Old machines show why Trump tax breaks may not spark new company spending - Page 3
Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT: Like I said, a couple pounds from here to the States is $15 - 20

I shipped 3 wheels to Germany.. normal shipping was $58 Shipping to a military base was less the $15.00 yes that was subsided..
    Never have shipped a wheel to china..but china to USA for 15-20 is a bargain.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    So whats wrong with simple answer - basically this subsidy is done with the view similair to so much of their fiscal and monetary policy, and done with the pizzazz that only a an authoritarian regime can muster; gain market share the expense of the current standard of living
    Did you read through all the comments at that site mbuck posted ? Some interesting ones. Did you see the lady who said "I checked the price on mailing a sweater to the UK, it was $40 but the post office said they have to honor Britain's mail prices so only cost me $21" ? So it's not just China.

Interesting. Remember when the price of oil skyrocketed, so all the trucks and UPS and air freight added "fuel surcharges" and raised prices ? Did any of them drop when oil crashed from $100 to $30/bbl ?

It sure seems like there's a hell of a lot of profit-taking in the US that is not justified. Maybe if y'all had some real competition, things wouldn't be like that but nowadays, only three people own everything. They aren't exactly motivated to lower prices.

China has a different problem. The government pretty much determines what things will cost but they are afraid of mobs with flaming torches and pitchforks. Seriously. I took this a while back while on the way to Skankhai ...

Shoot. Can't find the photos. Two burnt-up cop cars tho

Zhili, a small city in the north of Zhejiang, makes children's clothes. The city got greedy, decided to levy a 50 rmb (about $6) per year tax on the sewing machines of all the out-of-town workers.

Let's see ... blocked the highways, you dare not go past because they were stopping cars and destroying them. Tipped over and burned three cop cars. Beat up several local government people. State of siege for about three days before the central government got together a team of negotiators to get down there and settle the problem. For $6 a year

The city dropped that extra tax and nobody involved was hassled. This actually happens fairly often, but for obvious reasons it is not reported.

I would love to see that in the US

3. Likes Monarchist, Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post
    China has a different problem. The government pretty much determines what things will cost but they are afraid of mobs with flaming torches and pitchforks. Seriously. I took this a while back while on the way to Skankhai ...

Shoot. Can't find the photos. Two burnt-up cop cars tho

LOL! They sold the populace on the 'proletariat' being the source of all legitimate power?

The "People" in "People's Republic of.." took it on, said "We've had more than enough of Emperors and their mandarins. THAT part works for us!"

And never quite let loose of it.

"Justice", no?

Now.. what happened to a government of the people, by the people, for the people?

Exported THAT to China also, have we?

Do we now have to buy it back piecemeal at Walmart? Or what?

Do we even still have enough seed stashed to start growing our own, again?

Or have we decided that growing wacky-weed better suits 'modern' Americans?

5. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSquier View Post
    Nah...Trump really is THAT different. Aside from being temperamentally and intellectually unsuited to be President, he's also a felon.

Arrived there already? Yessir. Some time ago.

Squire

Sent Using Tapatalk - Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Tahlequah OK
    "he's also a felon." Do you have a source for that other than the inside of your own head?

For the record, a felon is one who has been convicted of a felony, not someone "convicted" of imaginary (and even not-yet-committed future crimes) by a hostile media.

7. Likes Monarchist liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    "he's also a felon." Do you have a source for that other than the inside of your own head?

For the record, a felon is one who has been convicted of a felony, not someone "convicted" of imaginary (and even not-yet-committed future crimes) by a hostile media.
    Yup. Even airhead child-rapists and impregnators of underage Swedish tourists get a free-pass, so long as neither charged nor convicted.

He's all right. Just ask him. He'll tell yah so.

Clearly it is the rest of the whole dam' WORLD as has always been WRONG!

Trump made him do it, y'see.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post
    You oughter convince him pretty quick otherwise you'll be getting run out of town on a rail by mistake . We seem to have very different ideas about a lot of things, but nothing will convince those people ...
    Been tried.

Failed when the 'rail' went sidegodlin and got stuck.. about halfway up Gordo and JW's socialized collective shared-arse, not mine.

"New China News Agency" keeps their watching brief from a safer distance after the last go as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my, a "hostile media". Have you gone stark raving mad? Have you even listened to the fact that he changes his story several times a day? BTW the FBI isn't media and they have turned hostile too. I'm wondering how long it'll be before Fox News decides to avoid getting involved in the farce.
    Like you, the man doesn't know when to shut up.

11. Likes OldSquier liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Now what?

We need DNA testing to see if you and Trump share as much genetic ancestry as self-imposed damned-foolishness?

Or we can just take it as a given on the available evidence?

HTF does a community 'impeach' a self-elected Lego-Troll that's only a "legend" in his own underpants, anyway?

Seems to me you were near-as-dammit an unemployed and starving bar-fly what with the Health-Scare biz worn-out and weary ... until Trump came along with FRESH turd to feed your family and fetishes off of?

