincere jerks. But from what I can tell, there is much more sincerity(along with, maybe, some ignorance) than there is insincerity.

This is among normal people, not the 1%, or the politicians.

17. Likes itsmeBernie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Almost.
    It took a wealthy elitist con man to exploit those insecurities.
    Insecurities brought on by wealthy elitists.

MAGA....
    Kill health insurance for the poor for billions in tax cuts for the 1%.
    do the poor have jobs? like it or not most healthcare in the usa is employer sponsored..... you won't need single payer if everyone has a job and those tax cuts- they give the wealthy more expendable cash to spend in the economy creating them.

I saw a post somewhere saying that a 50,000 us dollar tax cut on higher income individuals ( I won't mention the number) would fund 8 people's medicare expansion. do we have enough high income people to pay for everyone's?

For making america great again- it goes back to when the usa was the WORLD's manufacturer, creating more wealth than we imported. If you get the jobs and wealth creation back, it will be great again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What goods and services are you willing to pay for that are supplied by taking money from someone else?

20. Likes birdlegs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

USA, zero
    The tramp an swampies
    Trillions
    Gw
    The swamp is over flowing

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't feed the troll.

23. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gordon ain't a troll,
    Al Gore an John weld on invented trolling

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...It is only fairly recently that average wages nationwide are so low, a symptom of wage loss due to combined outsourcing and insourcing and the switch to the vaunted "service economy" which the liars promised could replace manufacturing without lowering our standard of living.
    My god your are blind dumb, read international news, it reflects the trials of the USA. The conspiracy about biased news coverage is just in yours and Trump's head. I've had 6 months stays in Cuba lived in Havana twice twice on a farm well off the tourist circuit...
    Response to the above is precisely why Trump was elected President. The "service economy" lie was promulgated by a bunch of hacks who got paid for writing about things they couldn't do and didn't comprehend, manufacturing being foremost among these. "International news" on the subject of the USA is, to a non-Marxist American, hilariously uninformed. And, art.h, with your 6-month stays in Cuba: perhaps you can tell us why so many try to escape the glorious people's revolution and reach here? Or are we just seeing the wrong news and the boat people are really escaping the USA and heading for Havana? Dude, are you sure you're not on a no-fly list?

26. Likes Scottl, Newman109, birdlegs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Skating on thin ice here but hasn't the USA always been about "the money"?

One of the few nationalities I can think of that emigrated to the USA as they had no other option were the Irish.

Irish immigration to America: how and where Irish immigrants to America arrived 1846 to the early 2th century

Irish Americans - Wikipedia
    Yes...look at heroes like Ben Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by otrlt View Post
    Hello Gordon,
    The answer to your initial question on what will make America Great Again will not be known for many years, but at least most Americans realize that we need to change our ways to get back above 4% growth. Relying on "free markets" will not get us there. It is very clear that our industrial sector benefited greatly due to the "Space Race". The moon shot created DEMAND like no other call to action except for WWII. In the end, it wasn't our aircraft knowledge that got us there, but instead, it was the relentless development of SEMICONDUCTORS that got us to Tranquility Base.

we can do it again.
    otrlt
    3% is a bubble.
    4% is a wet dream.
    Reality...get some.

Even with direct investment we now have global competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by WILLEO6709 View Post
    do the poor have jobs? like it or not most healthcare in the usa is employer sponsored..... you won't need single payer if everyone has a job and those tax cuts- they give the wealthy more expendable cash to spend in the economy creating them.

I saw a post somewhere saying that a 50,000 us dollar tax cut on higher income individuals ( I won't mention the number) would fund 8 people's medicare expansion. do we have enough high income people to pay for everyone's?

For making america great again- it goes back to when the usa was the WORLD's manufacturer, creating more wealth than we imported. If you get the jobs and wealth creation back, it will be great again.
    1) Eliminate Medicare.
    2) push people back into ERs in hospitals.
    3) cut payments to hospitals because Medicare is gone.
    4) your employer premiums go up.
    5) the cuts go directly into tax cuts for the top.

Not hard...
    Pull money out of the bottom, give it to the top.
    Run more debt for us to pay off.

And rich people don't create jobs.
    It's a lie, told often enough you believe it.
    We all know what trickles down.

Want to creat jobs give the money to the bottom, they will put it back in the economy, not in the Carmen islands.

30. Likes JoeE., manualmachinist, werkzeug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by awander View Post
    Perfect, John, "Yes, we can..."

I'm struck by how strongly both sides really believe what they are saying. I have lots of friends on both sides, and one thing that really gets me is how they all believe that their "opponents" are insincere jerks. But from what I can tell, there is much more sincerity(along with, maybe, some ignorance) than there is insincerity.

This is among normal people, not the 1%, or the politicians.
    Well...70 plus continuous months of job growth and GDP growth.
    So...yes, we did.