OT: Climate change - Page 57
Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,121 to 1,138 of 1138
  1. #1121
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    How will we calculate the fair amount of money to blacks. Will they all need DNA test so we can know if they have any non black DNA? If someone is half white, do they get half the amount of money? What if someone is half black, but looks white? Do they pay or receive money? I'm wondering how all this will work.
    Quantification is for policy.
    Qualification is for recognition of the problem.

    Funny, some one that looks white and gets away with it has a descriptor.
    It's called 'passing'.
    As in you look white enough to pass as white.
    Pretty fucked up there are people born into black families that pass as white so they can work with us...don't you think.

  2. #1122
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    Yep..

    Always comes back to the.........

    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=8]OPPRESSION OLYMPICS!!

    WHO IS THE MOST OPPRESSED!?!?
    Who oppressed you?
    How much money did the make?
    Did your family have a home.
    Did they build a nation on branding your grand mother and selling her babies?

    Nah...you got shit.
    You are 'sick'.
    And had a dad and medicine.
    When you dad dies how much money do you get?
    The family home?
    If you hadn't the Weldon badass would you have starved?
    Or would daddy fixit?

  3. #1123
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5725
    Likes (Received)
    10047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Who oppressed you?
    How much money did the make?
    Did your family have a home.
    Did they build a nation on branding your grand mother and selling her babies?

    Nah...you got shit.
    You are 'sick'.
    And had a dad and medicine.
    When you dad dies how much money do you get?
    The family home?
    If you hadn't the Weldon badass would you have starved?
    Or would daddy fixit?
    Larry Elder - Should Blk People Receive Reparations? - YouTube

  4. #1124
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

    Default

    What's your point?
    Your post has zero to do with my questions.
    Did you have a family home?
    Did your daddy have a doctor for you?
    Will you inherit anything.
    Did your dad or mom?
    Was anyone in you fairly hung from a tree for their skin color?
    Do you worry your son might be shot by cops because of his skin?
    Did you grow up in a neighborhood that was redlined?

    Did your parents have a car?
    Were they relegated to the back of the bus?

    Seriously.

    Pay a little attention to how much more you had growing up.

    If you had been born, into an Alabama inner city...would you be where you are?

  5. #1125
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5725
    Likes (Received)
    10047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    What's your point?
    Not all blacks agree with your BS.

  6. #1126
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    Not all blacks agree with your BS.
    Not all whites agree with yours.
    But history does not agree with you.

  7. #1127
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern Il
    Posts
    753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    498
    Likes (Received)
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    What's your point?
    Your post has zero to do with my questions.
    Did you have a family home?
    Did your daddy have a doctor for you?
    Will you inherit anything.
    Did your dad or mom?
    Was anyone in you fairly hung from a tree for their skin color?
    Do you worry your son might be shot by cops because of his skin?
    Did you grow up in a neighborhood that was redlined?

    Did your parents have a car?
    Were they relegated to the back of the bus?

    Seriously.

    Pay a little attention to how much more you had growing up.

    If you had been born, into an Alabama inner city...would you be where you are?
    The majority of your list happened since LBJ attempted to create the Great Society.

    Black home ownership is much lower today than it is in 1960. Not saying that the homes might have been great but they were theirs.

    If you look at how the public assistance system is setup, the system prohibits home ownership, automobile ownership, the sound financial practice of saving money. The system specifically demands that the recipients become penniless to qualify and not accumulate anything.

    Aid for dependent children is greater if a father is not present. Aid is greater with multiple children.

    The main problem is the very system that you are attempting to promote.

    Not saying that there aren't still issues but the welfare system is designed only to do one thing well and that is to retain customers and that it does very well. It takes an incredible amount of drive to breakout of the system.

  8. Likes OldSquier, Scottl, t.jones liked this post
  9. #1128
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1328
    Likes (Received)
    1726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    How will we calculate the fair amount of money to give blacks. Will they all need DNA test so we can know if they have any non black DNA? If someone is half white, do they get half the amount of money? What if someone is half black, but looks white? Do they pay or receive money? I'm wondering how all this will work.
    Let me add to your list..

    How about whites that fought to end slavery? Do they get a pass?

  10. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, Scottl, t.jones liked this post
  11. #1129
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Mcgraw View Post
    Let me add to your list..

    How about whites that fought to end slavery? Do they get a pass?
    Did their kids enjoy the results of Jim Crow?

  12. #1130
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5725
    Likes (Received)
    10047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Did their kids enjoy the results of Jim Crow?
    I found you on Youtube!


