Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Nope, we export that to the UK

bon appetit
    I notice you have realised the error of your ways ref. trade unions,apology accepted.
    Denmark is exporting MRSA in pork to many countries,glad you approve.
    It would seem that a lot is exported to those Chinese that you dont like but none that I can find to your best US friends,well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    I notice you have realised the error of your ways ref. trade unions,apology accepted.
    It would seem that a lot is exported to those Chinese that you dont like but none that I can find to your best US friends,well done.
    How old are you? Grow up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He's younger than Sami.

Or so he says. . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MSRA is not only showing up in pork from several countries but also in other meats. This is a consequence of heavy antibiotic use in modern agriculture.

Kitchen hygiene becomes even more important.

Don't under-cook meat and poultry.
    Wash all utensils that contacted raw food with hot soapy water.
    Don't use the same utensils on cooked meat that were used when it was raw.
    Wash hands carefully after handling raw meat and poultry. With MSRA around, don't handle raw meat with bare hands if you have cuts and scrapes.

5. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    The rule of thumb in business is that decisions should be made at the lowest level that full knowledge, accountability, and resources to make them. So, we might agree in principle -- and our Constitution has much of that flavor as well.

The problem is that a majority (though not all) of what the Federal government does -- actually needs to be at a Federal level.
    I don't see how any of the right wingers, or anyone else, can argue with what you've wrote.

Well thought out and right to the point.

You need to go speak to congress... don't waste your time with trump.

Well, now that I think of it.. don't bother with Congress... go right to the podium in the white house briefing room and tell the whole USA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE. View Post
    I don't see how any of the right wingers, or anyone else, can argue with what you've wrote.

Well thought out and right to the point.

You need to go speak to congress... don't waste your time with trump.

Well, now that I think of it.. don't bother with Congress... go right to the podium in the white house briefing room and tell the whole USA.
    The rule of thumb is to extract as much money as you can and gain market share.
    No more, no less.
    That is not the role of government.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    We can agree that this would be nice, but it's not gonna happen in the real world.
    It's a democracy. DON'T VOTE FOR THEM.

Course that ain't gonna happen either...
    Agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    To be exact, this is INCOME tax not all tax as you were not specific. It would seem logical that sales tax, real estate tax etc also would have the rich paying more.
    Exactly. When people claim "the rich pay most of the taxes !" they carefully forget to mention that this is just income taxes. Since the top 10% own more than 3/4 of the entire United States, it would seem correct that they should.

But taking this a step farther, your supposition that "... it would seem logical that they should" seems to me totally illogical. Who pays the property tax on houses ? Renters ! Who pays sales tax on automobiles, clothes, everything else ? The public ! Sure, Hillary's pantsuits cost ten grand but compared to 250 million pairs of jeans every year, which is gonna be larger ? How many cars do wealthy people own compared to the general public ? 100 million cars in general circulation, how many owned by the wealthy ? If a rich guy crosses the Golden Gate Bridge he pays the same $7 as the other 10,000 cars a day. But he pays only $7, they pay $70,000. And so on.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and extrapolate that other than income taxes the wealthy pay two-millionths of what the general public pays. Yet all the stuff the general public pays for is what enables the wealthy to keep what they got. Without cops and jails, I know where I'm gonna go to pick up some nice paintings

As far as the costs of being in a society go, the top 10% are getting a free ride, paid for by us underlings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post
    It's a democracy. DON'T VOTE FOR THEM.

Agree with you.

Exactly. When people claim "the rich pay most of the taxes !" they carefully forget to mention that this is just income taxes. Since the top 10% own more than 3/4 of the entire United States, it would seem correct that they should.

But taking this a step farther, your supposition that "... it would seem logical that they should" seems to me totally illogical. Who pays the property tax on houses ? Renters ! Who pays sales tax on automobiles, clothes, everything else ? The public ! Sure, Hillary's pantsuits cost ten grand but compared to 250 million pairs of jeans every year, which is gonna be larger ? How many cars do wealthy people own compared to the general public ? 100 million cars in general circulation, how many owned by the wealthy ? If a rich guy crosses the Golden Gate Bridge he pays the same $7 as the other 10,000 cars a day. But he pays only $7, they pay $70,000. And so on.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and extrapolate that other than income taxes the wealthy pay two-millionths of what the general public pays. Yet all the stuff the general public pays for is what enables the wealthy to keep what they got. Without cops and jails, I know where I'm gonna go to pick up some nice paintings

As far as the costs of being in a society go, the top 10% are getting a free ride, paid for by us underlings.
    Thus...
    Nick Hanauer on inequality - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually, not. The rich can also pay for more barbed wire, security cameras, armed guards and heavy weaponry than the poor.