You and your feeble fellow fossil Bolsheviki should be grateful for a source of "free nutrition".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my, a "hostile media". Have you gone stark raving mad? Have you even listened to the fact that he changes his story several times a day? BTW the FBI isn't media and they have turned hostile too. I'm wondering how long it'll be before Fox News decides to avoid getting involved in the farce.
    "the FBI isn't media and they have turned hostile too"

And you know the inner workings of the FBI how?

Through what is "reported" BY THE MEDIA.

Everything you and the other Trump bashers "know" comes from the media.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meahh.. not "everything".

Some of it Gordo just digit-drills his own arse for.

"Reliable source of 'insider' information" I'd guess he calls that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saying media is hostile is not saying it shouldn't be or isn't justified. Its simply stating his view that its hostile - for whatever reason. As he's not currently a felon, a correct response would have been "you're right"

Not defending Trump, just intelligent discussion.

16. Likes camscan liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    Yup. Even airhead child-rapists and impregnators of underage Swedish tourists get a free-pass, so long as neither charged nor convicted.

He's all right. Just ask him. He'll tell yah so.

Clearly it is the rest of the whole dam' WORLD as has always been WRONG!

Trump made him do it, y'see.
    Gotta admit that I enjoyed that little respite from the "Monarchist" persona. How's that schizophrenia coming along by the way? Any new characters in the cast on the horizon? Maybe a gay cowboy from Wyoming named "IronSausage"? Hey, think about it - it's really a good fit fer ya!

As for me being an evil child-rapist...don't ya think you've punched that button a time too many? It starts to lose its effectiveness after the first time. Besides, I never say a word about your hookups with old men in public restrooms, do I?

What is surprising is that you've become an apologist for Donald Trump. Didn't expect that. Course, like Donald, you're self absorbed, uninformed and...okay, hate to say it... a dumbass. You better be careful about the "felony" thing. Wouldn't emulate that. Just so you'll know, you can still troll the restrooms - that's just a misdemeanor. But, Obstruction of Justice is a felony. It'll really get ya in deep trouble.

Squire

Sent Using Tapatalk - Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Tahlequah OK

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lock her up...says The Blaze.
    That's hostil media.
    Reporting that turnip knew Flynn was a foreign agent and put him on the NSC is not hostile media.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As Richad Nixon said...
    If the president does it, it's not a crime.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Clearly, but virtually everything everybody "knows" (whether Trump-basher, Trump-lover, Trump-don't-care, whatever) comes from the media. How else would you "know" anything that happens outside of your village? Some few of us (not me, I'm stuck in the shop almost 24/7) are well-traveled + inquisitive, and can offer a more first-hand accounting. The rest of us rely on some story-teller or another to tell us what happened.

Regards.

Mike

21. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Finegrain View Post
    Clearly, but virtually everything everybody "knows" (whether Trump-basher, Trump-lover, Trump-don't-care, whatever) comes from the media. How else would you "know" anything that happens outside of your village? Some few of us (not me, I'm stuck in the shop almost 24/7) are well-traveled + inquisitive, and can offer a more first-hand accounting. The rest of us rely on some story-teller or another to tell us what happened.

Regards.

Mike
    Scottl is a classic case of the problem...
    The Death of Expertise - Tom Nichols - Oxford University Press

Conservative Author Tom Nichols: Trump Voters ‘Are Just More Prone to Bad Information’ | Mediaite

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"the FBI isn't media and they have turned hostile too"

And you know the inner workings of the FBI how?

Through what is "reported" BY THE MEDIA.

C'mon Scott, seriously? If you're not getting your "updates" from the media where is it coming from? Maybe you read tea leaves or have a crystal ball?

I don't need to "bash" Trump. He does great job of that all on his own. Truth be told I'm just like most others, a bemused onlooker.

tweet.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's all get quite water gate and Nixon like.
    remember it was the cover up not the deed that got Nixon

25. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A "felon" is one who has committed a felony. One convicted of a felony is a "convicted felon".

Have I some "source" other than than what's "in my head"? Hmm? I could hardly "know" anything at all if the information were not in my head, could I? What I "know" found its way into my head from a number of sources - newspapers published here and abroad, online news from ABC, CBS, CNN etc. One pretty good source are videotaped statements by Trump, White House Staff, and a variety of other folks who've had something to say about "Russia-Gate", including Trump supporters and members of his party. What I've seen and heard leads me to believe that Trump has "commited" felonies. Am I absolutely certain? No. The odds that he has, I believe are 99-1 in favor of felonious conduct.

Where do you get your news?

Squire

27. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSquier View Post

Where do you get your news?

Squire
    Scottl relies on the media that don't report "fake" news. Of course, to the rest of us that "fake" news is more the truth than not and is also much more credible.

A List of Trump's Lies: The First 21 Days - YouTube

Donald Trump lying for 13 minutes straight. - YouTube

President Donald Trump, The Liar - YouTube

29. Likes OldSquier liked this post