  13. #1131
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    The majority of your list happened since LBJ attempted to create the Great Society.

    Black home ownership is much lower today than it is in 1960. Not saying that the homes might have been great but they were theirs.

    If you look at how the public assistance system is setup, the system prohibits home ownership, automobile ownership, the sound financial practice of saving money. The system specifically demands that the recipients become penniless to qualify and not accumulate anything.

    Aid for dependent children is greater if a father is not present. Aid is greater with multiple children.

    The main problem is the very system that you are attempting to promote.

    Not saying that there aren't still issues but the welfare system is designed only to do one thing well and that is to retain customers and that it does very well. It takes an incredible amount of drive to breakout of the system.
    What system is it you think I'm promoting?

  14. #1132
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Angleton, Texas
    Posts
    1,755
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    902
    Likes (Received)
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Preferential treatment?
    Like shit schools, high incarceration rates, getting shot by cops, not having inherited wealth?

    Don't know what planet you live on, but having a balanced police force is hardly preferential treatment.
    Hell, they are still fighting for voting rights.

    Now.
    If you'd given each family a home and 100k.
    Then there'd be a level field.

    And there never was preference for safety net benifits.
    Same as race was only part of the college admissions process.
    And as a method to ensure that traditionally racist jobs were leveled out.

    50 years...that's a good start.
    Another hundred and the field might be level.

    The first black kid born into third generation multi millionaire status is a good sign.
    When the 1% is populated by ten percent black inherited wealth. Then we can probably call it over.

    53 years of partial preference does not offset centuries of exclusion.
    I'm not sure why or how you managed to hi-jack Gordon's "Climate Change" thread for your own personal vendetta against all things white and conservative, but your attempts to disguise it as some sort of concern for blacks and then bolster your vile hate-speech with bogus science just isn't working.

    If you really cannot accept the logical conclusions to be drawn from your feeble epigenetics argument and absolutely must assign blame somewhere I suggest you read up on George Wallace, Lyndon Johnson, and the Dixiecrats ... then go take a long hard look in a mirror.

    With the impetus and examples of leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. blacks could, and would, have overcome the prejudices and obstacles that confronted them and we would not now have Black-Americans, Chinese-Americans, Mexican-Americans, etc., etc., etc. We would simply be Americans.

    Then Lyndon Johnson, in a move that foreshadowed Clinton's coopting of a balanced budget, instituted The Great Society and used it to coopt the leadership in Civil Rights legislation from the Republicans and then pervert that legislation while exacerbating existing animosities not to further the cause of Civil Rights but to ensure future votes for Democrats.

    ...hmmm, reminds me of another recent WH resident.

    I don't know you ... I don't want to.

    I don't know your life story ... again, I don't want to.

    Reading your hate fueled rants though leads me to believe you know even less about prejudice, bigotry, and hate in the real world than I.

    Have you ever stood on a playground on your first day at a new school and listened to a group of black and white third grade boys rave about the toys they were "whittlin' up" after school?

    Have you then gone home and had your mom slap the ever lovin' daylights outta you, make you wash your mouth out with soap, and spend an hour explaining to you what "that word" meant and why you shouldn't use it because the first thing you did when you got home was ask her ... "Mom, what's a n****r shooter?"

    I had, to my knowledge, never ... ever ... heard that word before that day. Certainly not in casual conversation with any school mates.

    Have you ever lived in a town about which it was said "N****r, don't let the sun go down on your black ass in this town" and the Klan had a store on Main Street ... right next to the police station?

    It's rumored there used to be signs at the city limits with the afore-mentioned unofficial town motto, but that's unconfirmed.

    Have you ever watched a Klan Rally from a distance?

    Have you ever been cursed, mocked, spit at, had the dogs sicked on you, or been threatened with bodily harm and/or arrest for speaking about and acting upon your beliefs?

    I've heard all your rants and supporting arguments from both sides

    You really need to go back and read through your posts here on PM, and then go find that mirror.

    While you do make the occasional point, most of them are just pure hate and crap.

    Aside from the color you hate, you'd make a great Klansman because it's the same hate and the same crap.

  15. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
  16. #1133
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

    Default

    Not a big fan of history are you.
    I hate nothing.
    I am appalled there are people out there that think that racism ended in 64 and fellow American citizens just need to get over it.
    Actual white supremacists are easier to stomach than your pansy assed 'I'm a good white guy pap'.
    I know...it's not your fault your grandfather enforced redlines.
    Nor that all that wealth wound up in the hands of your cousins.
    You're a good honest white guy.

