What's new
What's new

Manitowoc Cranes no longer to be made in Manitowoc?

ewlsey

Diamond
I'm sure the WI facility was union, no clue about PA. Manitowoc bought out Grove, so I'm guessing they are moving with them.

I'm sure the WI facility was union, no clue about PA. Manitowoc bought out Grove, so I'm guessing they are moving with them.

We had a couple smaller Manitowoc cable rigs, 45 and 60 ton, and about 10 various Groves. One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that the quality of workmanship in Grove cranes doesn't hold a candle to Manitowoc.

Groves are far superior to any of the other hydraulic brands, as evidenced by the way they retain value over time, but they still ain't close to Manitowoc. Its hard for me to imagine the boys in Shady Grove are going to suddenly up their game to Manitowoc's level.

Your right at least there staying in America.
Our business is located in what must be the most over regulated, screwed up state in the union.
That's right sunny California, were we are governed by a complete idiot and his fellow dig bats.
We have been contacted many times about moving the manufacturing arm of our business out of state/country.
Developers in Mexico 2 times. Nevada and Arizona have sent us info as well.
We can't for a number of reason move, however if we were to change absolutely nothing in our operation.
Other then the location ( not in California that is)we could save a bundle.
Electricity, all the wonderful cal taxes, land value, labor, employee home prices, state regulations, etc,etc

I was shocked to see the auction announcement too. First thing I did was show my brother their WI site on Google earth. It was instantly obvious they had already done some major moves. Their big yard crane was a landmark to navigate by in that area.

Dan

Back