Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Pics from inside the Bugatti factory

The place is soo clean and sterile looking. Looks like final assembly section.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/in...ti-factory/#/7

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes sure looks clean, however did you look at the engine just imagine what it would take to do a valve set with all those pipes etc in the way.
    Obviously the bill doesn't stop at the purchase of it.........

3. Likes hermetic liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wouldn't buy one even if I had unlimited money.

5. Likes 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Welden View Post
    I wouldn't buy one even if I had unlimited money.
    Rest assured they wouldn't even let you in the showroom....

7. Likes 5 axis Fidia guy, hfo, Oldwrench, t.jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was hoping it was photos of the Bugatti factory in the 1920's- 30's. That would be more interesting to me.

9. Likes hfo, Jashley73, sandiapaul, bucktruck, hermetic liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Rest assured they wouldn't even let you in the showroom....
    If I had unlimited money, I'd buy the company and shut it down.

11. Likes triumph406, Derek Smalls liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I had that kind of money I'd be spending it here ...

TransAm Depot : Hurst Shifters : Classic Trans Am Firebirds : Custom Muscle Car 215 : Trans Am GTO

... or at auction on the "real" thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As I've always said, whether you're rich or poor, it's nice to have money.

14. Likes Illinoyance liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the things I both respect, and dislike, about Bugatti is that they're as much of a marketing machine as they are a car manufacturer. Just like Ferrari became more about selling $200 Ferrari branded hats and $50 Ferrari branded keychains, Bugatti has the ability to overcharge like crazy for their product because they have successfully put themselves at the top of the list of cars to own for people who crave exclusivity (and it's also fast and luxurious - but so are a lot of expensive cars.)

So it's "Wow, look how cool and clean the Bugatti factory is!" But if you guys got to charge a 10,000% markup on what you made, you could make your shop look like that to. They're just a lot better at marketing than we all are.

So yes, cool pictures, cool car - but I tend to be a lot more interested in things that are practical, especially if they're very clever.

16. Likes John Welden, 72bwhite liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny SolidWorks View Post
    One of the things I both respect, and dislike, about Bugatti is that they're as much of a marketing machine as they are a car manufacturer. Just like Ferrari became more about selling $200 Ferrari branded hats and $50 Ferrari branded keychains, Bugatti has the ability to overcharge like crazy for their product because they have successfully put themselves at the top of the list of cars to own for people who crave exclusivity (and it's also fast and luxurious - but so are a lot of expensive cars.)

So it's "Wow, look how cool and clean the Bugatti factory is!" But if you guys got to charge a 10,000% markup on what you made, you could make your shop look like that to. They're just a lot better at marketing than we all are.

So yes, cool pictures, cool car - but I tend to be a lot more interested in things that are practical, especially if they're very clever.
    Harley Davidson may be the kings or marketing and making more money off of clothes and accessory shit than core product of bikes.

As far as Bugatti and other super cars, they've always seemed stupid to me. You can only use about 2% of the performance on the street so you might as well just get a real race car if you're going to drive on a race track. (Yes, I know most super car buyers are buying a status symbol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Harley Davidson may be the kings or marketing and making more money off of clothes and accessory shit than core product of bikes.

As far as Bugatti and other super cars, they've always seemed stupid to me. You can only use about 2% of the performance on the street so you might as well just get a real race car if you're going to drive on a race track. (Yes, I know most super car buyers are buying a status symbol)
    at least a Harley you can actually use, but they are selling a lifestyle or the illusion of one.

Begatti, Ferrari, McLaren and the like really shouldn't even be imported,
    they don't meet proper emission standards, you shouldn't drive them like they are sold to be driven.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're 110% right about HD, and that's a company I dislike and respect even more than Bugatti. HD hasn't spent any money on engineering in about 100 years, and proudly sell some of the worst performing motorcycles in the world at roughly the price of a small passenger vehicle, because their marketing is just that good. (But honey, if I spend an extra ten grand on Screamin' Eagle stuff, I get a free skull and crossbones bandana and leather chaps!)

They were, what, 50 years behind BMW on motorcycle ABS? 30 years behind Honda on a reverse gear for the 1,000 pound land yachts they pass off as motorcycles? I rode a Road King a couple of years ago, and it was alarming at what HD considers "braking" and "shifting".

But hey, they make Dentists and Math teachers feel like they're in the Wild One (Sons of Anarchy, for the younger crowd) and that's what it's all about.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're 110% right about HD, and that's a company I dislike and respect even more than Bugatti. HD hasn't spent any money on engineering in about 100 years, and proudly sell some of the worst performing motorcycles in the world at roughly the price of a small passenger vehicle, because their marketing is just that good. (But honey, if I spend an extra ten grand on Screamin' Eagle stuff, I get a free skull and crossbones bandana and leather chaps!)

They were, what, 50 years behind BMW on motorcycle ABS? 30 years behind Honda on a reverse gear for the 1,000 pound land yachts they pass off as motorcycles? I rode a Road King a couple of years ago, and it was alarming at what HD considers "braking" and "shifting".

But hey, they make Dentists and Math teachers feel like they're in the Wild One (Sons of Anarchy, for the younger crowd) and that's what it's all about.
    That really made me laugh.

21. Likes Johnny SolidWorks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing I liked most about the factory were the cool lifts holding everything up.. They are all probably computer controlled...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Reports from analysts are that Bugatti loses money on each Veyron they sell, to the tune of $6.25 million , and they sold 450 Veyrons. Sound unbelievable so who knows how accurate the reports are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People buy them as much for the looks and feel. No one really needs an S Class Merc either, since a mid range Merc or BMW or Lexus will waft one anywhere in luxury.

If I was rich I would be buying this ; $650grand street legal Raptor trophy truck. Lots of fun to be had on the dunes.
    Stewarts RaceWorks - Luxury Raptor Prerunner - race-deZert.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I had unlimited money, I'd buy the company and shut it down.
    -Good christ man, is there any punchbowl you won't shit in?

Doc.

26. Likes Oldwrench, Mud, atomarc, hermetic liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by swatkins View Post
    The thing I liked most about the factory were the cool lifts holding everything up.. They are all probably computer controlled...
    Or computer photoshopped...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
    -Good christ man, is there any punchbowl you won't shit in?

Doc.

It's on order, but the material is unobtainium...

29. Likes camscan, Johnny SolidWorks, atomarc liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cranium View Post
    Or computer photoshopped...
    No, the fancy lifts work, they were on Dream Factories or How it's Made or one of those shows. The floor shields open and close sequentially, like waving your fingers, as they push the car sections together. It's such an over-the-top, jaw-dropping waste of engineering it has a snob appeal equal to the burning of the Augean stables...which was clearly the intent.

John Welden's verbal curl of the lip is, equally clearly, sour grapes. While the design of the Chiron is overall a bit awkward with its blunt nose and the downward front-to-rear strake, especially compared to a true piece of art like the Pagani Zonda, I would still buy one. Except I'd have to live in it...