Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was never home less..worked for a living..worked for 1.25 learning a trade with cleaning the bath room and swabbing the Blanchards...

Some today think everybody should make 50 k or better no mater what the job..then it would cost 50K to be homeless.

QT: [That is 300 a week] ..what doing add that, and be honest...

300/40= $7.50.. i was doing high precision surface grinding for less than half of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    I was never home less..worked for a living..worked for 1.25 learning a trade with cleaning the bath room and swabbing the Blanchards...

Some today think everybody should make 50 k or better no mater what the job..then it would cost 50K to be homeless.

and some like you think that their idea of what a job is worth is more important than whether someone can live indoors

I have no idea what your last sentence means

3. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

*like shutting the government down in general the bozos are not doing their job..They go on millions of dollars families vacation on the dole a week or so before they run out of money.
    You are talking about Trump, his weekends in Fla are just the worst form of living on the dole. Or maybe Pruitt, Zinke, or Price although he is an ex. The sense of entitlement of Trump and his posse are the definition of living on the dole. One third of Trump's time in office has been spent at his personal places at enormous cost to both the federal and state governments let alone the municipalities.

The incompetents of this administration is only over shadowed by it ineptness. They can't even get a good story to stay with, IS anyone at the Whitehouse truthful? It would be funny IF it wasn't the country at stake.

Steve

5. Likes metlmunchr, Bobw, JoeE., bucktruck, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Everything is not about Trump...Many things were wrong before he made office...He did not start "stupid" it was already there..

7. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

300/40= $7.50.. i was doing high precision surface grinding for less than half of that.
    what 40 years ago?

how is that relevant to the cost of living today?

300 dollars to pay the rent, you putz

one would also find it useful to eat on top of that, perhaps pay the light bill. It is not possible to own a car in NYC for that, but one must pay the long daily subway which is not free[at least 5.50 a day]

9. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

it never changes..it is just the same.. the low guy will barley make bills..the higher up will make bills and perhaps have a hobby. the rich guy will have buCoo money.. no mater if on the 3.00 or on the 30.00 for flipping burgers economy.

Plus back in the day it was not uncommon for people calling others names to get a sock in the nose. What is this world coming to..

11. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

no it does change

idiots vote a whack job in and he gives everything to the wealthy, with no incentive to spread the wealth. The selfish live well and refuse to give any of their gains to the working people

the poor get poorer and the rich get rich and the stupid complain about what working people get paid to do the actual work

13. Likes metlmunchr, JoeE., Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

likely you voted him in office..by not voting at all..and now you are hopping mad..likely you will not vote next time..so who deserves the names you call me.?

Here in the USA the smart or hard working can become well off with effort..agree some of the very rich are too rich and that is a shame..the lower wealthy pay a lot of taxes and that goes to running the country.. the tax plan sucks and will always suck..most of the tax changes are smoke and mirrors..Lower business tax is good.. using company money for self is bad..still free money is not the answer..

15. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would you have done it for a nickel an hour...the going rate 50 years before then?
    50k in most of the us won't quite keep you off the streets and fed.Xcept in places there are no 50k jobs.

17. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

looking for 50k free money.. better have good shoes..IMHO.

At the trade show in Indianapolis I saw a lot of beggars with there hand out..likely drug problem or a part time job..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

likely you voted him in office..by not voting at all..and now you are hopping mad..likely you will not vote next time..so who deserves the names you call me.?

Here in the USA the smart or hard working can become well off with effort..agree some of the very rich are too rich and that is a shame..the lower wealthy pay a lot of taxes and that goes to running the country.. the tax plan sucks and will always suck..most of the tax changes are smoke and mirrors..Lower business tax is good.. using company money for self is bad..still free money is not the answer..
    First, no intelligent rebuttal to, well anything, no proof of math, no indication of the understanding of basic household economics

And why exactly would you make the dumbass assumption that I did not vote, I have voted most every election for 38 years, go to town meeting, have participated in city council hearings.

you repeat lies

you opine against others you do not know with no knowledge, whine about the wages paid to working people you consider inferior

fool

20. Likes JoeE., Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Qt:{no indication of the understanding of basic household economics} What? My bill are paid on time..Go figure.

My daughter lived just down the road from the Trumps in Florida for a time in a small rented guest house. She never met any of them and Donald’s wife had the place while my daughter lived there. She (my daughter) was working at minimum wage (or about) for a couple lawyers and working on the TV series Point Man. She lived a very nice life on less than many would consider working for, and driving an old clunker BMW . It was not uncommon that the Beammer would make more money on the set than she did. Just saying anyone who can’t have a good life on 50K is not very wise.

QT:[whine about the wages paid to working people you consider inferior] what? I am the working person (now retired and just running a very few jobs in my small one man shop)Nobody gave me anything and I am doing fine. My son is a working person and he is doing fine..My daughter home schooling two kids and married is doing fine..Most of the people I know are working people and doing fine.

Seems like some make up a storybook and think it true and wish to pass it off..My life is real facts and not a bad life at all. inferior perhaps those who wont see better,but want something for nothing..Go figure.and want

22. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Qt:{no indication of the understanding of basic household economics} What? My bill are paid on time..Go figure.

My daughter lived just down the road from the Trumps in Florida for a time in a small rented guest house. She never met any of them and Donald’s wife had the place while my daughter lived there. She (my daughter) was working at minimum wage (or about) for a couple lawyers and working on the TV series Point Man. She lived a very nice life on less than many would consider working for, and driving an old clunker BMW . It was not uncommon that the Beammer would make more money on the set than she did. Just saying anyone who can’t have a good life on 50K is not very wise.

QT:[whine about the wages paid to working people you consider inferior] what? I am the working person (now retired and just running a very few jobs in my small one man shop)Nobody gave me anything and I am doing fine. My son is a working person and he is doing fine..My daughter home schooling two kids and married is doing fine..Most of the people I know are working people and doing fine.

Seems like some make up a storybook and think it true and with to pass it off..My life is real facts and not a bad life at all.
    It is you making up the storybook no one else

you have no idea what it takes to make it in the world today, evidenced by your ignorant comments with regard to wages

did I make up storybook tales of the rents charged, no

please explain how one lives indoors on the wages you think are fair

you cannot because you cannot to simple math

24. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Buck,

When did you start working? I am going to guess the mid 1960's?

The minimum wage was at its highest buying power in 1968, equal to 11.53 then in 1968 dollars and with inflation is equal to 19.33 in 2017 dollars. That is a little more than 40,200.00 pay for a 40 week, that was the buying power you had in 1968 working a minimum wage job 40 hours, with overtime you could easily hit 50 grand.

You can't say that just because you kid lived on minimum wage in a low cost state working on a TV show means anything without context. A single person living in L.A. working for a TV show would HAVE to make 45-50,000.00 to live a frugal life. That IS about what minimum wage IS adjusted for inflation. My folks bought a house in 1954 for 11,000.00, today that house is worth 750K, dollar values are relative to inflation. Gas in 1968 was 34 cents a gallon, today that is equal to 2.31 almost to the penny what gas sells for here in Kansas.

The gap between minimum wage and living wages is something that has grown father and farther apart since the late 1960's. You can't equate your minimum wage experience to someone living on it today.

Steve

26. Likes JoeE., Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Everything is not about Trump...Many things were wrong before he made office...He did not start "stupid" it was already there..
    Ah but the man has elevated stupid to a high art. Obama: head of harvard law review. Trump: went bankrupt 13 times.

Still give trump credit where it's due: he pushed through a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit increase so he could give companies and
    rich folks a tax break. And to compensate, he blew another hole in the budget by bumping up defense spending. Great,
    to compensate he's going to cut medicare and medicade.

So this means that anyone of you relying on medicare for retirement health insurance, you're screwed. Anyone who
    has an elderly relative with dementia in a nursing home, well, grandma or grandpa's coming home to live with you now.

Yeah. He's a fucking moron he is, as his own staffers say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Ah but the man has elevated stupid to a high art. Obama: head of harvard law review. Trump: went bankrupt 13 times.

Still give trump credit where it's due: he pushed through a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit increase so he could give companies and
    rich folks a tax break. And to compensate, he blew another hole in the budget by bumping up defense spending. Great,
    to compensate he's going to cut medicare and medicade.

So this means that anyone of you relying on medicare for retirement health insurance, you're screwed. Anyone who
    has an elderly relative with dementia in a nursing home, well, grandma or grandpa's coming home to live with you now.

Yeah. He's a fucking moron he is, as his own staffers say.
    No.
    He's not reall bright this is true.
    But that has nothing to do with his raiding the federal coffers for his buddies and to pay for a military parade.
    You seem th think that hes making a mistake or confused.
    You are wrong.
    His goal is and always has been to enrich the already rich and powerful.

29. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT: A single person living in L.A. working for a TV show would HAVE to make 45-50,000.00 to live a frugal life. That IS about what minimum wage IS adjusted for inflation.

They were flying the stars out from LA almost daily or once a week and they got the bucks. I think the show aired in 1995.My daughter had to work for every small part she got..Even when in LA and getting a small part in As Good As It Gets she was never a star and never made the big bucks..
    So many looks a the big buck people and wish it was them but they, the rich are few and far between.. Be grudge Trump because he is rich and we are is just stupid...
    People should just understand mostly you get whet you work for..and just a very few are lucky..

One real big give away was giving Social Security away to people who did not put in.
    You see I am not defending Trump or bashing him...Because I think that is stupid. Make us Americans look like a bunch of dopes..perhaps we are.

31. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    No.
    He's not reall bright this is true.
    But that has nothing to do with his raiding the federal coffers for his buddies and to pay for a military parade.
    You seem th think that hes making a mistake or confused.
    You are wrong.
    His goal is and always has been to enrich the already rich and powerful.
    I think his other goal is to bankrupt the USA in concert with the members of his party. Then they can stop spending on what they consider wasteful programs such as medicare and social security, National parks, etc explaining we can no longer afford them. Similar as used by many businesses who declare bankruptcy to get out of unfunded pension plans and other debts.
    But he has not really thought this through. Do you really want the government in bankruptcy court with China demanding payment with technology or real estate. Maybe Iran could buy a few million in bonds and cash them in for a few nuclear missiles.
    Bill D

33. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watch this well put together interview of Brennan and Clapper... former heads of the Intelligence Bureaus..... about Russian interference.

I wish this could be broadcast on all 3 national TV networks, every day of the week for a few months to get people's attention and open their eyes. They should do away with those late night "infomercials" and run this as a public service announcement.

Investigate Russia: Get The Truth (Full Interview) - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I think his other goal is to bankrupt the USA
    Trump has one goal and one goal only... SUPPLY... Narcissistic Supply.

If he actually had GOALS, he wouldn't change his stance on EVERYTHING every
    10 minutes...

I lived it, and watching Trump is like living it all over again.. There
    is a reason I go see a shrink every week.

I could write a whole book here.. Research it.. Its SCARY. NPD...
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Trump will grace the pages of psych texts for centuries to come...

36. Likes JoeE., Gordon B. Clarke liked this post