What's new
What's new

Pics from inside the Bugatti factory

Yes sure looks clean, however did you look at the engine just imagine what it would take to do a valve set with all those pipes etc in the way.
Obviously the bill doesn't stop at the purchase of it.........

One of the things I both respect, and dislike, about Bugatti is that they're as much of a marketing machine as they are a car manufacturer. Just like Ferrari became more about selling $200 Ferrari branded hats and $50 Ferrari branded keychains, Bugatti has the ability to overcharge like crazy for their product because they have successfully put themselves at the top of the list of cars to own for people who crave exclusivity (and it's also fast and luxurious - but so are a lot of expensive cars.)

So it's "Wow, look how cool and clean the Bugatti factory is!" But if you guys got to charge a 10,000% markup on what you made, you could make your shop look like that to. They're just a lot better at marketing than we all are.

So yes, cool pictures, cool car - but I tend to be a lot more interested in things that are practical, especially if they're very clever.

One of the things I both respect, and dislike, about Bugatti is that they're as much of a marketing machine as they are a car manufacturer. Just like Ferrari became more about selling $200 Ferrari branded hats and $50 Ferrari branded keychains, Bugatti has the ability to overcharge like crazy for their product because they have successfully put themselves at the top of the list of cars to own for people who crave exclusivity (and it's also fast and luxurious - but so are a lot of expensive cars.)

So it's "Wow, look how cool and clean the Bugatti factory is!" But if you guys got to charge a 10,000% markup on what you made, you could make your shop look like that to. They're just a lot better at marketing than we all are.

So yes, cool pictures, cool car - but I tend to be a lot more interested in things that are practical, especially if they're very clever.

Harley Davidson may be the kings or marketing and making more money off of clothes and accessory shit than core product of bikes.

As far as Bugatti and other super cars, they've always seemed stupid to me. You can only use about 2% of the performance on the street so you might as well just get a real race car if you're going to drive on a race track. (Yes, I know most super car buyers are buying a status symbol)

Harley Davidson may be the kings or marketing and making more money off of clothes and accessory shit than core product of bikes.

As far as Bugatti and other super cars, they've always seemed stupid to me. You can only use about 2% of the performance on the street so you might as well just get a real race car if you're going to drive on a race track. (Yes, I know most super car buyers are buying a status symbol)

at least a Harley you can actually use, but they are selling a lifestyle or the illusion of one.

Begatti, Ferrari, McLaren and the like really shouldn't even be imported,
they don't meet proper emission standards, you shouldn't drive them like they are sold to be driven.

You're 110% right about HD, and that's a company I dislike and respect even more than Bugatti. HD hasn't spent any money on engineering in about 100 years, and proudly sell some of the worst performing motorcycles in the world at roughly the price of a small passenger vehicle, because their marketing is just that good. (But honey, if I spend an extra ten grand on Screamin' Eagle stuff, I get a free skull and crossbones bandana and leather chaps!)

They were, what, 50 years behind BMW on motorcycle ABS? 30 years behind Honda on a reverse gear for the 1,000 pound land yachts they pass off as motorcycles? I rode a Road King a couple of years ago, and it was alarming at what HD considers "braking" and "shifting".

But hey, they make Dentists and Math teachers feel like they're in the Wild One (Sons of Anarchy, for the younger crowd) and that's what it's all about.

You're 110% right about HD, and that's a company I dislike and respect even more than Bugatti. HD hasn't spent any money on engineering in about 100 years, and proudly sell some of the worst performing motorcycles in the world at roughly the price of a small passenger vehicle, because their marketing is just that good. (But honey, if I spend an extra ten grand on Screamin' Eagle stuff, I get a free skull and crossbones bandana and leather chaps!)

They were, what, 50 years behind BMW on motorcycle ABS? 30 years behind Honda on a reverse gear for the 1,000 pound land yachts they pass off as motorcycles? I rode a Road King a couple of years ago, and it was alarming at what HD considers "braking" and "shifting".

But hey, they make Dentists and Math teachers feel like they're in the Wild One (Sons of Anarchy, for the younger crowd) and that's what it's all about.

That really made me laugh. :D

Reports from analysts are that Bugatti loses money on each Veyron they sell, to the tune of $6.25 million , and they sold 450 Veyrons. Sound unbelievable so who knows how accurate the reports are.

People buy them as much for the looks and feel. No one really needs an S Class Merc either, since a mid range Merc or BMW or Lexus will waft one anywhere in luxury.

If I was rich I would be buying this ; $650grand street legal Raptor trophy truck. Lots of fun to be had on the dunes.
Stewarts RaceWorks - Luxury Raptor Prerunner - race-deZert.com

Or computer photoshopped... :)

No, the fancy lifts work, they were on Dream Factories or How it's Made or one of those shows. The floor shields open and close sequentially, like waving your fingers, as they push the car sections together. It's such an over-the-top, jaw-dropping waste of engineering it has a snob appeal equal to the burning of the Augean stables...which was clearly the intent.

John Welden's verbal curl of the lip is, equally clearly, sour grapes. While the design of the Chiron is overall a bit awkward with its blunt nose and the downward front-to-rear strake, especially compared to a true piece of art like the Pagani Zonda, I would still buy one. Except I'd have to live in it...

Back