This doesn't help them in a *total* breakdown of society but guess what - they can also afford helicopters and personal long range jet aircraft.

PDW

11. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have grown up. I do not have to impress people with my superior knowledge on all matters (remind you of anyone?) You should try it sometime, you may well enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do not have to impress people with my superior knowledge on all matters.
    I'm not surprised you don't LOL I'll let you mull that over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not surprised you don't LOL I'll let you mull that over.
    Why would I want to laugh out loud? I'll let you mull that over.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Nick Hanauer on inequality
    I think that guy in LA who likes boobs already proved that the whole economics dogma we were whitewashed with was a crock. Then his fixation on reproduction got him into pee cee trouble but too late, he'd already made the point.

More realistically, the wealthy figured out a way to make even more money with no responsibilities whatever. What's not to like about that ?

Why would they want to make america great ? It already is. For them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    No, the top 10% paid 68% of federal tax, according to the IRS
    Tax Rates of the Wealthy | Larry Elliott | Business | The Guardian
    Last edited by SeaMoss; 09-14-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Miguels244;3039128]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinit View Post
    Everything in his post ignores the real world...his construct is a pure theoretical system.
    Oligopoly - Wikipedia
    Market failure - Wikipedia
    Transparency (market) - Wikipedia

There is a lot of empirical data sowing the failings of the simplistic approach.
    I have very much always appreciated your keen mind Miguel's. There are so many different and opposing viewpoints on this site. From the state of our country the only path forward I see is to try to understand best I can a viewpoint of which I disagree with the intent on reason and the many examples which will allow more reconsideration of deeply entrenched viewpoints. To move forward wee all must learn the art or relearn it of our leaders respecting the viewpoints of all of the citizens. Mercy shown the dreamers who contribute and know only America. I must admit when I see them and their very shallow signs degrading in general the overall true character and good values Americans have I am very discouraged and dismayed and in fact shocked by the extremes on both sides. So what I see must happen is both parties working together and not be mislead by bad media which is all about the money in dividing Americans. Thinking as a salesman Trump is understood better Obama gives Trump takes it away it is simply a negotiation tactic to gain focus and attention and to gain leverage. I have and always value your intellect and high intelligence and your aggressive at times style. spinit

17. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have come back to your full post to point out the error of your reply to my post 1638. I quote "its history now but do you remember how it was to be a worker before unions?"
    Once more I reply, NO I do not remember, the 17th. century was before my time. Get off your high horse and realise even you can be wrong.
    True story. Many years ago I walked into a shop and a voice said "Hello". I replied "Hello".

10 seconds or so went by and I got a "Hello" again. Yet another "Hello" back from me.

Then I discovered I was "talking" to a parrot behind a curtain.

Camscam, that's how I feel when "discussing" with you.

19. Likes OldSquier liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT:[I think that guy in LA who likes boobs ]

What ?...I like boobs... is that a problem?

also like lathes, grinders, fishing and deer hunting...my bad...Not

Spent the week end at a fair grounds trade show with perhaps one customer every 10 minuets or less..with not a few passing boobs it would have been a loss day..But yes passed out information so may get a sale or a few..Yes had to come back to town for a grinding job...

A bad day for the spots show as Youth Hunt, Squirrel Hunting and Bird Hunting opened that week end..Should have knooooded better.. $500 to be there …Better to have spent Saturday making parts.

And the loader guy dropped a blind bout 3 feet.. just broke a corner plastic trim so an easy fix..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

True story. Many years ago I walked into a shop and a voice said "Hello". I replied "Hello".

10 seconds or so went by and I got a "Hello" again. Yet another "Hello" back from me.

Then I discovered I was "talking" to a parrot behind a curtain.

Camscam, that's how I feel when "discussing" with you.
    If that is a true story then you really do have problems. If it had been a person behind the curtain would you have been talking to them or would you still be "talking" to them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If that is a true story then you really do have problems. If it had been a person behind the curtain would you have been talking to them or would you still be "talking" to them?
    hmmmm, now its not so clear which one was the parrot.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    What ?...I like boobs... is that a problem?
    It was for him

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It was for him
    Tits are good under most circumstances. Puts me in mind of a little cutie I briefly pursued in my misspent youth. Extraordinary lass she was, and in a variety of ways. She was really smart! HA!

Squire

Sent Using Tapatalk - Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Tahlequah OK