    I grew up in a county that had, perhaps five black families. None of them lasted more than a year.
    I grew up in a state more known for Mexicans than black people.
    They kept their heads down.

    One of denvers infill is named after Stapleton...a big klans man.

    our biggest issues were labor and injuns.

    And, yes I have been subjected to physical violence for expressing my beliefs...but more because I didn't go to either of the dominant churches in my town.

    My family gave up activism when the kids came along, because activists were still going missing in the swamps down south and run off the farms served by the vaquero program up here.

  17. #1134
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

  18. #1135
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    8,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5725
    Likes (Received)
    10047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    Not a big fan of history are you.
    I hate nothing.
    I am appalled there are people out there that think that racism ended in 64 and fellow American citizens just need to get over it.
    Actual white supremacists are easier to stomach than your pansy assed 'I'm a good white guy pap'.
    I know...it's not your fault your grandfather enforced redlines.
    Nor that all that wealth wound up in the hands of your cousins.
    You're a good honest white guy.

    I grew up in a county that had, perhaps five black families. None of them lasted more than a year.
    I grew up in a state more known for Mexicans than black people.
    They kept their heads down.

    One of denvers infill is named after Stapleton...a big klans man.

    our biggest issues were labor and injuns.

    And, yes I have been subjected to physical violence for expressing my beliefs...but more because I didn't go to either of the dominant churches in my town.

    My family gave up activism when the kids came along, because activists were still going missing in the swamps down south and run off the farms served by the vaquero program up here.
    I like how you're the opposite of a motivational speaker. It' pretty funny.

    Everything is gloom and doom.

    If you were a person trying to help people on a suicide hotline, 100% of your clients would kill themselves.

    Miguels core philosophy for black people. "Don't even bother trying, you're going fail"

  19. Likes Alloy Mcgraw, Scottl, Bobw liked this post
  20. #1136
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny South West Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8447
    Likes (Received)
    2450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguels244 View Post
    What's your point?
    Your post has zero to do with my questions.
    Did you have a family home?
    Did your daddy have a doctor for you?
    Will you inherit anything.
    Did your dad or mom?
    Was anyone in you fairly hung from a tree for their skin color?
    Do you worry your son might be shot by cops because of his skin?
    Did you grow up in a neighborhood that was redlined?

    Did your parents have a car?
    Were they relegated to the back of the bus?

    Seriously.

    Pay a little attention to how much more you had growing up.

    If you had been born, into an Alabama inner city...would you be where you are?
    You know, Miguels... I 99% agree with your posts here...

    And I'm willing to admit that I haven't read the last 100+ posts in this thread, because I don't care that much, and I haven't caught up.


    I'm a very socially liberal, fiscally conservative person... I think most people call us libertarians...

    I generally agree with like 80% of the stuff that you post. And I understand that some of what you post is just to provoke arguments, so I probably agree with like 90% of what you post. But that post is just idiotic, and I felt like I could respond as a not white American immigrant.

    In order (From family home

    Yes, I did. My Dad spent about 60% of his time driving to/from his campus to get his Master's degree, and my Stepmom ended up cheating on him while he was bettering himself, but that didn't sour him or me.

    Fuck no, there was no doctor for me... Even now, as an adult in charge of taking care of myself, I don't have a primary care doctor, I use the clinic at my work.

    I'll inherit a $500K property with $600K in debt. So no.

    My Dad comes from a poor family, and both of his parents are still alive, and my Mom... well, I don't know much about her.

    Hung from a tree? No. But i'm pretty sure that a LOT of Asians died to make our railroads.
    I do, definitely worry that my son might be shot by cops, despite his being white.
    I don't know what "redlined" is

  21. Likes KilrB liked this post
  22. #1137
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2283
    Likes (Received)
    2455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    If you were a person trying to help people on a suicide hotline, 100% of your clients would kill themselves.
    or cause them to call in the first place.....

    VP Business Development, NW Suicide Hotline

  23. Likes John Welden, Sea Farmer liked this post
  24. #1138
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    9,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    3804

    Default

    And back to topic...
    Seems that even the hand picked skeptics from cock industries agree.
    https://thinkprogress.org/al-franken...e-69fbc39619d4

    Moron...we need red team/ blue team...
    What the hell do you think science is.

    Franken fracked him a new one in the hearing.

  25. Likes Bobw liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •