What's new
What's new

A strange thing happened to me yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumin

Cast Iron
I thought it strange, but some friends didn't. What do you think?

I bought a hand drilling machine from Shanghai for getting stone core. From its website, I guess it is a good company with good reputation, better quality and after-sales service. But the machine arrived yestersay with broken carton. The heavy machine didn't packed with wood, even without any foam protection. What surprised me is not only the broken package but the company's response and my partner's opinion.

We refused accepting the machine, took photos and sent the pictures to the seller. It seems it's common to this seller because the sales immediately admited that it was seller's liability, but she required us to unpack it to check for part damages. Obviously, If I unpack the machine, there would not any liability of transpotation, and I doubt about the seller's verbal promise for damaged part replacement. The sales person's words and tone told me she didn't any fault because the company sell in this way for nearly 10 years. I didn't win in the verbal battle.

I talked to my partner and suggested retern it back to Shanghai. My experienced partner told me it would be meaningless. The seller would repack the same machine then resent. We couldn't get any but being hang up. At last, my partner phoned the sales for a written promise.

On the phone, the sales repeated several times about it's business years that made my partner upset. He told the sales to learn the National Standard for machine packing, that has to include preventing from shock, water that is irrelevant to the business years.

At last, we got the written promise and unpacked the machine. Not sure if there will be problems caused by the abnormally transportation.

I thought it strange, but some friends didn't. What do you think?

I bought a hand drilling machine from Shanghai for getting stone core. From its website, I guess it is a good company with good reputation, better quality and after-sales service. But the machine arrived yestersay with broken carton. The heavy machine didn't packed with wood, even without any foam protection. What surprised me is not only the broken package but the company's response and my partner's opinion.

We refused accepting the machine, took photos and sent the pictures to the seller. It seems it's common to this seller because the sales immediately admited that it was seller's liability, but she required us to unpack it to check for part damages. Obviously, If I unpack the machine, there would not any liability of transpotation, and I doubt about the seller's verbal promise for damaged part replacement. The sales person's words and tone told me she didn't any fault because the company sell in this way for nearly 10 years. I didn't win in the verbal battle.

I talked to my partner and suggested retern it back to Shanghai. My experienced partner told me it would be meaningless. The seller would repack the same machine then resent. We couldn't get any but being hang up. At last, my partner phoned the sales for a written promise.

On the phone, the sales repeated several times about it's business years that made my partner upset. He told the sales to learn the National Standard for machine packing, that has to include preventing from shock, water that is irrelevant to the business years.

At last, we got the written promise and unpacked the machine. Not sure if there will be problems caused by the abnormally transportation.

How much money are you talkin?

The drilling machine costs Yuan5180; weight about 20kg for drilling 300mm diameter.

5180 Yuan is about $850.00 USD; I don't know what kind of money you have to play with, but I would think that just accepting the loss and shopping for a new machine from a better company will be your best course of action.

Of course, if your entire company is riding on this $850, then keep pursuing the matter.

I hope you have not paid for this yet...
but if you did, I hope you paid with a credit card....if so call the Credit Card and cancel the purchase

I would call the company that sent that pile of junk to you and tell them in SHORT ORDER....

Seems that a huge PILE OF JUNK ARRIVED THE OTHER DAY and I DID NOT ORDER IT....

So........ PLEASE PICK UP THAT PILE OF CRAP PRONTO....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back